Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 7.30 pm in Tenerife it would not have been cold for one thing and also he was at his own location where he was staying. It has never ever been said he went to the air b and b prior to the time he went after the rave finished.
Thank you. Up to speed now. I was missing the image at the rave at 1 am.

I couldn't figure out how to link it, so I screenshot the darn thing :)

I just put in the coordinates from an earlier post on this thread, just a page or a few back, in to google maps. I've been foolin' around checking sight lines, and trying to determine a course of travel he may have taken from the coordinates of the reported last ping. I discovered the cell towers up there, you can see 'em on google earth.
This is where I've been looking, but I'm unsure whether it is the correct area where there was a bus stop, a walk North, and last ping.

1720404000823.png

This is where I've been looking, but I'm unsure whether it is the correct area where there was a bus stop, a walk North, and last ping.

View attachment 516201

This is the Airbnb where Jay set off from, and the bus stop directly outside:

Assuming Jay followed the road to where the phone last pinged, this should have been his route:

Untitled-3.jpg

This is the Airbnb where Jay set off from, and the bus stop directly outside:

Assuming Jay followed the road to where the phone last pinged, this should have been his route:

View attachment 516209
When I click the google map link, it takes me to street view. When I exit street view, it takes me here:

Attachments

• 1720406345769.png
    1720406345769.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 31
The thread is closed for the night and will reopen in the morning

Reading through what Qassim has stated to the investigator, a few things spring to mind.

On the way to the airbnb, he said that they stopped to get a can of fizzy drink. Would any shops on the route be open, given that it was very early in the morning?

Why would Jay have to enter the other guy's room to get a phone charger? Surely there was at least one other at the property. If this guy was asleep, wouldn't it be odd for Jay to go into his room, for whatever reason?

Who are the couple that knocked on the door of the airbnb and asked Qassim to move his car? I'm sure they've been interviewed by the police, but it's odd that nothing has been said about them until now.
Especially since this couple were present while Jay was asking Ofelia Medina Hernandez about bus times. Surely she would have mentioned seeing the couple when she was asked about her conversation with Jay, since they could only have been a few feet away from each other?

Why does Qassim mention that Jay had black trainers on, when he comes back inside after moving his car? What relevance did he think it had?

Qassim told Jay that there was no bus (presumably he meant at the time Jay thought one was arriving). How would he know there wasn't a bus due at that time? He had a car, so wouldn't be using the bus service. The only was he'd know is if he'd stayed at the property at least once before.

There's other odd things he said, but these stuck out to me.

Reading through what Qassim has stated to the investigator, a few things spring to mind.

On the way to the airbnb, he said that they stopped to get a can of fizzy drink. Would any shops on the route be open, given that it was very early in the morning?

Why would Jay have to enter the other guy's room to get a phone charger? Surely there was at least one other at the property. If this guy was asleep, wouldn't it be odd for Jay to go into his room, for whatever reason?

Who are the couple that knocked on the door of the airbnb and asked Qassim to move his car? I'm sure they've been interviewed by the police, but it's odd that nothing has been said about them until now.
Especially since this couple were present while Jay was asking Ofelia Medina Hernandez about bus times. Surely she would have mentioned seeing the couple when she was asked about her conversation with Jay, since they could only have been a few feet away from each other?

Why does Qassim mention that Jay had black trainers on, when he comes back inside after moving his car? What relevance did he think it had?

Qassim told Jay that there was no bus (presumably he meant at the time Jay thought one was arriving). How would he know there wasn't a bus due at that time? He had a car, so wouldn't be using the bus service. The only was he'd know is if he'd stayed at the property at least once before.

IMO

- was it a petrol station shop open 24/7?

- I guess it was Ofelia who asked the car to be moved

Yes, some cafes open at 4.30 - 5.30am in that village. If you watch MWT’s latest vid he has circled the village on a map. Then Google the village for cafes and you’ll see the opening times. Sorry it’s DIY but I can’t link ATM

Last edited:
"It's dark, it's extremely dangerous," he commented. "Let me be frank, it's scary up here on your own in the darkness." Chris believes that after Jay hurriedly left the holiday rental, he may have veered off down the ravine, thinking the coast was closer than it actually is.

He claims to have pinpointed the 'most sensible' places to search, including the precise geolocation of Jay's last phone ping. Entering the bushes close to where he stumbled across the sunglasses, Chris explained how difficult it is to walk through the sharp shrubbery.

With his hands cut and scraped, he admitted that he could barely see two metres ahead of him. Dripping with sweat in the sweltering heat, he said: "You can only imagine that he's looked down at the coastline in the distance and thinks it's a lot closer than it really is. And that heading straight through the bush is the quickest route to safety."

However after coming off-road into the surrounding underbrush, Chris questions why the teen wouldn't change course and return to the path with safer walking conditions. "If Jay came off the path and went through there, like I've just done, he wouldn't leave the path again. You'd have to be mad."

I feel odd about why he would specifically place jay in the room of someone he is protecting.

With the bus, originally the reports sounded like they hired the car just to get home that night. Which seems odd to us, but lots of the car hire places are open later on in an evening. They could have got the bus on previous days. The bus ran early enough to take you back after the clubs shut at 6.00, grab some food and head home. We also discussed that someone had to be designated driver- if AQ was working that evening, he wouldn’t have been drinking. The car hire and the knowledge of the bus is niggling me now. Was the car hired for the whole weekend, or was it hired that night and if so why? Especially when there is the option of grabbing the bus a little later, or grabbing a taxi. There is also the still missing information about why they didn’t just give him a lift back to his hotel- what was the reasoning there, was it he had fell out with his friends or he was being groomed. I don’t think for a second it was to carry on partying as most of the clubs would still be open at that point and it’s easy enough to make friends with some new drinking buddies, even if it is just for the last hour or so.

I feel odd about why he would specifically place jay in the room of someone he is protecting.
I know people who lie tend to add more information than is needed. I find it interesting the areas where he added relatively irrelevant information. One example is the order they went into the house & the fact that the unnamed man went to the left.

Strange. (Btw I don’t have the answer)

"It's dark, it's extremely dangerous," he commented. "Let me be frank, it's scary up here on your own in the darkness." Chris believes that after Jay hurriedly left the holiday rental, he may have veered off down the ravine, thinking the coast was closer than it actually is.

He claims to have pinpointed the 'most sensible' places to search, including the precise geolocation of Jay's last phone ping. Entering the bushes close to where he stumbled across the sunglasses, Chris explained how difficult it is to walk through the sharp shrubbery.

With his hands cut and scraped, he admitted that he could barely see two metres ahead of him. Dripping with sweat in the sweltering heat, he said: "You can only imagine that he's looked down at the coastline in the distance and thinks it's a lot closer than it really is. And that heading straight through the bush is the quickest route to safety."

However after coming off-road into the surrounding underbrush, Chris questions why the teen wouldn't change course and return to the path with safer walking conditions. "If Jay came off the path and went through there, like I've just done, he wouldn't leave the path again. You'd have to be mad."
But it wasn’t dark- we saw the photo from earlier that morning of the view and it was daylight. Chris isn’t the only one questioning why when the path got difficult he would continue on that path!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234