17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman had to lean against the wall for support. Kind of goes along with those slurred words in the 911 call. IMO

why would GZ take the time to break TM's nose (if true) when he had a gun and he could use that first.

IDK what he thinks but not everybody with guns always misses the fist fight and shoots as the first response.

If a person pleads insanity, there are all sorts of evaluations and official reports brought before the court. You can't just say oh oops, I cray cray for a minute! This is no different. If GZ wants to holler self defense for a situation he himself created, he will have to prove to a jury that it was so. End of story.

Not quite the end of story.

If the EVIDENCE shows it could have been self defense, and GZ says it was self defense, can not convict GZ for murder.

To convict, the evidence would have to show, WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that It wasn't self defense.

That's a fairly dark gray...

Do we know if it is any more gray than Trayvon's sweatshirt? Everyone here was saying the witnesses were mixing up Trayvons gray sweatshirt for a white t-shirt? Now we see that it appears, Zimmerman was wearing a gray t-shirt? Maybe the witnesses actually confused Zimmerman's gray t-shirt for a white t-shirt?

No bandage on his head.

Look again at around 1:04-1:08. Make the video full-screen.

This was recorded off of what seems to be a CRT monitor at an already low resolution, it's shaky, so the pixels (of the monitor) aren't helping the crazy amount of artifacting that's going on when it was compressed for online display. It might even be too easy to suggest that they recorded it that way for that very reason... Not even a tripod? Come on.

There's clearly what looks like a contusion and laceration with blood going down the back of his head. The artifacting is just really heavy for some reason, and you can only catch it when the light shifts and the video compression was forced to readjust.

I can see him clearly? His face looks fine. Nothing like I would have imagined if he was being viciously attacked. Maybe it's not perfectly clear looking at the back of his head, but it's nothing like I would think had his head been slammed into the concrete over and over again? There's no bandages or anything?
I would think if you were savagely attacked your injuries would be visible and I'm not seeing any major wounds cleaned up or not

It's not hard for me to tell at all? There's no blood on the front of his shirt. His face looks fine. I won't say that his head wasn't injured because when it came to look at it, the light was bad. It's nothing like I would have thought if he had been viciously attacked? He looked fine?

I don't see any blood either, and is his shirt under his jacket gray?

I don't see these claims of bashed and battered either.

And he sure doesn't look like the picture that was given to the media with him in that tux. Doesn't mean anything but just sayin'.

There's definitely something going on in the back of his head. The officer clearly looks at the back of his head.

Zimmerman had to lean against the wall for support. Kind of goes along with those slurred words in the 911 call. IMO

Or having your head slammed into the sidewalk repeatedly. :waitasec:

The video is at too low of a resolution, and there's a ton of artifacting going on.

I will draw your attention, if you will, to around 1:04-1:06. Notice when he looks down and there's a change of lighting, eliminating the artifacts. He clearly has some head trauma, but it's hard to tell anything beyond that.

I agree, there might be something on top of his head.

Not quite the end of story.

If the EVIDENCE shows it could have been self defense, and GZ says it was self defense, can not convict GZ for murder.

To convict, the evidence would have to show, WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that It wasn't self defense.

Right. Evidence is how you prove something.

There's definitely something going on in the back of his head. The officer clearly looks at the back of his head.

He also touches him to move him then looks at his hand and wipes it off. I wonder what that was?!!

Do we know if it is any more gray than Trayvon's sweatshirt? Everyone here was saying the witnesses were mixing up Trayvons gray sweatshirt for a white t-shirt? Now we see that it appears, Zimmerman was wearing a gray t-shirt? Maybe the witnesses actually confused Zimmerman's gray t-shirt for a white t-shirt?

She would be looking at his back and he was wearing red/black jacket. His shirt under the jacket clearly isn't white (despite the speculation that it was).

Um, I did not put forth a defense. There aren't enough facts to do so which is what I'm trying to point out. But under the statute as written if TM was the agressor, had GZ on the ground and was trying to go for his gun, in that scenario what say you? The law says the person has to reasonably believe they are in danger of great bodily harm to use deadly force.

The 17 year old may not be so innocent in terms of whether or not he assaulted GZ. The fact is you don't know and neither do I.

Personal insults only show you have no arrows in your quiver.

I do know that Zimmerman shot and killed an INNOCENT Trayvon Martin. That is a fact! It doesn't matter if you don't like the facts. They remain the same. However, your slant againt the victim continues to vascillate.

Trayvon is the one who acted in self defense. Trayvon paid with his life to an over zealous wannabe cop. Zimmerman is guilty of manslaugther and maybe more. Arrest Zimmerman!

jmo

Wonder when Zimmerman unzipped his coat? Before the fight or when the cop disarmed him?

What???? Last I checked it was a free country and you can ask someone what they are doing in these here parts. You have the authority of the Constitution of the United States to ask anything you want to another citizen. If it becomes harrassment, that's another story, but simply asking someone what they are doing in the neighborhood where they have never been seen before is GREAT!!!!!

Heck, I moved into a new neighborhood in Nashville and all the neighbors are on their porches, or working on cars. My boyfriend came to visit one night and he noticed I left my convertible top down so he proceeded to put the top up on my car when a deep and booming voice from behind him asked, "what are you doing, is that your car?" It was a very large imposing African American neighbor named Grafton from across the street who noticed that was my car but had never seen the boyfriend before (this was about two weeks into my residency there). BF explained who he was, they shook hands and it was cool.

We always appreciated that these guys in the neighborhood kept the criminals away. Two blocks over there were car break ins all the time, but not on my block. My neighborhood watchmen were just outside working on cars until all hours of the morning and not afraid to question strangers in the neighborhood. It was pure Americana to me. Were they packing? I don't know but wouldn't doubt it. Never worried about it. Almost everyone in TN has a gun.

But Mr. Grafton had reasonable cause to ask. There a fine line about being concerned about a neighbor when there is someone on your property, your car and they feel someone may be stealing it. GZ had no reason to believe TM was doing anything wrong. Name one thing GZ could honestly say about TM that appeared he was breaking the law.

I find it ironic that GZ said to the dispatcher....he has his hand in his waistband when that was where GZ's gun was. Sometime people get things in their heads and you are not going to convince them that really it's just a kid that ran to the store and is trying to get home before he gets too wet.

Wouldn't it have made sense if GZ said to TM "Your getting wet, do you need a ride home son?" This is what normal people do. I live down south and that is what people do here. They don't look at you while you are walking towards them like you just robbed a bank. They are friendly and approach you in a positive manner, not he's on drugs, something wrong with him, he's got something in his hand, he's putting his hand in his waistband, he's comin to check me out, they always get away, he's headed to the back, *advertiser censored**hol*, etc, etc, etc. How much more negative could a person be? This is a case of an epic fail. If TM had said why are you looking at me like that from the clubhouse he might be still alive today but he didn't, he just tried to get home.

PS: I love the folks here. People are so friendly in the south. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member