17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
apologies if this has already been posted and discussed (I'm at werk at the moment and only popped in for a news update)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...olice-car-near-trayvon-martin-shooting-scene/

Shots were fired at a Sanford police car parked near the scene of the Trayvon Martin shooting. According to authorities, the cruiser was found Tuesday morning with bullet holes in it and at least window blown out.

Police said no one was inside the cruiser, which was parked across the street from the Retreat at Twin Lakes apartment complex, near the front of Bentley Elementary School.

CBS affiliate WKMG reports witnesses said they heard six shots. At least two bullets struck the patrol car.

Praying that this presser or statement or whatever is about to take place does not launch hotheads to stupidity that will only harm the cause.

If GZ is concerned about death threats it wouldn't make sense for him to announce a presser and let everyone know where he's going to be at a certain time. I don't think he will speak unless it is a taped statement.

And now I have the final countdown song stuck in my head, LOL.

It's better than, "animal crackers in my soup" - Shirley Temple. My granddaughter was singing it this weekend and it's been stuck in my head.

Yeah, who cares. It's just a dead black kid, who would even notice?

Your post breaks my heart. I read "just another dead kid" and I thought, there are so many children dead because of an adult. I wonder when adults will be held responsible for what they do the young people. I can understand why Trayvon's Mom and Dad want to make this a right and wrong issue instead of a black and white issue. I wish everyone could look at all criminal issues as right and wrong.

It's time!!!! Let us know what he says for those of us who can't watch!

uvamerica..Im 99% sure it's a typo, (I've made tons of typo's too, I assure you,) but thanks for giving me a smile today. :)
Trust me, I needed it.

LOL !! I meant laid EYES on their client ! I didn't catch that til I read your post !

Hopefully the presser contains a statement discouraging all kinds of vandalism and violence in either Trayvon's or George's name.

Still setting up, no one talking yet.

There were also witnesses which saw the two scuffling on the ground and witnesses who saw GZ on top of Trayvon.
Are you talking about the witness who didn't see anything until after the gunshot? Before the gunshot an eyewitness saw TM on top of GZ with GZ yelling for help. The witness who allegedly saw GZ on top of TM also said she didn't hear a fight, she heard "whimpering" outside her porch before the shot when clearly there was very loud yelling.
By the way, this is my first post here! I am so glad to find a civil discussion florum.
Welcome!

Maybe, weirdly enough, he's turning himself in? Can he do that? This seems so odd. I would expect a statement after he's been arrested, in which case usually the prosecutor or someone in LE does a press conference first. Isn't that how it usually goes? I'm getting odd vibes here.

Me too. If it's just his attorneys with their normal rhetoric, why the big news conference rather than making the normal rounds?

to walk a 1/4 mile. They're talking on the phone, texting, looking around, dawdling, see a squirrel or chipmunk, bounce a ball, kick a rock etc. I have two teen boys so I know of what I speak. I too often take my time walking, enjoying being alone, looking at the trees, neighbor's flowers, whatever...enjoying life..most of us make it home regardless of what speed we walk and whether we are proceeding at a pace acceptable to some self appointed watch captain.

Is it possible that the reason why Trayvon may have taken longer than absolutely necessary to get home was that he wanted privacy for his phone call with his girlfriend? It would be kind of normal for teens not to want their parents to listen in I think.

There were also witnesses which saw the two scuffling on the ground and witnesses who saw GZ on top of Trayvon. No one saw the initial assault. Zimmerman says TM attacked him but he could have grabbed Trayvon to detain him and Trayvon fought back.

I told my daughter at that age to run away if she saw someone following her (which Travyon did) and if that person caught her to fight with all she had because the statistics show that if you are abducted, you are overwhelming likely to be killed. I told her to make her stand and not allow herself to be dragged into a car. My scenario of a frightened Trayvon defending himself seems more likely to me given that Trayvon ran away from GZ and TM's girlfriend says he told her that he was being followed by a suspicious person. Zimmerman's scenario has Trayvon running away and then changing his mind and wanting to fight where as GZ showed consistent concern that the 'suspicious' TM would get away. If you believe the girlfriend (I do), then she heard the first part of the confrontation in which TM asked "Why are you following me?" and GZ answered "Why are you here?" which doesn't sound like Martin had been sneaking up behind George which would have been hard to do since he was talking to the girlfriend the whole time, as confirmed by cell phone records. I believe it was about a minute later that Zimmerman shot TM.

By the way, this is my first post here! I am so glad to find a civil discussion florum.

:welcome:

:wagon:

Does anyone know if the jail is located in the same building as the courthouse? Our jail here is attached to the courthouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj