17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a job. He isn't getting paid for it.

Some people make it their life's work to volunteer? That is not a job? Or work? Raising children is not a job? There are rules in everything. Even if you are not paid for it.

BBM

See, this. What does this mean? If I join a NWP, can I no longer exercise my 2nd amendment right, ever (as long as I'm affiliated with the NW program, anyway)?

When you join a NWP, you don't do anything but watch, listen, and report. You use your ears and eyes. In no situation should you be coming into contact with an actual criminal, so your question is not really a valid one. You can go to sleep and wake up with your 2nd amendment right, nothing would stop you. Your question implies that being in the NWP requires anything other than watching and listening and reporting. Don't forget, patrolling is not part of the program.

Trayvon Martin: City of Sanford says reporters won't be arrested

The city of Sanford tonight decided that reporters won't be arrested for pursuing the Trayvon Martin story after normal business hours.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0329_1_answer-questions-sanford-city-employee

Whoa, what, wait, hold the presses, hold the presses!!!

Clarification anyone? Does this mean the city banned reporters from emailing or calling city employees only during work hours or does it mean at ANY time, both working hours AND after work?

Is this getting downright totalitarian? Seems awfully "twilight zone" to me.

OMG.. GZ's brother is NOW blaming the neighbors.. IF they would have come out he wouldn't have had to shoot TM...JMHO

But I thought good Floridians always waited for the rain to stop before going outside? :waitasec:

Team George needs to rehearse more before taking it to the media, IMO.

LinasK, you mean to tell me you don't call the police to report potholes and kids playing in the street? :eek:
Depends, would those kids be playing in the potholes? That could be very suspicious.

But if he agreed to take on a job, then he should have followed their rules?
So you're saying that he does have to relinquish his rights as a resident and ordinary citizen?

No one was allowed to bring a gun, a knife, or anything into the club I worked at? Well, the customers weren't allowed to.

Some people make it their life's work to volunteer? That is not a job? Or work? Raising children is not a job? There are rules in everything. Even if you are not paid for it.

No kidding, Lola.

I don't get paid to be a mom, but I can assure you, IT'S A JOB. A rewarding one, but a JOB nonetheless.

Because he has a permit to carry it, so he can carry it.

That's fine as long as he is following the rules which are watch and report. Not going to get into much trouble there as long as you do not pursue which is against the NWP rules/guidelines. jmo

head on the sidewalk, head on the grass, wouldn't you shoot if you were getting beat up by someone who you thought was armed? I would.

Why would you follow and confront someone you thought was armed to begin with?

So you're saying that he does have to relinquish his rights as a resident and ordinary citizen?

There are rules in everything. There was obviously rules in place with the Neighborhood Watch Program. We all know he says he wasn't "on duty" that night, but really? He was on duty 24/7 and we all know it.

When you join a NWP, you don't do anything but watch, listen, and report. You use your ears and eyes. In no situation should you be coming into contact with an actual criminal, so your question is not really a valid one. You can go to sleep and wake up with your 2nd amendment right, nothing would stop you. Your question implies that being in the NWP requires anything other than watching and listening and reporting. Don't forget, patrolling is not part of the program.
But that's exactly what people are implying here. Because Zimmerman was part of NWP, he should not have had his gun on him. That's what all of the "rules" say, too. If NWP is just watching and observing as an ordinary citizen, does that mean you're relinquishing your 2A rights if you join/affiliate yourself with such a program?

Because I might have to travel to places outside of my neighborhood, and then re-enter my neighborhood?

Cool, so call and report from your car, and if you've chosen to have a gun, feel free to lock it in your glove box if you're concerned? If all you're doing is observing and reporting I'm not sure how your gun would naturally come into play? Unless you're a sudden face-to-face victim, which it doesn't appear (to me) that this is?

There are rules in everything. There was obviously rules in place with the Neighborhood Watch Program. We all know he says he wasn't "on duty" that night, but really? He was on duty 24/7 and we all know it.
BBM

You are correct. The point of NW is for everyone to maintain a constant vigilance. Which is where my question comes in. Since everyone is literally always a neighborhood watchperson when they affiliate themselves with the program, does this mean that person is then barred from carrying a weapon?

Whoa, what, wait, hold the presses, hold the presses!!!

Clarification anyone? Does this mean the city banned reporters from emailing or calling city employees only during work hours or does it mean at ANY time, both working hours AND after work?

Is this getting downright totalitarian? Seems awfully "twilight zone" to me.

IIRC, they said that reporters would be arrested for 'stalking' if they followed the city employees around during working hours. Apparently, it's 'stalking' to follow people around. See, that's the iorny. :waitasec:

But that's exactly what people are implying here. Because Zimmerman was part of NWP, he should not have had his gun on him. That's what all of the "rules" say, too. If NWP is just watching and observing as an ordinary citizen, does that mean you're relinquishing your 2A rights if you join/affiliate yourself with such a program?

It means you agree to give them up voluntarily while on duty if you choose to do that.........no one can force you to join so ur not loosin' nuttin. :what:

I just don't understand where all this radical 2nd amendment stuff comes from. I can understand why neighborhood watch programs don't want its volunteers to carry guns. Because you may get into a situation where someone doesn't realize what your purpose is, and an innocent individual may end up getting hurt. I also understand why you have to give up that constitutional right when you go into the county courthouse, or an airplane.

Cool, so call and report from your car, and if you've chosen to have a gun, feel free to lock it in your glove box if you're concerned? If all you're doing is observing and reporting I'm not sure how your gun would naturally come into play? Unless you're a sudden face-to-face victim, which it doesn't appear (to me) that this is?
I'm just wondering if I would get criticized for breaking the NWP rules if I was active in an NW program, but had to legitimately discharge my weapon in self defense in my own neighborhood. Like, if I just wanted to go out for a walk, would I be able to carry it?

Horace, respectfully, are we going to go to the PRO TM and ANTI GZ thing? I'm neither!

An innocent CHILD was killed, dead, gone forever. This is NOT a black/white race issue. This issue is about innocence lost forever.

IMO, if you're black/white/beige/purple/blue/pink/yellow, etc., it does NOT matter to me, a man KILLED a living, breathing human being and justice has NOT been served.

I said nothing about race. I am not sure TM is innocent in this because there is not enough information yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak