100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I guess I somehow missed the question you wanted answered.

I would love to see a business record from Walmart showing that there were no returns of gas cans that day. That would probably be enough, but just for good measure I'd also like to see a record that Jodi made three gas purchases with her credit card at that gas station in SLC.

From her bank statement:

cs153_zps8fd1163f.jpg

Just wait. Come Wednesday of next week the fog will have lifted and she'll remember buying 5.09 gallons of Mountain Dew and a twinkie. She'll pull out her journal and show some idiotic entry about loving Travis soooo much which will be code for having bought snacks on the road. She's got days to remember that tidbit.

Or, she'll have another Legally Blonde moment...pull out her journals and prove she was on her period.... and because of that, it proves that the only logical explanation is that she bought snacks and tampons... (Then this is when she'll go into her "value added" lies) and say that she can't help but buy snacks when she is on her period... In fact, she had a long conversation about which snacks to buy with the nice gentleman ("Dave" was his name and he was so into her-so they started a long distance relationship)..and that's how she ended up with the twinkles and Mountain Dew....

And this is also how blood got on her left hand... Her left hand wasn't injured, it was her right hand, she got blood on her left hand because she was on her period and it got there when she changed her tampon...

There would have to be some electronic record of the scanning of the can to enter it back into inventory and process a return, which also means it would have to have original SKU's or stickers, untampered or used. Also, if none of this was done, not only does it beg the question of how the can would be entered back into inventory, but there would be a reprimand on record for that cashier's till being $12.96 under. (Yeah, I did some retail in my high school days, haha.)

I suspect she mentions getting her return in cash constantly because she feels that makes it more difficult to record her transaction as a return would otherwise be visible on her credit or debit card however a return would still be electronically processed on WalMart's end.

I doubt they would give a cash refund without a receipt. And if she'd served up that receipt it would have had a hand written correction on the original receipt indicating the return.

Two words: Rebuttal Case.

Just finished watching todays proceedings.
I had to laugh, as Mr. Martinez, at the last few seconds of our trial day, threw up his hands and quit the day, as she was just starting to spin her head and ours around in circles. Stopped her cold, so all the Jury might remember for the next 5 days is how a Liar was exposed in her premeditation, and left stumbling over her own gas cans.

He was so clearly fed up and reflecting back all the frustration and contempt we feel.
I thank you, Sir.

Ya gotta feel a little sorry for Nurmi. As I understand it a defense attorney can't make up a story for the client. They can only go with what the client tells them. He's trying everything he can to get her off, (no pun intended) but she's just a loose cannon that thinks she's smarter than everyone and probably ignores her attorney's advice. All Nurmi can do is try to help her with hints to answers and watch her hang herself.

I'm beginning to think he's so frustrated that he's getting burned out and wants her killed too. While his defense is a sick slap in the face to the victim and TA's family, it also ensures no appeals based on incompetent council. JMO

Now now, you're a big boy, and very capable of handling yourself in tight situations!
:yesss:

I'm just here to keep things rolling along!
:skip:

:rolleyes: Gosh thanks. How can I ever repay you? :banghead:

Now she's blaming Walmart. She swears she got her money back in cash, didn't even use the gas can she bought.

So if Juan can't find evidence that she returned the can, must be that Walmart does sloppy bookkeeping. They're only one of the richest, most regimented companies in America. Not having their sales and accounting records straight is surely the secret to their success. NOT.

Was there a report from Walmart already admitted into evidence or is Nurmi not objecting because he feels it would be useless?

I know! For realz. Ole Jodi is slipping under the stress I reckon!

If you look at her during JM's cross about the gas cans she grabs her cup of water a couple of times and guess what, no shaking, steady as a rock. Didn't she testify earlier in the day that she was afraid to lift up her cup, during the JM's cross, because people would see her shaking? :waitasec:

Except for the fact that one of our very own sleuthers (on the court observer thread) discovered that that gas station ONLY sells gas at the hours she was there making those THREE purchases. Only gas.

True, but telling lies until they are supposedly unproven to her won't stop her from insisting it's true. JMO

Minor4,
If I have this correctly - She made 3 separate transactions at the SLC Utah gas station within minutes of each other. Juan did the math and showed that the 3rd transaction worked out math-wise (price of gas at the time) equaled 5 gallons worth of gas. I don't know how to bring over a screen shot from the last trial thread, but there is a screen shot of her bank summary that shows these transactions. Go to post #3057 to see the screen shot, and you will see the 3 transactions. It's pretty convincing that JA did have a 3rd gas can.

ETA - Can somebody who knows what they are doing bring a screen shot of her bank summary over?

Sorry I don't know how to do screenshots or I would. One transaction was for something like $41 another for $36 and the last for $19 something. Yes it made total sense from the transactions she had 3 5 gallon gas cans and I'm surprised she didn't think quick enough and lie saying something like she bought munchies or food or something like that which the gas station sold. Maybe that will come Wednesday if the transactions are brought up again. Seeing she's got 5 days to figure out a lie. :waitasec:

Originally Posted by katiecoolady
The whole gas can filling issue in SLC proves she did have 3 gas cans which proves she's beenLYING about how many gas cans she had, her returning that one $12 gas can to Walmart and basically to show she's a LIAR. Now why she filled up those gas cans AGAIN in SLC is just one more notch in the bedpost of her sociopathic planning. It will be interesting to see how Nurmi tries to squirm outta that one.
Now she's blaming Walmart. She swears she got her money back in cash, didn't even use the gas can she bought.

So if Juan can't find evidence that she returned the can, must be that Walmart does sloppy bookkeeping. They're only one of the richest, most regimented companies in America. Not having their sales and accounting records straight is surely the secret to their success. NOT.
I've worked in Walmart stores but not FOR Walmart. One of their cash counters told me that if an employee leaves work and sees a coin in the parking lot, and pick it up, they're required to go back into the store and turn the coin in at customer service. That's how strict their employee policies are. I'm sure the Walmart employee saw to it that the return of the gas can was done according to store policy......if it was done at all.

The whole gas can filling issue in SLC proves she did have 3 gas cans which proves she's beenLYING about how many gas cans she had, her returning that one $12 gas can to Walmart and basically to show she's a LIAR. Now why she filled up those gas cans AGAIN in SLC is just one more notch in the bedpost of her sociopathic planning. It will be interesting to see how Nurmi tries to squirm outta that one.
I think the 3 five gallon gas cans ALSO go to premeditation. Having them in SLC PROVES she did NOT get rid of them in California, therefore proves the prosecution suggestion that she figured out (almost to the mile, in a really creepy, mathmetical way) how many miles that little Ford Focus got per gallon and how many miles from Pasadena (or was it DB's house) to Mesa, AZ. Basically, 175 miles between a and b; 15 gallons of gas would drive her 170 miles. If she filled up her tank, she could "hide" 175 miles of her trip.

From her bank statement:

cs153_zps8fd1163f.jpg

Nothing has been mentioned yet about the Priceline charge or the airport charge, right? I wonder what they are...

And are they in chronological order?

The only reference to this that I recall is TAs grandmother was the only family member to meet Jodi, but I'm probably confused about that.
Yes...now that I think some more I'm fairly certain I'm confused. :biggrin:

I'm withcha that. The grandmother was the only family member JA met. I remember her testifying to this. She met her more than once also.

BBM
Sorry I don't know how to do screenshots or I would. One transaction was for something like $41 another for $36 and the last for $19 something. Yes it made total sense from the transactions she had 3 5 gallon gas cans and I'm surprised she didn't think quick enough and lie saying something like she bought munchies or food or something like that which the gas station sold. Maybe that will come Wednesday if the transactions are brought up again. Seeing she's got 5 days to figure out a lie. :waitasec:

Swedie, it's already been brought up that THAT particular store sells ONLY gas after a certain time at night. :jail:

I find it very interesting that Nurmi objected to the third charge by saying there was no proof it was used for gas. JA didn't pick up on this and stayed silent. It wouldn't be easy to make up 19 dollars worth of convenience store stuff like candy bars, soda and whatnot. I'm really surprised she didn't at least try. JMO

Woah same train of thought about the convenient store purchases lol. I saw this after my last post Dan lol. Of course unless JM already checked out that particular gas station and all they sell is gas :O Which nowadays I bet is rare...

Here is the 411 on Tesoro...the store part is closed 1am=6am. So what else besides gas will she claim she purchased?

Tesoro - 1699 W North Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84116 - Find Tesoro gas station locations in Salt Lake ... Hours are 6 am Monday through Saturday until 1 am.

SHE COULD ONLY BUY GAS at 3am

Thanks Katie, I was going to delete and post a new post but doesn't matter.

Glad you have given us so much of a hands on to this trial!

Yeah, no shaking out of fear. That's important for me as a fact. I saw no fear before either when she was on the stand with JM.. She just didn't have an answer why she couldn't answer JM's questions last week either other than blame him, the big bad lawyer...She just doesn't like when someone is smarter than her. She has no pony to ride to win this race.

I doubt they would give a cash refund without a receipt. And if she'd served up that receipt it would have had a hand written correction on the original receipt indicating the return.

Two words: Rebuttal Case.

KCL,
Walmart does in fact give cash back for purchases up to $25.00 without a receipt. You can return 4 items in a 45 day period I think is what I read on the Wally World policy site. BUT!!!!!! They WOULD indeed have a record of the return because you have to fill out a form and show I.D. If Jodi returned that gas tank - Wally World WILL have a record of it. She didn't however, so there is no record!

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this strange...?

JA said she doesn't even greet Matt McCartney with a hug. Really??

Yet she says he's as close to her as a brother. And she has him all up in her drama. Her magazine code for him had an interesting tone, ordering him to "get down here" (for a jail visit) so she could tell him the lie he needs tell.

Then, true to form, she ratted him out on the witness stand about having guns -- a "big no-no in California." Man, tick this girl off even a little bit, and you will pay.

What else does she have on Matt, I wonder? Why is he so entangled in her web of lies?

KCL,
Walmart does in fact give cash back for purchases up to $25.00 without a receipt. You can return 4 items in a 45 day period I think is what I read on the Wally World policy site. BUT!!!!!! They WOULD indeed have a record of the return because you have to fill out a form and show I.D. If Jodi returned that gas tank - Wally World WILL have a record of it. She didn't however, so there is no record!

Snap!

The jury question I want to see now is this:

Why weren't you shaking when Juan Martinez was aggressively ripping your made up story to shreds about the gas cans last week?

For some reason this isn't quoting you Dr. Know...but I sure expected some faux shaking today. faux + shaking = faking? ;)

But she couldn't even overcome her Narcissistic faceoff with Martinez to serve any of that up. And that Jury KNOWS how intense that confrontation was. It was palpable. But not even an eye twitch.

She's burnt toast in the toaster shoved down for a second round still burning at this point.

Darn you!! You beat me to that point. :furious:

I think the 3 five gallon gas cans ALSO go to premeditation. Having them in SLC PROVES she did NOT get rid of them in California, therefore proves the prosecution suggestion that she figured out (almost to the mile, in a really creepy, mathmetical way) how many miles that little Ford Focus got per gallon and how many miles from Pasadena (or was it DB's house) to Mesa, AZ. Basically, 175 miles between a and b; 15 gallons of gas would drive her 170 miles. If she filled up her tank, she could "hide" 175 miles of her trip.

I own a Ford Focus and have tested my gas mileage frequently. I get around 28 miles to the gallon.

I've worked in Walmart stores but not FOR Walmart. One of their cash counters told me that if an employee leaves work and sees a coin in the parking lot, and pick it up, they're required to go back into the store and turn the coin in at customer service. That's how strict their employee policies are. I'm sure the Walmart employee saw to it that the return of the gas can was done according to store policy......if it was done at all.

Anytime I've returned any item to a bigger franchise such as WalMart, they never give a cash refund unless you paid cash. Typically they credit your debit card, not sure about Visa/MC. And they always print out a refund receipt. It's standard practice in most stores I assume. Jodi's a liar, liar, pants on fire. lol. Her gig is up, I feel confident this jury is on the ball. Don't know why, I just do! :great:

This calculation is a little over 11 mpg. I thought Ford Focus get much better mileage than that.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member