100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court reporter Mike can type 300 words per minute! I didn't know that was even humanly possible!

They use some kind of mysteriuos phoenetic code, I believe the keys on the machine represent sounds, not individual letters.

The questions will be about her inconsistencies, asking her to clarify them to which she'll expound on her lies and make up new ones. The amount of questions indicate that at least some on the jury are seriously considering her claim of self-defense and they need some loose ends tied up before voting to acquit. It's not good at all.

I just don't see it that way at all. I have some questions for her and I think she's guilty as the day is long. Like, "if you were in a fog, how did you know he was dead? Why did you immediately begin covering your tracks?" They could be questions of disbelief.

If there is one thing I have learned from this trial, it is that time zones are the most confusing thing to figure out EVER.

Right? Why is that? I sit here for at least 10 minutes trying to decipher my time zone. :floorlaugh:

Does anyone know if the number of questions asked is within the realm of "normal" for a DP case where the accused testifies?

HLN is worth watching today! Maybe they've already got enough complaints about their new unimproved format?

Juror Question: Miss Arias, will you please demonstrate your ambidexterity by writing a paragraph using your right hand?

Might make that lovely penmanship from the January 24th journal entry a little suspicious.

I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't this be considered like new evidence or not allowed bc it's not already in evidence? Any thoughts?

Her journals are in evidence and so is her testimony about the day of the alleged attack on her finger. I don't think asking for a demonstration of writing with her right hand would be considered new - more like testing what's already in evidence?

Was she ever offered LWOP?

This trial is ridiculous.

However, because of all of the titillating sex, it is keeping people glued to this trial.

There are a lot of people making money off of this including a lot of advertisers.

If this had been someone who killed her BF, the interest would be gone. But because of all of the sex, it has really grabbed on audience.

I listened in spite of the sex...and turned it off because of it on Monday.

I just don't see it that way at all. I have some questions for her and I think she's guilty as the day is long. Like, "if you were in a fog, how did you know he was dead? Why did you immediately begin covering your tracks?" They could be questions of disbelief.

I believe she is guilty of premeditated murder, but there are still a bunch of questions that I would ask if I had the opportunity.

Note sure why you quoted my post, as I agree with you. I believe that he was shot last, he was bleeding when shot...

Why bring the gun as well? Added insurance that what she went there to do (YES, I beleive she premeditated this) would be done and Travis would never look, love or touch another person..... ever

BBM

I think she thought the cops would think it was two intruders. JMO

Honestly I dont know where you are pulling that from.:waitasec:

Out of all these questions the state only wanted 4 questions excluded and its Nurmi that is wanting countless others excluded.

This is very good for the state.

In the Wendi Andriano death penalty case prosecuted by Juan Martinez that jury also asked multiple questions.............they found her guilty and gave her death.

IMO

Did they ask Wendy questions?

Was she ever offered LWOP?

This trial is ridiculous.

However, because of all of the titillating sex, it is keeping people glued to this trial.

There are a lot of people making money off of this including a lot of advertisers.

If this had been someone who killed her BF, the interest would be gone. But because of all of the sex, it has really grabbed on audience.

The only plea deal JA would consider was 2nd degee murder which would allow her time off for good behavior and no LWOP, if I remember correctly.

March 6, 2013

Jury questions for Jodi Arias

Lots of empty seats in the gallery

Both sides stating their objections, questions are not read but referred to by number. We'll hear the questions later.

#60, Nurmi objects, sustained
#75, Nurmi objects, sustained, not an applicable question
#90, Nurmi objects, sustained
No further objections
Nurmi, #50, as to the relevance, Martinez believes the question to be relevant, has to do with financial issues and a surgical procedure. sustained on relevance
Nurmi #55, sounds like there is two parts, re: part 2...Nurmi asks to approach. Sidebar. Overruled. Court will ask both questions.
Nurmi #61, foundation, question isn't specific enough. Overruled. Judge: You can inquire about more foundation when you do followup. It's clear to me that the reference is to the 2008 trip. Approach. Sidebar. Overruled.
Nurmi #89, <my feed stalled, didn't catch Nurmi's comments> Martinez, feels it is appropriate given the evidence that was introduced. Sustained for relevance.
Nurmi #62, answer delves into attorney/client priveledged information, approach. Sidebar.
Nurmi #69, four questions, approach, sidebar. Fourth question, overruled.
Nurmi #97, sidebar, objection is overruled.
Nurmi #74, objectional part is part 2 of the question. Long sidebar. Overruled. Lawyers remain at the bench...more discussion.
Lawyers remain at the bench and the only audio is when the judge decides if the question will be heard or not.
Nurmi #111, overruled
Nurmi #109, second question, sustained
Missed what the question number was as the audio was cutting in and out as they remained at a sidebar.
Nurmi #62...judge will meet with counsel.
Done.
Judge says she will meet with defence counsel in chambers.

:bump:

Only like 10 more questions were objected to so far. They could have all come from the same juror who is leaning toward guilt. He or she might not even become a final juror.

I take it as the jury understands the states position but doesn't understand the defenses. If you don't understand, it's harder to relate to a position. In any case, we'll soon know. 30 minutes will go by fast!

They are playing the tape on HLN, the one that surfaced on Dr. Drew last night. It is chilling to listen to Travis' voice as he describes an incident which happened to him in the past. It almost foreshadows what would ultimately happen to him.

On another not about the tape, I could swear that that is Dan Freeman sitting on the sofa next to Jodi, who has her head in Travis lap. Dan just cannot seem to take his eyes off our little miss on the tape. Hmmmmm.

Posts 787 and 931. These were from the defense. There were four from the prosecution, but I think both sides were in agreement for three of them being thrown out.

thank you

Warning I just drank a 24 oz fresh juice blend called My Bloody Valentind- things might get crazy

Just walked in behind barb and poquito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member