MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After Proctor's suspension, Higgins on desk duty and can't testify without his attorney sitting next to him, and who knows how many other heads will roll in the meantime, I double dog dare the CW to retry her. How much self-inflicted pain and embarrassment can Lally and Co. take?

I really dont believe there is much left in her.
Sure she smiled for the pretty lights today but I think that inside she is broken, like her body.
Nobody can be subjected to that level of abuse over such a prolonged period of time without severe physical and mental repercussions.
She will sleep well tonight though! Maybe for the first time in 2.5 years. She must be exhausted, like you've mentioned. MOO.

“Regarding Trooper Michael Proctor being relieved of duty, conduct has consequences. DA Morrissey backed this misogynist corrupt cop, and 2 hours after he announced he will pursue a second trial against an innocent woman Karen Read, The Massachusetts State Police announced that Michael Proctor the lead investigator for the Commonwealth has been relieved of duty ‘because of serious misconduct that emerged in testimony at the trial’. We look forward to another opportunity to reveal the truth about this unjust prosecution. Good Luck.”

“Regarding Trooper Michael Proctor being relieved of duty, conduct has consequences. DA Morrissey backed this misogynist corrupt cop, and 2 hours after he announced he will pursue a second trial against an innocent woman Karen Read, The Massachusetts State Police announced that Michael Proctor the lead investigator for the Commonwealth has been relieved of duty ‘because of serious misconduct that emerged in testimony at the trial’. We look forward to another opportunity to reveal the truth about this unjust prosecution. Good Luck.”
I think it is perfect CW shot off it's mouth saying how they were going to re-prosecute, and moments later it is announced that Michael Proctor the lead investigator for the CW has been relieved of duty because of serious misconduct that emerged in testimony at the trial!

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Morrissey next.
This can be done I'll wager..
skin and hair will fly..

I think it is perfect CW shot off it's mouth saying how they were going to re-prosecute, and moments later it is announced that Michael Proctor the lead investigator for the CW has been relieved of duty because of serious misconduct that emerged in testimony at the trial!

Hahahahahaha!!!!
They really have to say that though, no matter what. It helps them both save face, and puts them back in the driver’s seat as far as the narrative goes.

They’d do this even if they had doubts about retrying, as they can always decide to drop the charges down the road. They wouldn’t want to show any weakness by equivocating.

So because he's in a union, he gets suspended from his current duties as a State Trooper, and put on administrative duties at a desk job and out of the public eye where he can no longer be seen as an embarrassment. Could you imagine them having him attend to a crime scene after this! Unless he faces charges of some kind, I can't see him ever losing his job. MOO.

The problem is, he can't be trusted with any private information because he has a tendency to leak it to his civilian friends. Nor can he be trusted with informal reports because he tends to use profanities. He is not without some merits, I suspect, but he is a liability to any PD.
Yes, I do agree people who work in LE may suffer from occupational stress such as PTSD. However, I don't know how the culture at those departments has obviously allowed their conduct to go on for so long. The way they were behaving was entrenched in their everyday lifestyle.
  • Driving police vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Driving own vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to be at work while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to hang around work on days off.
  • Leaving badges and possibly firearms in police vehicles because of getting intoxicated.
  • Sending confidential information to old high school buddies about active cases.
  • Going for drinks during work hours while in possession of a police vehicle.
  • Making decisions/conclusions about other people's crimes/lives while intoxicated.
There should have been systems in place to monitor all of the above.

I would hope all these individuals have now hit bottom and seek help, but I doubt it. I believe they will need more than AA because they're so far gone, they don't even realize how absurd it all is!

MOO.

I was posting about Trooper P. when I read your post.
Well, all it true, but policemen are neither worse nor better than population in general. In a way, they are the sample of our average population. We can't choose, so we have to work with whom we have. Are they workable? Depends on their defense mechanisms, but better than doing nothing. They need more than AA, of course, but there are too many limitations regarding the police and what is allowed, even medication-wise. AA and a group is at least the way to start. Plus, AA is an alternative to their "old boy club", Waterfountain or wherever they cluster, where drinking is normalized.
Alcohol, sadly, is so prevalent because it is an acceptable drug. Substitute your own phrases with: "driving police vehicles around town while high on meth; permitted to be at work when stoned", and it reads shocking. But alcohol, for centuries, was acceptable,
perhaps it had to do with church rituals. So "an alcoholic but holds his own" sounds "an OK guy."
However, would we even have this murder of John O'Keefe on the night of January 29, 2022, if Karen Read, John O'Keefe all the gusts in Brian Albert's house and Brian himself were sober? I doubt it. Who benefits from this case, short of two lawyers, the Turtleboy and maybe a couple of desesperados who got their own support group?
No one.
Least of all, Karen Read.

1. He didn't just say misogynist. He also said "corrupt."

2. He also said they look forward to another opportunity to reveal the truth about this unjust prosecution.

Bam!!!!

Agreed. Hope nothing happens to anyone on either side. And the trooper who told the reporter to get the F off his lawn … not professional or classy. He should be trained for that sort of thing. A simple “No comment” would suffice.
Well his texts weren't very professional or classy, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

So sneaky, so cowardly, so dastardly in its timing.

Do we know the split count?
I’m dying to know the insight into the divisions inside the deliberation room. It seems like this info has always been leaked in other trials? C’mon leakers! We need a busybody court clerk like from the Murdaugh trial lol.

I’m very pleased Karen isn’t going to prison. She looked really sweet and awkward standing outside with her attorneys. I also feel sorrow for John O’Keefe’s family, this must be so incredibly painful for them.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

It's like watching a train wreck in S-L-O-W motion. Glorious carnage for the lying detectives! The Left hand has NO idea what the right hand is doing. A complete joke of a police department. Hope they dive into every single investigation proctor had a hand in!!!

It's like watching a train wreck in S-L-O-W motion. Glorious carnage for the lying detectives! The Left hand has NO idea what the right hand is doing. A complete joke of a police department. Hope they dive into every single investigation proctor had a hand in!!!
Oh I think heads are going to roll!!

@OldCop can you explain this?
Being assigned to the DA’s Office as an investigator is considered a premium assignment. He has been transferred out of that assignment and relieved of duty. He will probably be reassigned to one of the MSP barracks on paper. I’m not fully versed on MSP bargaining agreements so the following would be the course of action against Proctor based on general guidelines. He has likely been relieved of his badge and his gun pending his internal affairs hearing. In most cases you would be suspended with pay until your first hearing. You would have your union rep with you at the hearing. Internal affairs will set the hearing date and you will be called in to face the charges pending against you. (By charges I am not necessarily talking about legal charges, but they may be in the mix.). Depending on the outcome, you may be suspended for a period of time with or without pay. (I would guess without pay in this case.) You may be assigned to desk duty for a period of time. You could be fired, and you could be put down on criminal charges.
I am thinking he may be suspended without pay until the federal investigation is complete. In the meantime, he has his own agency’s internal affairs investigation to contend with.
No wonder he kicked that reporter off his lawn today. :cool:

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Ooooooo!!! Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy! He’ll have oodles of time on his hands to look for noodz on his phone now, won’t he?

This was the best shot CW had to convict Karen Read. They failed. Defense case only gets stronger at an alleged second trial, plus possible venue change. It's fair statement to say there's no way Karen Read is getting convicted by MA jury, ever. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper