TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the thread but don't have an engineering mind, so forgive the question...

Does anyone understand if there is always a way a person could accidentally end up in this situation (always an open access point somewhere by design), or should it have not even been possible?
(Indicating something went very wrong, for example: he forced his own entry in -- like when people try to force themselves down a chimney OR a crime against him and he was hidden by someone OR a worker made a mistake and left something uncovered or unlocked that should have been covered or locked?)
I don’t have the answers, but these are good questions. And whether the remains are those of Caleb’s or someone else, I’m sure law enforcement will be exploring all of them in order to see if this was an accident or foul play. It would seem to be the only way to make a ruling.

If a body is found and its location can reasonably be determined to have been from an accidental fall, that’s one thing. If it’s located where it’s unlikely or impossible to have gotten there naturally, it would indicate foul play.

Last edited:
This new find is in keeping with a theory that CH was lured some place close by. We discussed earlier the possibility of an accidental death or a murder, combined with the body being moved out of a nearby apartment at a later time.

It's possible.

The article I read says the pipes are too narrow for a human body to fit. Someone had to lift that manhole cover. Seems highly unlikely that CH put himself there, to me. But still within the realm of possibility, I suppose.

IMO.

Posted today on CCPD blotter -

. . . this location and area was previously checked in the early days of searching for missing person Caleb Harris in March.

If one accidentally fell into a manhole, or a wet well, one would think that the lid or hatch to that access point would stay open until someone else closed it. Hard to close it behind yourself, even if you wanted to. JMO.

If one accidentally fell into a manhole, or a wet well, one would think that the lid or hatch to that access point would stay open until someone else closed it. Hard to close it behind yourself, even if you wanted to. JMO.
What's amazing is that over a month and a half after his disappearance, there was still at least one open manhole nearby. That's an accident waiting to happen, and it looks like maybe it did.

Maybe the manhole was accidently left open and workers closed it the next shift when they saw it open, not realizing someone fell down it.
Just a thought.

jmo

-
CORPUS CHRISTI, Tx — It will take up to six weeks to identify the remains that were found in a wastewater well off of Lexington Road Monday.

KRIS 6 News caught up with Corpus Christi Police Chief Mike Markle before Tuesday morning's city council meeting to ask him about the investigation, now involving the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office.

-The remains were taken to the Medical Examiner's Office where Chief Markle said it will take anywhere from a month to six weeks.

"At that time, we'll know whether we'll bring closure to existing cases or start a new case or even if there's any foul play involved," Markle said.

When asked if crews found the entire body, Markle responded "Almost. We found human remains".

-Chief Markle said he has spoken to Caleb Harris' family. Harris is the Texas A&M Corpus Christi student who vanished on March 4 near his apartment complex in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road.

"We made them aware right away. We didn't want them to see it for the first time on social media or somewhere else ."

-We also asked about some photos of the human remains that were posted online. He said he didn't see them but heard about them and understood they've been removed.

Last edited:

-
CORPUS CHRISTI, Tx — It will take up to six weeks to identify the remains that were found in a wastewater well off of Lexington Road Monday.

KRIS 6 News caught up with Corpus Christi Police Chief Mike Markle before Tuesday morning's city council meeting to ask him about the investigation, now involving the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office.

-The remains were taken to the Medical Examiner's Office where Chief Markle said it will take anywhere from a month to six weeks.

"At that time, we'll know whether we'll bring closure to existing cases or start a new case or even if there's any foul play involved," Markle said.

When asked if crews found the entire body, Markle responded "Almost. We found human remains".

-Chief Markle said he has spoken to Caleb Harris' family. Harris is the Texas A&M Corpus Christi student who vanished on March 4 near his apartment complex in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road.

"We made them aware right away. We didn't want them to see it for the first time on social media or somewhere else ."

-We also asked about some photos of the human remains that were posted online. He said he didn't see them but heard about them and understood they've been removed.
Damn. That seems like a VERY long time.

For me, if this is Caleb, we still have to await the manner of death ( natural, accident, suicide, homicide, or undetermined)) and the cause of death ( gunshot, blow to the head, strangulation etc,) This doesn't answer anything for me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkogoose