TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perp dressed that way for a disguise, of course, but also because the victim was tough. I mean, the name of the class was Gladiators. This is no "Stepping to the Oldies" class, but a hardcore workout. I think the perp dressed for the occasion - ready for combat.

We're commenting that the perp doesn't look athletic, but if the crowbar (whatever she is carrying) is the weapon, that took some strength.

I don't understand how the perp knew the instructor would be alone long enough to get the deed done. Someone in the class could've arrived early. The perp had to have known that the instructor arrives well before classtime to set up and that she's not a teacher who shows up just as class is about to begin. Sure seems like an "inside job."

jmo

I am just full of questions! How strange is it that this perp doesn't seem to be concerned that the cops weren't going to show up soon after he/she entered the building? I am assuming that the perp was aware of the cameras, so it seems that he/she knew that the church did not have a security monitoring service in place. There were cameras but no alarm system. Did the perp know that? It seems so because he/she waited at least 30 minutes before murdering Mrs. Bevers.

I thought I heard that LE there don't even use that tactical gear. It doesn't sound like many serious crimes or homicides happen there. Yikes, it's Texas, a burglar should definitely run, not kill.

It's a little too dramatic a burglary, as well too dramatic if a targeted murder. That kind of theatrical crime is only going to fire up LE more to nab this suspect. Thinking even if Terri was the target, the suspect could've killed her in a more subtle manner.

I think the perp dressed that way for a disguise, of course, but also because the victim was tough. I mean, the name of the class was Gladiators. This is no "Stepping to the Oldies" class, but a hardcore workout. I think the perp dressed for the occasion - ready for combat.

We're commenting that the perp doesn't look athletic, but if the crowbar (whatever she is carrying) is the weapon, that took some strength.

I don't understand how the perp knew the instructor would be alone long enough to get the deed done. Someone in the class could've arrived early. The perp had to have known that the instructor arrives well before classtime to set up and that she's not a teacher who shows up just as class is about to begin. Sure seems like an "inside job."

jmo

One news report said that the perp looked to be six feet tall. Also, I think the shoulders look quite broad for a woman. I am not convinced that this isn't a man. If it's a woman then I believe she is muscular, at least the upper body.

jmo

Agree. We all know the feeling of being startled and caught off guard no matter if we are awake or half asleep.

But usually its nothing. But then you have some costumed idiot with a hammer that catches you off guard.

This can cause you to freeze up longer because you are still trying to process the costumed villian with the hammer.

So I think the suspect chose that outfit for intimidation and startling purposes just to make it easier to get the first blow in or to truly scare her out of her wits where she would hesitate long enough.

She was probably still just waking up at that time of morning. So a ambush would be the last thing on her mind.

So did the daughter stay home because the dad couldn't make it back in time from the fishing trip?

Some things just are very coincidental if so.

Originally Posted by SaintGirl
Here's a link to the full press conference from yesterday. A lot of info (although today they backed off that it's definitely a man) https://www.youtube.com/embed/XNLtwTK2hq8

Halfway through the video Midlothian Police Capt John Spann comes on and answers a reporter's question concerning who discovered Terri. I listened to his answer several times and believe he answered that Terri was "actually discovered by one of the boot camp participants who got there a bit early and when a couple of the other participants arrived they went in"...

The way that's worded, I can't tell if that means one person discovered her unresponsive or a few of them together. I have wondered where the bloody police clothes got stashed. I would expect the suspect would shed the police clothing (maybe stash it in a bag) before leaving the property and getting into that white car (if it was the suspect's). Seems the police clothing and murder weapon was not left behind, in any case.

The ME has determined COD, but they are withholding that info for now. But they have indicated there was trauma to the body and we have seen on the video the suspect holding a large instrument used to pry open doors (and break glass), so my guess would be there was blood spilt and the suspect's SWAT clothing/boots would have evidence of that.

Was Terri involved in any competitions (eg. Body-building)?

Hinky meter turned itself on while watching this. http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story (This is not a new video, it was posted above.)

Looking at the tape of the SWAT perp again, s/he sure looks comfortable in the church, perhaps familiar with the place. The gait will be the giveaway.

JMO

One news report said that the perp looked to be six feet tall. Also, I think the shoulders look quite broad for a woman. I am not convinced that this isn't a man. If it's a woman then I believe she is muscular, at least the upper body.

I have a hard time seeing this perp as being 6 feet tall. The standard door height in the U.S. seems to come up as 6' 8". This person doesn't stand anywhere near 8" from the top of the door.

Halfway through the video Midlothian Police Capt John Spann comes on and answers a reporter's question concerning who discovered Terri. I listened to his answer several times and believe he answered that Terri was "actually discovered by one of the boot camp participants who got there a bit early and when a couple of the other participants arrived they went in"...

The way that's worded, I can't tell if that means one person discovered her unresponsive or a few of them together. I have wondered where the bloody police clothes got stashed. I would expect the suspect would shed the police clothing (maybe stash it in a bag) before leaving the property and getting into that white car (if it was the suspect's). Seems the police clothing and murder weapon was not left behind, in any case.

The ME has determined COD, but they are withholding that info for now. But they have indicated there was trauma to the body and we have seen on the video the suspect holding a large instrument used to pry open doors (and break glass), so my guess would be there was blood spilt and the suspect's SWAT clothing/boots would have evidence of that.

Was Terri involved in any competitions (eg. Body-building)?

Someone showed up early but waited for others before heading inside? I wonder why - did something seem amiss?

The husband said the perp is 6 feet tall, which I thought was an interesting detail.

Jmo.

So the perp was about 30 minutes early. She obviously had a key to get inside the church. She probably told hubby or somebody what time she would be heading out that morning.

This is definitely weird. I wish she had a partner when setting up at 4am.

Photos show a door with a door with a broken window and the door knob removed. It looks like a breaking and entering. No keys needed.

No way. Texas building code (non-residential) has 7'0" interior doors (84"). The suspect in the video only comes up to about 3/4 of the height of the interior doors of that church. 84 - 21 = 63" (or 5'3" tall).

image.jpg

I don't think this person needed to be particularly athletic to kill someone with a crowbar (or whatever that is in the photo); he/she had the advantage with the gear and a weapon, and even a fit woman is at a disadvantage fighting in that sort of situation. There was reportedly a lot of damage, and broken glass near the body, so I'm sure she put up a fight.

If their was an accomplice; They may have waited in the car and text the perp when her car was pulling up. They probably knew which direction she would be driving.

prolly not an accomplice but if this is a woman which I suspect it is, well women talk, they have best buddies, someone will rat her out if she doesnt rat herself out. My guess is jealousy perhaps over the killer's hubby or boyfriend. Just a guess ofcourse but I lived in that town for 33 years LOL Peyton Place in Texas. So sorry for the victim and her family, I hope they catch her, I feel like it will only be a matter of time.

Oh, did I hear she wandered around in the church for 30 minutes before the crime? That would mean she felt safe that there were no alarms and not taking anything means the real reason she was there was solely for the victim. Wonder if that costume belongs to her hubby ?

:rose: RIP Terri Missy Bevers :rose:

Mourners gathered Tuesday for a vigil in memory of 45-year-old Missy Bevers, who was found slain in a Midlothian church Monday morning. (Published 2 hours ago)

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

"I want to thank everybody for coming here. I know you only represent just a fraction of, a small fraction of all the people that Missy's life touched and I appreciate all of you all coming out here. Thank you very much," husband Brandon Bevers said.

Missy Bevers' fitness students and fellow instructors were among those in attendance at Tuesday's vigil.

"Whenever I see these shirts, whenever I see 'Gladiator Camp' whatever it is, I'll know that Missy is there with me, and I'm very proud of you guys," Brandon Bevers said.

I totally noticed the boots are too big and they are walking funny. Looks like the boots swing out.
So weird.

Or maybe the wife of a man she was interested in. It goes both ways. Just considering all angles, nothing more.

Agree. This was personal and the person seemed so casually vengeful that it appears like they have been mulling on giving payback for a while.

Now if hubby hired a female. Then that female would probably be more figity and antsy.

But this perp seems to be more personally jilted by whatever. They also seem very mentally unhinged just by the calmness while waiting.

I need a little filling in.

This person in gear shows up at the church. Didn't they worry about being found by someone unexpectedly and having to answer what's up and show their police badge? Isn't it strange for only one officer to show up in that kind of SWAT outfit? How did they get in, I don't know if they broke in, but then why didn't a security system go off?

I think who ever that is wore the swat outfit because they new there were cameras and only she would be there. So freaking creepy.

Sorry to be a bother....what's the link to the interview?

Agree. We all know the feeling of being startled and caught off guard no matter if we are awake or half asleep.

But usually its nothing. But then you have some costumed idiot with a hammer that catches you off guard.

This can cause you to freeze up longer because you are still trying to process the costumed villian with the hammer.

So I think the suspect chose that outfit for intimidation and startling purposes just to make it easier to get the first blow in or to truly scare her out of her wits where she would hesitate long enough.

She was probably still just waking up at that time of morning. So a ambush would be the last thing on her mind.

Speaking of waking up... Seems odd to call your wife at 9:30pm if you knew she had to be up so early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cshh74