TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the suspect cased the place! It's weird how the murder was on the ONE night she was teaching inside. It looked like normally she set up the workout stations in the parking lot. Why not wait until another day, say Tuesday or Thursday morning, when class was in the parking lot and thus less light and cameras?

Paraphrasing her FB, she says class will be at the church outside at 5am, under the awning in case of rain. Maybe they moved inside.

Sorry, but I'm missed where her body was found. Inside the church, or outside? tia.

The suspect seemed to know all kinds of details. I'm convinced LE has good leads now and we'll see an arrest soon if there's evidence to support it. This is a real devious type suspect, huh.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/19/texas-o...olice-lookalike-who-killed-woman-in-a-church/

The family of Terri “Missy” Bevers say she showed up at the church at 5 a.m. Monday to lead a workout session she posted about online.

Family members say her 13-year-old daughter sometimes went with her to help during her fitness classes. They are relieved that, in this case, she did not go with her mother.

Paraphrasing her FB, she says class will be at the church outside at 5am, under the awning in case of rain. Maybe they moved inside.

Sorry, but I'm missed where her body was found. Inside the church, or outside? tia.

Body was found inside the church. But that's a good question. How did she get into the church? Do they give these fitness coaches keys?

This person definitely frequents that church and is unstable. My job has plenty of cameras. But I wouldn't know which ones currently wasn't working due to an off motion sensor.

I think the police have more video but are keeping things under the vest.

They need to have neighbors check every garbage can and dumpster. Jmo

Body was found inside the church. But that's a good question. How did she get into the church? Do they give these fitness coaches keys?

Geez, maybe it was a random act. Terri sees an open door or lights on and goes in to see about it. Nah, I think this was intentional.

Thanks for pointing that out. I doubt she had a key.

They moved it inside. It had been pouring rain.

I need a little filling in.

This person in gear shows up at the church. Didn't they worry about being found by someone unexpectedly and having to answer what's up and show their police badge? Isn't it strange for only one officer to show up in that kind of SWAT outfit? How did they get in, I don't know if they broke in, but then why didn't a security system go off?

This person in gear shows up at the church. Didn't they worry about being found by someone unexpectedly and having to answer what's up and show their police badge? Isn't it strange for only one officer to show up in that kind of SWAT outfit? How did they get in, I don't know if they broke in, but then why didn't a security system go off?

There was no security system. And I think the get up was just to cover there face and if confronted and you see police on a jacket your less likely to run.

The suspect broke in. I don’t think he was worried about having to show a police badge.

The suspect broke in. I don’t think he was worried about having to show a police badge.

They must have broken in from a side window or door. Because I'm sure she would have called the cops upon entry of seeing broken glass or something.

cryptic wrote:
Based on your experiences with your husband's gear, can you tell if the perpetrator's SWAT gear looks "real" meaning represents a set with the right components, or does it look like somebody just ordered a mix of items from the SWAT section of a police catalog?

The video is too blurry to tell much detail. Different PD's have variations, some wear fatigues with the vest and badges over it. I've seen them in jeans and a tshirt with the body armor over it. All of that stuff can be ordered online, by anyone.

Yes, but what if the suspect ran into a janitorial crew or what if the daughter accompanied her mother that day...would the suspect be willing to kill someone else?

I think it's incredibly odd to see just one SWAT person checking out a possible burglary. I just wonder what would happen if they ran into someone in charge at the church who asked questions. The suspect's voice might have even been recognized. Suspect didn't even move like they were a real officer. Were they prepared to run or kill more if their plan got interrupted?

This person definitely frequents that church and is unstable. My job has plenty of cameras. But I wouldn't know which ones currently wasn't working due to an off motion sensor.

I think the police have more video but are keeping things under the vest.

They need to have neighbors check every garbage can and dumpster. Jmo

Dexter,What are you thinking could be in the garbage?The swat gear?It would have her DNA all over it.

Such a sad case. The Theresa Sievers case comes to mind.

IMHO

In response to: PoirotryInMotion

"For: On the next to last video on this link, the suspect (to me) walks like a (possibly flat-footed) woman - and the right foot noticeably points outward. Suspect casually opens bottom, then top of Dutch door (why in that order?) and steps only across the threshold to peer in for a few seconds. If anything, this appears to be someone searching for a person, not items to steal. But really...it smacks more of someone just making a show of lightly snooping around. A serious burglar would be so, so much faster and quite focused - in and out, not this kind of aimless wandering. Additionally, a burglar would be putting things in a garbage bag, box, or duffle bag - or piling things up quickly at an exit.

This does not in any way look like a robbery to me. More like someone killing time until their real target arrives. :-/"
--------------------------------

Totally agree with you. Most burglary suspects usually run through a place at a very fast pace. This person did not seem worried at all about time being of the essence etc..

How did the perp know that Mrs. Bevers would be coming inside? Her FB posts seemed to say that they would be working out outside under the awning even if it rained. I need to read more of the media reports, but one of my first thoughts is that this person may have intended to ambush a small group rather that just Mrs. Bevers. Something about how he/she seems to be waiting... made me wonder if perp. thought he/she would come out of the church building while they were working out. That scenario only works if a gun was involved, I think.

LE must have more tape that they aren't sharing. I bet they even have the actual attack recorded.

No one would break into a church to steal anything without finding the church secretary or pastor's office in hopes that the Sunday morning or evening collection was still in the building.

How did the perp know that Mrs. Bevers would be coming inside? Her FB posts seemed to say that they would be working out outside under the awning even if it rained. I need to read more of the media reports, but one of my first thoughts is that this person may have intended to ambush a small group rather that just Mrs. Bevers. Something about how he/she seems to be waiting... made me wonder if perp. thought he/she would come out of the church building while they were working out. That scenario only works if a gun was involved, I think.

LE must have more tape that they aren't sharing. I bet they even have the actual attack recorded.

No one would break into a church to steal anything without finding the church secretary or pastor's office in hopes that the Sunday morning or evening collection was still in the building.
I agree that they probably have lots more video! I also think they have their sights on someone/s and they are slowly applying pressure to see how he/she/they react.

Dexter,What are you thinking could be in the garbage?The swat gear?It would have her DNA all over it.

Yes. I think the perp would dump the gear on the morning of trash pick up or something.

I also think that I will get a time out if I speculate on motives and alibis. So I guess we tread lightly for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creole Lady