MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to know that impoundment is about protecting juror identity, not about imprisoning them somehow, like an illegally parked car that has been towed, which is what my brain conjured up.

MOO
Haha, me too. I pictured them all in a jail cell together like the Seinfeld finale.

I wasn't aware jurors' names were ever made public though?

Thanks..

This bit though..

“The proceedings continue to be the daily subject of commentary on various social media platforms,” the judge added. “People associated with the case have been charged with intimidation.”

Hardly appropriate to refer to an ongoing dodgy, at best, case in this fashion or amiright?

Yeah....I don't think "Turtleboy" is who these jurors need to be afraid of....

IMO

It was speculated here during closings that the fact that BA and some other <name variation> were allowed to sit facing the jury, was not the best or most fair decision by the court.
And further speculated that it was done expressly for the purpose of intimidating the jury.

Now that the juror expressed that they (s/he and others) in fact did feel intimidated by them (at least BA) …. Wow just wow.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
It was speculated here during closings that the fact that BA and some other <name variations> were allowed to sit facing the jury, was not the best or most fair decision by the court.
And further speculated that it was done expressly for the purpose of intimidating the jury.

Now that the juror expressed that they (s/he and others) in fact did feel intimidated by them (at least BA) …. Wow just wow.

MOO

Bet Judge C. won't make that mistake again.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this one she said she seen him put his head in the side door. There is a clip on X where she says it in her own words, I couldn’t paste that one for some reason. Yet the other interview she says she seen him walking up the drive way. Is that an inconsistency hmmmm.

In the video KR said she “watched him go to the door”. She did not identify which door in this video.Also, if she watched him go to the door it makes sense that he must have been walking. I don't see anything inconsistent about those statements.

In the video KR said she “watched him go to the door”. She did not identify which door in this video.Also, if she watched him go to the door it makes sense that he must have been walking. I don't see anything inconsistent about those statements.Rry

dbm

Colin Albert " belongs to" ( son of ) Julie and Chris Albert. Chris Albert is an elected Canton Town Selectman. Chris Albert owns a pizza shop in Canton, and is the brother of Brian Albert, previous owner of 34 Fairview where JOK's body was found.
Julie Albert, Colin's Mom...offered to buy a "gift" for Michael Proctor ( Lead Investigator, now suspended without pay) shortly after the death of JOK, for " when this is all over". Testified to in court.
I think it should also be noted that if Colin Albert was lying about the time he left 34 Fairview, then that also implicates Allie McCabe (daughter of Matt & Jen McCabe) of at least making false statements to the police. The only way to protect Allie is to also protect Colin.

In the video KR said she “watched him go to the door”. She did not identify which door in this video.Also, if she watched him go to the door it makes sense that he must have been walking. I don't see anything inconsistent about those statements.
one interview she talks about him going to the "side door" and then she looked down at her phone and didn't see anything else... the other interview she talks about seeing him go to the "door" and "put his head inside" then she leaves.

not huge discrepancies, but her stories don't really make a lot of sense. she was waiting for him or not? she just left? she saw him go in? she didn't? and then she started screaming into the phone... and texting like crazy?

what IS obvious is that - unless you believe all of those other folks were lying about her morning reactions - she is lying. no person on the planet (given either of those stories she told) would believe she then thought she might've hit and kill him with her SUV or he was killed by a plow (because he didn't answer his phone)!??!!?

it doesn't make a single bit of sense.

i know people love the conspiracy plots - but none of them explain this.

* as an aside, I'm surprised these tapes weren't introduced as evidence. I'll continue to say the prosecution in this case was so, so out of his depth.

Last edited:
Colin Albert " belongs to" ( son of ) Julie and Chris Albert. Chris Albert is an elected Canton Town Selectman. Chris Albert owns a pizza shop in Canton, and is the brother of Brian Albert, previous owner of 34 Fairview where JOK's body was found.
Julie Albert, Colin's Mom...offered to buy a "gift" for Michael Proctor ( Lead Investigator, now suspended without pay) shortly after the death of JOK, for " when this is all over". Testified to in court.
How long has Proctor been suspended without pay? That's gotta hurt.

one interview she talks about him going to the "side door" and then she looked down at her phone and didn't see anything else... the other interview she talks about seeing him go to the "door" and "put his head inside" then she leaves.

not huge discrepancies, but her stories don't really make a lot of sense. she was waiting for him or not? she just left? she saw him go in? she didn't? and then she started screaming into the phone... and texting like crazy?

what IS obvious is that - unless you believe all of those other folks were lying about her morning reactions - she is lying. no person on the planet (given either of those stories she told) would believe she then thought she might've hit and kill him with her SUV or he was killed by a plow (because he didn't answer his phone)!??!!?

Like you said, "not huge discrepancies."

I watched the video that was posted and my reply only included the information that was provided in it.

Do you have a link available that shows her normal texting habits and frequencies with regard to sending texts? How else could one know whether she was texting like crazy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper