04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
asking for heat of passion to be included in jury instructions

Remember, she killed him three times. Heart (vena cava) *sp. Head (bullet) throat (need I say more?)

So thats three heat of passions, right?

Me thinks I need to go back to bed :facepalm:

Defense asks for surrebuttal case also to include manslaughter second degree heat of passion in jury instructions. Unfrickin' surreal. :furious:

:floorlaugh:

Can someone translate this to moron please?

It means that after Juan presents his rebuttal case, the defense wants to get up there AGAIN and take another two months to whine and stomp thier feet and make up lies. We may even get to see our dear Jodi up there explaining that she DID return the gas can, but did not take it to customer service, that she met the greeter at the door and he had on a blue Wal mart apron and he noticed her new manicure and he liked the color of the nail polish and then they fell to talking and discovered that he liked the Movie The Secret too and then he noticed she had a gas can and he asked her what she was doing with it and she said she was returning it and by this time they had walked outside and there were cracks in the sidewalk right there and just as he was asking for her phone number she realized she left the reciept in the car and he said he could use a gas can but he did not have any money on him but he did have a couple of Starbucks coupons but he had to go to his car to get them and he was driving a car with a tire on it that looked like............well, YOU GET MY DRIFT. Shoot us now, PLEASE.

K...proposed surr witness is dr robt geffner to rebut demarte on bpd

Oh really? How many surrebuttals does the DT get anyway?

Their first 2 "experts" were obliterated by JM, so now they get to bring in another? WTH

Verdict at Christmas!

Defense now asking to add manslaughter heat of passion for the jury to consider...never ends

Is this true? And how could it be heat of passion when she premeditated the murder of TA?

This further cements my belief that they believe they have one juror in their camp, based on the juror questions, who believes Jodi.

Looks like sur-rebuttal is on if the DT has their way. Hope JSS denies the motion.

4/22/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/22/2013
4/22/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 4/22/2013
NOTE: REQUEST FOR SURREBUTTAL TESTIMONY AND NOTICE OF SURREBUTTAL WITNESS
4/21/2013 RJI - Request for Jury Instructions - Party (001) 4/22/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REQUESTED JURY INSTRUCTIONS

:furious: OMG . . . Nooooooooo ! We'll be here til Christmas !

:furious: I hope the Judge tells them no way !

:moo:

What I am most surprised about is that the defense was able to come up with another Dr. who is willing to stake his entire career on Jodi! Obviously this Dr. hasn't been paying attention to this case.

But if her mental state isn't in question - I mean, they haven't tried for insanity - why does ANY of that matter???

They are NUTS if they think "crime of passion" fits her testimony! I mean, TRAVIS was the one enraged, not JODI...according to her anyway.

How does that fit a crime of passion? The ONLY thing her testimony fits is self defense. Since of course, she TOLD US she made stuff up to fit the evidence!

I mean, this seems pretty clear to me. Are the lawyers really THAT stupid?

Defense now asking to add manslaughter heat of passion for the jury to consider...never ends

Is this true? And how could it be heat of passion when she premeditated the murder of TA?

it may be just me but i think they have put their big feet in their mouths with this,she says it was self defense because she was in fear for her life,so how can that be an in the heat of the moment crime of passion?

of course i don't believe the self defense but it just doesn't look legit to me.

they know the jig is up and the jury are going for first degree premeditated murder so they are grasping at straws sticking everything in to it

Robert Geffner, Ph.D. ABPP, ABPN
Founding President
Robert Geffner, Ph.D., is: Founding President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; Founding President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT); Clinical Research Professor of Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, AIU, San Diego; Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California and Texas; Editor of three internationally disseminated journals and Co-Editor of one; and former clinical director of a large private practice mental health clinic in East Texas for over 15 years. He has a Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology and one in Family Psychology. He served as an adjunct faculty member for the National Judicial College for 10 years, and was a former Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Tyler for 16 years. Dr. Geffner is the President of the Trauma Psychology Division of the American Psychological Association. He has been a researcher, trainer, practitioner, and consultant for more than 30 years.

Publications include treatment manuals (e.g., Treatment of Women Arrested for Domestic Violence, 2002; Ending Spouse/Partner Abuse, 2000), co-edited books concerning family violence and child maltreatment (e.g., Children Exposed to Violence, 2008; Identifying & Treating Youth Who Sexually Offend, 2005; Identifying & Treating Sex Offenders, 2004; Effects of Intimate Partner Violence on Children, 2003; Domestic Violence Offenders, 2002; Bullying Behavior, 2001; The Cost of Child Maltreatment, 2001; and Children Exposed to Domestic Violence, 2000), and numerous book c
hapters, journal articles and research papers concerning family violence, trauma, sexual assault, child abuse, family and child psychology, custody issues, forensic psychology, neuropsychology, and diagnostic assessment. He has also served on several national and state committees
dealing with various aspects of family psychology, family violence, child abuse, and family law. He has presented over 450 keynote addresses, plenaries, workshops, and seminars at international, national, regional, and state conferences or meetings.

http://www.fvsai.org/aboutus.htm

Jodi Ann Arias is NOT a victim of domestic violence. Period. I resent the testimony of ALV and this guy should not be allowed.

This is infuriating. It's obvious what's going on, the defense sees things aren't going their way so are now trying to regroup with this "surrebuttal". I've never even heard of such a thing and can't believe it's happening, all because this DT didn't have their s*** together in the beginning and obviously didn't know what they were doing. They really are trying to wear down and outlive the jury, imo. I cannot see how this would be allowed at this stage of the game. :banghead:

Robert Geffner, Ph.D. ABPP, ABPN
Founding President
Robert Geffner, Ph.D., is: Founding President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; Founding President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT); Clinical Research Professor of Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, AIU, San Diego; Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California and Texas; Editor of three internationally disseminated journals and Co-Editor of one; and former clinical director of a large private practice mental health clinic in East Texas for over 15 years. He has a Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology and one in Family Psychology. He served as an adjunct faculty member for the National Judicial College for 10 years, and was a former Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Tyler for 16 years. Dr. Geffner is the President of the Trauma Psychology Division of the American Psychological Association. He has been a researcher, trainer, practitioner, and consultant for more than 30 years.

Publications include treatment manuals (e.g., Treatment of Women Arrested for Domestic Violence, 2002; Ending Spouse/Partner Abuse, 2000), co-edited books concerning family violence and child maltreatment (e.g., Children Exposed to Violence, 2008; Identifying & Treating Youth Who Sexually Offend, 2005; Identifying & Treating Sex Offenders, 2004; Effects of Intimate Partner Violence on Children, 2003; Domestic Violence Offenders, 2002; Bullying Behavior, 2001; The Cost of Child Maltreatment, 2001; and Children Exposed to Domestic Violence, 2000), and numerous book c
hapters, journal articles and research papers concerning family violence, trauma, sexual assault, child abuse, family and child psychology, custody issues, forensic psychology, neuropsychology, and diagnostic assessment. He has also served on several national and state committees
dealing with various aspects of family psychology, family violence, child abuse, and family law. He has presented over 450 keynote addresses, plenaries, workshops, and seminars at international, national, regional, and state conferences or meetings.

http://www.fvsai.org/aboutus.htm

I don't understand, is this the DT's surrebuttal?

The AZ atty Monica on HLN thinks its unlikely judge will grant request for sur rebuttal for defense

Did they show the video with Jodi's head in Travis' lap while he was talking to some people at a convention? HLN showed a long video with Travis sitting on a couch, discussing an armed robbery, and how he had or would react to such a situation. Jodi, with bleached blonde hair, was lying with her head in his lap, trying to look like she was asleep much of the time.

TH's were saying that showing this tape to the jury would be an excellent way to prove that JA was lying about being Travis' "dirty little secret."
The jury hasn't seen that tape yet, but it could be coming in the rebuttal. Hollie and Jacob Mefford recorded the video of Travis recounting the near-death/armed robbery story and Jodi hanging all over him with her head on his lap (and otherwise appearing to be totally bored with his story). The Meffords are on the prosecution's witness list.

Due to this trial we can all declare ourselves as experts in Penisology and testify as expert witnesses in upcoming trials. yay...........

Well...seeing that there are mostly females on here...I believe we do have some expertise in the matter...:blushing:

So they don't want the jury to think she has borderline personality disorder?
They may want to rethink this in punishment phase...

Defense also asked for heat of passion/sudden quarrel instruction per hln

Why are they even bringing up any psychological, mental conditions? Isn't that all to be done during mitigation after she is found guilty?

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 4m
#JodiArias wants the jury to have the option of "Manslaughter by Sudden Quarrel or Heat of Passion" ...papers just filed

All the autopsy photos are horrific. The one's that bother me most are the defensive wounds and the back wounds. Poor Travis. He was trying to ward her off and (likely) crawling away from her. Evil. Beyond evil.

Someone kick me off this sofa and tell me to go do my errands and bill paying NOW. I have a lot to do today so i can have time to watch things tomorrow and wednesday. I am procrastinating. :blush:

Why fight it? Give in to the dark side. Think of the limitless power that shall be yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member