Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I began dating my now-husband soon after he gained custody of his son, aged 6.
I moved in eventually and was the girlfriend for about 10 years, before I eventually convinced him to marry me. (Not really the exact sequence of events, but we joke about it.)
Anyway, I was the one that took him to school, picked him up, signed reading logs, cheered him on at wrestling tournaments, took away his cell phone/grounded him when he messed up, helped him through girl issues, etc. Everything his mother wasn't there to do because she moved out of state. My husband's job didn't always afford him the ability to do everything. When my husband finally gave in to my pressure to marry me (lol), this kid actually was the minister of our ceremony. (We had an actual ordained minister sign off.)
Anyway, this case has been hard for me personally because I always joked that I was the "step-monster" and now I realize how much I detest E.G...
She is a HORRIBLE example of what can happen with live-in GF.
My step-son never lost contact with his mother. There was even a time when she flew in to see him and had trouble with her rental car reservation when she arrived at the airport. I/We rented a car for her so she could still come and see him.

I'm not asking for accolades. I'm just completely floored that a person that is in charge of another woman's child could possibly act the way I've read that E.G. has behaved.

If you love a man with a child, you accept their whole life.

This case hurts me. Why/How could a female have so much evil in her heart to hurt the flesh and blood of the man she's in love with?

Sorry for such a long post that might appear to be about ME. That's not my point.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I understand your sentiments completely. I am I'm a relationship with a man with a now 4 year old. Mom is present, and an amazing mother. But early on, he would tell me how he wouldn't think twice about leaving me alone with his child. I said *I* wasn't comfortable with it. Stories of horrible step"things" (I refuse to give them the title of parent) make honest people like me worried. What if an accident happens and it's questionable? I would never want either parent to think I harmed their child intentionally. I did not have any alone time with the child until BOTH parents felt comfortable. Today, I love this child like my own, and would do anything for her, giving my life included, and hate people like EG even get involved in the lives of people with previous children.

I don't believe there is an active search anymore. I understand that LE is still investigating but by "search" I now believe it's being done at desks and not out in the field. Without new tips and leads there really isn't any other place to search right now anyway.

If Glass knows where Lucas is - and I strongly believe she does - then I can only hope she decides to do the right thing and reveal the location. Or at least decide it's in her best interest to spill the beans before LE finds him.

This is *horrible* but true - she's already doing what is in her best interest by keeping her mouth shut. She has nothing to gain at this point. It's already clear she's not a decent human being with a shred of compassion, so she's not going to tell where he is just to stop the agony of his family.

On Facebook, in one of the groups Emily's father did an AMA. He did offer some interesting details regarding his daughter and the situation. He also confirmed some speculation. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post the info here, however. So I will refrain.

This case is so heartbreaking. I really hope that if EG is responsible she has a change of heart and tells LE where Lucas is located.

On Facebook, in one of the groups Emily's father did an AMA. He did offer some interesting details regarding his daughter and the situation. He also confirmed some speculation. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post the info here, however. So I will refrain.

This case is so heartbreaking. I really hope that if EG is responsible she has a change of heart and tells LE where Lucas is located.

I was just reading through all of that and honestly surprised he said all he did. I didn’t have a good feeling and now my stomach is in my throat. I’m here in Wichita and it’s everywhere. So incredibly sad. Prayers go out to Lucas and the family. I honestly can’t imagine. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I ve been only a reader of this forum (so far), Mariah Woods brought me here, but this little boy broke my heart. Im a mother of 2 boys, 2 & 5 year old and I just cant image something like this happening.
Im praying for this little guy still be alive :please:

Where do you think LE will search next? Hopefully tips and leads continue to come in but the lack of updates makes me feel like the search has hit a wall and finding Lucas now depends on those close to him telling what they know.

What I was thinking after I signed off last night was this...

There was some confusion over what was said about the search for Lucas at the home when it said the sniffer dogs couldn't find a trail and they couldn't find him in the home. I think it was bad reporting grammar and they meant that the dogs couldn't find a trail and the officers doing an eyeball search, checking under beds, cupboards, etc couldn't find Lucas in the home or garden.

Then, I think the day before yesterday someone said that LE had gone back to the current address to do checks there? I kind of suspect that the return to that address was the full forensic and cadaver dog search. As far as I know sniffer dogs don't go into the home to check for a person's scent, something is brought out of the home for the dog to sniff and the dog starts at the last known location for the person, not inside the home but outside the front door or wherever they were last seen.

At the point of the return to the address, that roughly coincides with the arrest of EG, though I don't know if it was before or after (maybe they needed the arrest to get the warrant for the full forensics/cadaver dog check?) the LE activity seems to have changed focus. I fear they might actually have found something concerning in the home, in the car, at the old address (if they were going back and forth during the move)? It could be the weather that has caused no reports of LE outside activity recently, but it could also have changed for this reason if they're trying to switch to an intelligence-led investigation based on tips, talking to people, and what they found during those higher-level forensic searches.

The parks searching didn't seem like it was ping based or anything like a trail or sighting because they went from one park to another, and then to a third in a totally different area of town. Maybe someone overhearing that she went to the park could have caused those searches, or the FBI team might have suggested to start in those places, but I see it more like in the Mariah searches where LE were focused on bridges over creeks and small ponds for nearly a week before they hit on the right creek.

If it's something like EG claims to LE that on Saturday morning she took the kids to the park, maybe they'd check the parks, but then why would Lucas' shoes be at home? If he only has the green shoes that fit him at the moment, then something must have happened in the home (if EG is responsible) because he was only in socks and not in shoes.

I've also been trying to consider that if something happened in the home there might have been a re-dressing (a pm re-dressing).. Or that Lucas might not have been wearing those clothes when he went missing and they're a part of the alibi and have simply been thrown into a dumpster? But if the latter was the case, why the socks and not the shoes? This is partly why I want to know if it was common for Lucas to wear socks inside the home? There's one picture of him in the house that I saw with his feet showing and he had bare feet, so when does Lucas wear socks but not shoes? Did something happen while he was getting ready for bed and he wears socks to bed? Did something happen when they were getting ready to go out and he had his socks on but not his shoes? If EG wanted things to appear that Lucas had wandered off, why didn't she put the shoes on or throw them in a dumpster, why leave them in the home yet say Lucas was wearing socks?

I don't have any potential answers to these questions, but they stand out to me, and I wonder if anyone else here might be able to work with them and come up with some ideas?

I don't believe there is an active search anymore. I understand that LE is still investigating but by "search" I now believe it's being done at desks and not out in the field. Without new tips and leads there really isn't any other place to search right now anyway.

If Glass knows where Lucas is - and I strongly believe she does - then I can only hope she decides to do the right thing and reveal the location. Or at least decide it's in her best interest to spill the beans before LE finds him.

It is really hard to type this, but I think the reason they are not searching right now is because they know he was likely placed in a dumpster before he was even reported missing. JMO

Where do you think LE will search next? Hopefully tips and leads continue to come in but the lack of updates makes me feel like the search has hit a wall and finding Lucas now depends on those close to him telling what they know.

If they haven't already, I think once the nasty weather clears up they will probably conduct more thorough ground searches to make sure they looked in every nook and crannie. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about water searches, esp in the Nature Center. I did read in the previous thread that police searched the previous home, how thoroughly they searched it I dunno, I would imagine they would have been limited on how much they could do if new tenets have already moved on but again, I don't know if anyone is occupying the old apt yet. Concurrent with that I suspect they'll be doing a lot of intelligence gathering, now that EG has been arrested they can get proper warrants to get data from her phone provider and of course, lets not forget the FBI's BAU agents who are part of the CARD team, I'm sure they've already worked up an interrogation protocol to try and get EG to spill the beans or at least I hope they have, I'm not familiar with BAU procedures.

It is really hard to type this, but I think the reason they are not searching right now is because they know he was likely placed in a dumpster before he was even reported missing. JMO

What makes you think she put him in a dumpster?

I can't understand why child endangerment is a misdemeanor in any state. Seems it should at least be a felony when it's a very young child--like a one-year-old.

Misdemeanor implies it is not serious. Sorry, but conduct that endangers any child is serious and lawmakers need to start seeing it that way.

I think there is 'felony child endangerment' and misdemeanor child endangerment, depending upon the seriousness of the circumstances.

ETA:

People convicted of a misdemeanor child endangerment charge typically face up to one year in jail. Felony convictions are much more serious, and anyone convicted of felony child endangerment faces 1 to 10 years in prison, or more. Probation.

If the circumstances of the child endangerment charges involve a risk of great bodily harm or death for the child...then the offense of child endangerment is a
wobbler. This means it may be charged as either a misdemeanor or a
felony.3

Misdemeanor child endangerment penalties include up to one (1) year in county jail. For felony child endangerment, penalties include two (2), four (4), or six (6) years in California state prison.4

But if there was no risk of great bodily harm or death to the child, then child endangerment in California will be a misdemeanor.5

2. Penalties for Penal Code 273a PC Child Endangerment

2.1. Where there is no risk of "great bodily harm" or death (misdemeanor penalties)

2.2. Where there is a risk of "great bodily harm" or death (felony penalties)

What makes you think she put him in a dumpster?

A few reasons lean me in that direction.

One, it is a lazy, quick way to dispose of a small body. This suspect seems to be a lazy, impulsive, sloppy type of person.

Two, she doesn't care about him enough to wrap him in a blanket and dig him a grave. A dumpster will do the trick as far as she is concerned.

Three, She has a one yr old, and no help. So she couldn't easily do any long, involved procedures.

Four, and maybe most important----she was in the process of throwing out a lot of things, which we all do when we move from one home to another. How many trips do you make to the dumpster when you move out of an apartment and are packing up your vehicle?

She would have so many places she could try and hide a small body and dispose of it. No one would notice if she took one more box of trash to the big dumpster, as she packed up her car.

And five---we have seen it way too many times here. So many 'missing' loved ones that had been thrown into dumpsters---so tragic and sickening. :rose:

Anyone listen to crime stories with Nancy Grace podcast?

She just uploaded a new podcast on Lucas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello,

I ve been only a reader of this forum (so far), Mariah Woods brought me here, but this little boy broke my heart. Im a mother of 2 boys, 2 & 5 year old and I just cant image something like this happening.
Im praying for this little guy still be alive :please:

:welcome:

Good morning guys! Hoping we get some answers toady about little Lucas. I understand what some of you of you are saying about this case tugging at your heartstrings differently than other cases have. It's the same way for me. I have stated before I have a 5 year old nephew as well as an almost 3 month old nephew and i can't imagine something like this happening to either one of them.

I wonder if it is because it hasn't been verified.
I missed most of the end of thread #3 as I was out and about today. Do we know what day the dad left the area for work yet?
I 've not found anything...

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

A few reasons lean me in that direction.

One, it is a lazy, quick way to dispose of a small body. This suspect seems to be a lazy, impulsive, sloppy type of person.

Two, she doesn't care about him enough to wrap him in a blanket and dig him a grave. A dumpster will do the trick as far as she is concerned.

Three, She has a one yr old, and no help. So she couldn't easily do any long, involved procedures.

Four, and maybe most important----she was in the process of throwing out a lot of things, which we all do when we move from one home to another. How many trips do you make to the dumpster when you move out of an apartment and are packing up your vehicle?

She would have so many places she could try and hide a small body and dispose of it. No one would notice if she took one more box of trash to the big dumpster, as she packed up her car.

And five---we have seen it way too many times here. So many 'missing' loved ones that had been thrown into dumpsters---so tragic and sickening. :rose:

If placed in the dumpster, say at the apartment complex, she could have done it the night before the “pickup”. There would be little smell if any especially if it was on one of the freezing cold,day/nights we have had here in Wichita lately. Dumpster is a good idea. The dump site could be searched as trucks are told where to dump their loads each time they check in. Depending on records, the depth to dig, location of dump would give LE a good start. I have not heard of any dump searches being done, but they could be doing it without media knowledge.

Anyone in the area know if the dump site can be seen from any public street?

Don't know if this is has been said before and I sure hope that LE has already checked it because it would be right under their noses but in MSM it was said a neighbor saw EG on her knees with the 1 year old doing something in the flower bed. I wonder if they have checked this because I hate to be morbid but what if he was buried there? Here is what it said about it:

A neighbor, Leigh Burgess, said that another neighbor came to her Saturday evening, saying that the woman who lives in between them was upset because her child was missing. He was helping her to search. Not long afterward, police arrived. They focused on the back yard of the home where Lucas lives. Police also searched her yard, Burgess said.

Two days earlier, on Thursday morning, Burgess saw her new neighbors across the street. A woman and a small child were on their knees, busily clearing out a flower bed. Burgess thought the child looked younger than 5 – Lucas’ age – and thought the child might be a girl. They were gone from the yard before Burgess could introduce herself.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200986659.html

Hope today is the day that Lucas is found!

Haven't been commenting because I cant keep up, but y'all rock in so many ways (in case no one has told you that today). [emoji171]

Where are you, sweet boy?

[emoji92] Justice for Lucas [emoji92]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members