Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman's Lawyers Won't Comment on Police Video

By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) and SENI TIENABESO (@senijr_abc)
March 29, 2012
The surveillance tape of George Zimmerman made barely half an hour after the shooting, obtained exclusively by ABC News from the Sanford Police Department, could be used as evidence, if Zimmerman is brought up on charges, sources tell ABC News.

Zimmerman's attorney would not comment on the tapes, which show his client walking into a police station with no visible signs of blood minutes after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin following what Zimmerman claims was a life-or-death struggle with the teen.

"I'm not going to litigate this case in the media," said attorney Craig Sonner. "It looks like it's a standard booking video of when they brought him in. I can't tell anything from this video."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...mans-lawyers-comment-police/story?id=16033712

Video at link which the narrator points out the alleged injuries..

Now his mouth piece doesn't want to comment...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...mans-lawyers-comment-police/story?id=16033712

Brother: Medical records will prove George Zimmerman's story
KSBW.com
updated 13 minutes ago 2012-03-30T12:16:33

George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. spoke to CNN's Piers Morgan Thursday night saying he wanted to correct some of the "mythology" and untruths that have been spread about the controversial shooting.

"We're confident the medical records are going to explain all of George's medical history," Zimmerman Jr. said. "His nose looks swollen in that video. I'm his brother."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46903135

I wouldn't trust this ploy as far as I could spit...

Who's to say, he didn't have someone else punch him in his nose just to make it appear that he was assaulted...he certainly didn't appear to have a broken nose while the police were taking him in to question him...and there is at least one detective who didn't believe his story but was shot down for an arrest on manslaughter from the SA Wolfsin (not sure of the last name)...I also hope that wasn't a missed opportunity...

Justice for Trayvon Martin

The only way to buy it is if there is a report from the EMT who treated him that night. How can you trust a hospital report if he didn't go to the hospital until the following day?

Jumping off that, is it know how long LE held GZ that night? What time did GZ get back home?

Trayvon Martin’s body showed no signs of struggle: funeral director
Richard Kurtz said George Zimmerman's story of a vicious fight just didn't 'add up'

By Nina Mandell / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, March 30, 2012, 8:36 AM

Trayvon Martin’s body showed no signs of struggle: funeral director
Richard Kurtz said George Zimmerman's story of a vicious fight just didn't 'add up'
Comments

By Nina Mandell / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, March 30, 2012, 8:36 AM

CBS
Richard Kurtz, the funeral director who prepared Trayvon Martin's body for burial, said the teen's body showed no signs of a fight.

Trayvon Martin's body showed no signs of a violent fight when it arrived at a Miami funeral home, the funeral director said Thursday.

Richard Kurtz told CBS News that when he was preparing the teen's body for the funeral, it was clear of bruises, cuts and scrapes or any other signs of a fight that he would have covered up for the teen's wake.

Those assertions directly contradict George Zimmerman's story that he was attacked by Martin and struggled with him for minutes before he shot the unarmed teen in self-defense.

"(Martin) looked perfectly normal to me when he came in and the story just does not make sense that he was in this type of scuffle or fight in anything that we could see," Kurtz said.

Kurtz's interview came hours after surveillance video released from the police station shows Zimmerman hours after the shooting, seemingly uninjured.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eral-director-article-1.1053321#ixzz1qbWTA18T

Yes I know that, I'll bet a shot right to the heart....I didn't state he was shot in the back...he fell on his face, hands underneath his body (while GZ was straddling him with his hands in the back of Trayvon) that doesn't suggest TM was in a defensive position..or his arms might have been at his sides..

Yes, that has been said too...That TM and GZ were tusseling for a minute..but who's to say, that child wasn't already deceased and GZ was setting that up..I don't trust a thing GZ states...especially when I heard the detective wanted him arrested on manslaughter charges because he didn't believe GZ..that says alot too..

Justice for Trayvon Martin

Well, the only thing is there have been multiple witnesses that saw a scuffle along with voices to go along with it. I'm more inclined to believe that TM did in fact react to GZ when GZ approached/threatened him. The question for me that I can't answer (and I'm not sure anyone else can either) is when did the gun come out? Before or during the fight?

George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says

Zimmerman at center of firestorm for fatally shooting unarmed teen Trayvon Martin last month
Comments (118)

By Matthew Lysiak In Sanford, Fla. AND Helen Kennedy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:06 PM

George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.

Zimmerman, at the center of a firestorm for shooting an unarmed black teenager a month ago, worked for two different agencies providing security to illegal house parties between 2001 and 2005, the former co-worker said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223#ixzz1qbX1Y5bK

Dude has a propensity for violence...

If GZ was going to Target as his brother claimed, why was his gun not holstered and how was he going to go to Target with it in his waistband? Doesn't make sense. What time was this and was Target even open?

it was around 7 ish when GZ was going to Target

it depends on the law, In Texas if you have a concealed carry permit for a gun, you can pretty much carry it anywhere.

TRAYVON MARTIN SHOOTING
Stand Your Ground authors: Trayvon Martin’s shooter should likely be charged, avoid immunity

By Marc Caputo The Miami Herald
As black lawmakers call for hearings to review and possibly repeal the Stand-Your-Ground law, the authors of the legislation say it’s being misconstrued and shouldn’t protect the accused shooter of Trayvon Martin.
By Marc Caputo
mcaputo@MiamiHerald.com

The authors of Florida’s controversial Stand Your Ground law say the killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin probably should be arrested and doesn’t deserve immunity under the statute.

The comments from the Republican lawmakers came the same day state Sen. Oscar Braynon, D-Miami Gardens, urged the Florida Conference of Black State Legislators to call for the law to be repealed, amended or subject to legislative hearings. Trayvon’s mother lives in Braynon’s district.

But the lawmakers who crafted the legislation in 2005 — former Sen. Durell Peaden and current state Rep. Dennis Baxley — said the law doesn’t need to be changed. They believe it has been misapplied in the shooting death of Trayvon by a Sanford crime-watch captain, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman has not been charged because, police said, it appears he acted in self-defense. The Seminole County state attorney’s office decided Tuesday to take the case before a grand jury.

“They got the goods on him. They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid,” said Peaden, a Crestview Republican who sponsored the deadly force law in 2005. “He has no protection under my law.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/20/2703579/state-senator-calls-for-hearings.html#storylink=cpy

Amen

\

IMO yes, becauze GZ killed someone.

I know this is not the case, but if it came out that TM had a history with hanging out with gang members, you don't think that would be relevant in any way?

I'm interested to know why Wolfinger felt the need to race to the crime scene that evening in order to make the call not to charge Zimmerman. Why the seemingly personal interest?

I know this is not the case, but if it came out that TM had a history with hanging out with gang members, you don't think that would be relevant in any way?

No not in the least for several reasons
1.) he was in a different town than he lived
2.) he was by himself on 2/26/2012
3.) George Zimmerman would have no way of knowing who he hung out with anyway

I'm interested to know why Wolfinger felt the need to race to the crime scene that evening in order to make the call not to charge Zimmerman. Why the seemingly personal interest?
Thank you.

Irrelevant, since he wasn't using the night he was killed. Also, pot is a downer, not an upper, wasn't likely to make him violant, unlike George who was trigger-happy, IMO!

I'm just catching up and I may have missed it. But, how do you know if he was using or not on the night he was killed.

I thought the tox reports were not in yet.

Do you have a link to that information?

I'm just catching up and I may have missed it. But, how do you know if he was using or not on the night he was killed.

I thought the tox reports were not in yet.

Do you have a link to that information?

They are not in yet. still waiting for the tox reports

I love it how TM's past is not irrelevent (sp) in any way, shape, or form, But GZ's past is because he had 3 run ins with the police way back in 2005, which was 7 years ago and since then has not been in anymore trouble.

I just love how the double standard applies to this case.

George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says

Zimmerman at center of firestorm for fatally shooting unarmed teen Trayvon Martin last month
Comments (118)

By Matthew Lysiak In Sanford, Fla. AND Helen Kennedy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:06 PM

George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.

Zimmerman, at the center of a firestorm for shooting an unarmed black teenager a month ago, worked for two different agencies providing security to illegal house parties between 2001 and 2005, the former co-worker said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223#ixzz1qbX1Y5bK

Dude has a propensity for violence...

Oh my

Not meek and mild George, can't be. His good friends keep saying what a sweetheart he is. :rolleyes:

The obvious pattern of aggressive behavior continues.

JMHO

I see discussion on the background of both people occuring on this thread. People can have different opinions on what they believe and can state that (without snark and without attacking one another).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil