17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) He would call police to establish his position that it was self-defense.

2) I don't think people are suggesting that he went out looking to kill a black guy, but rather that he made an assumption that Trayvon was a criminal because he was black, and was determined not to let this one "get away".

3) Perhaps he didn't start out with the idea of killing him, but just to hold him for police, but ended up shooting when TM didn't cooperate.

I don't know IF he set out to kill someone just because they were black, but to me from the things he stated and his tone of voice on that 911 call to dispatch I'm inclined to believe he was on a mission to harm...JMHO

On losing a child, the next worse part is not having answers. The imagination is a monster that won't leave you alone.

I agree. I remember when My kids were younger and did not come in till much too late, I was pacing around, and worried about all kinds of scenarios in my head that never ever happened.
I used to have to remind myself think positive.
The minute they walked in the door - they knew I was mad as hell.
If I dozed at all it was for very short time, till I saw them home.

YES THEY DO DESERVE ANSWERS. YES THE POLICE *advertiser censored**** UP.

BBM

Looks like you're already on where I'm headed with a lot of this.

TMJail5-1.png
TMJail4.png

I'm going through this report with a fine toothed comb because he was back at the station 36 minutes after he pulled the trigger. That leaves 20 minutes at the scene for all this report says happened.

Officer Smith says in the report that he parked his squad car at 2821 Retreat View Circle and went between the houses. It's 175 feet from where the body was back to his squad car to put GZ in the back AFTER he had been disarmed and cuffed. I'm trying to sort my way through a timeline at the scene for this 20 minutes, and I've gotta tell ya there's not a ton of time left over for a cleanup by paramedics or anyone else. He didn't even get marched to the squad car till AFTER Officer Smith watched CPR efforts on TM's body.

Don't forget, this cop who says he saw water and grass on the back of Zimmerman is so smart he knows he needs to put that in the report he did at 3:29 am the night of the shooting. Without knowing anything else about the case he knows that is important.

But even after arresting Zimmerman and looking at him and taking him to the station and even searching him again there he still does not know the color of Zimmerman's coat. He says it is red.

Hi Suzi! I want to feel sorry for them as well but when the nice little newsletter came out informing them that they were to call Zimmerman with their problems, it sort of made them liable. I would have thought someone in that community would have actually questioned exactly what his role as "self-appointed" neighborhood watch "captain" really entailed. Too bad, so sad. If someone had questioned his behavior months ago especially after all those ridiculous 911 calls, maybe, just maybe, we might not be sitting here talking about how he shot dead an innocent child.

~jmo~

I wonder if the "call George Zimmerman" bit in the newsletter was a reaction to the number of calls Zimmerman had made to LE? If I were the homeowner who had LE come out unnecessarily just because my garage door was left open, or because my kid was one of a group playing in the street, or because I left a window open, I would have been fed up with the neighborhood busy body.

I would have been utterly happy to call GZ EVERY time I saw something odd in the neighborhood, just so he would get a taste of what he was doing to LE. Oh - look, there's a car I don't recognize parked in front of so & so's house - CALL GZ! Somebody didn't close their garage door - CALL GZ! There is a pothole in the road - CALL GZ!

I would NOT have called about people walking through the neighborhood because I would not have wanted GZ or LE to be hassling them. But I would have had GZ running in circles checking out the same stupid things he was hassling his neighbors with and wasting LE time with.

But then, I have a mean streak when it comes to people like GZ and hate seeing LE called out for stupid stuff when there are more important things for them to do.

Just my opinion and imagination, thinking about that newsletter item.

Probably not a whole lot.Not much is said when it is a black on white crime. Just about everyday It is happening. I never have seen people act like I have in this case.IMO It would have been a blurp on the news,Black teen kills Hispanic man.

bbm I must be on a different planet than you. my hometown is a large city which is primarily black...friends from the suburbs used to get all scared stupid driving through which cracked the rest of us up, we used to joke that whites were EXTREMELY safe because when white people die, that makes the news*. I've never seen any such thing as this black-on-white crime being unreported.

*not a joke in a funny haha way but in a funny way....I dont know anyone who thinks it's acceptable to disregard murders of ANY kind.

Has Joe Oliver been seen in public this week? I think he was on one morning show the morning after Lawrence O'Donnell exposed him as barely an acquaintance of GZ's but I haven't seen Oliver since.

He's probably still licking his wounds from the verbal a$$ whipping he took. :D

I wonder if the "call George Zimmerman" bit in the newsletter was a reaction to the number of calls Zimmerman had made to LE? If I were the homeowner who had LE come out unnecessarily just because my garage door was left open, or because my kid was one of a group playing in the street, or because I left a window open, I would have been fed up with the neighborhood busy body.

I would have been utterly happy to call GZ EVERY time I saw something odd in the neighborhood, just so he would get a taste of what he was doing to LE. Oh - look, there's a car I don't recognize parked in front of so & so's house - CALL GZ! Somebody didn't close their garage door - CALL GZ! There is a pothole in the road - CALL GZ!

I would NOT have called about people walking through the neighborhood because I would not have wanted GZ or LE to be hassling them. But I would have had GZ running in circles checking out the same stupid things he was hassling his neighbors with and wasting LE time with.

But then, I have a mean streak when it comes to people like GZ and hate seeing LE called out for stupid stuff when there are more important things for them to do.

Just my opinion and imagination, thinking about that newsletter item.

LOL!!! I think I probably would have done the same. Thank God I've been fortunate enough to never have to deal with a busy-body neighbor.

I can't believe the HOA was so stupid that they would actually put that little tidbit about Zimmerman in their newsletter. Talk about setting yourself up for a lawsuit. What if it turned out that Zimmerman himself was the one breaking into the homes and then trying to blame it on young black boys and then all of these people were calling him to report it. Stupidity at its finest if you ask me.

~jmo~

if he had shot GZ, would everyone be wanting him tried as a child or adult?

he was 17, not 16.

here's a case where a 16 year old black male (also in FL) killed 2 british tourists who got lost in the projects....he was given a life sentence. personally I have my doubts that life for a 16 (17 when trial began) is the answer but I dont know what the answer is.

it's not relevant to trayvon in any way but it relevant to your possibly rhetorical question.

ETA I forgot to add the link, duh :blushing: sorry! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-friends-criticise-Obama-lack-compassion.html

If GZ is not charged and i really don't think he should be.

They need to take his gun away from him and his permit and this law needs to be changed.

LOL!!! I think I probably would have done the same. Thank God I've been fortunate enough to never have to deal with a busy-body neighbor.

I can't believe the HOA was so stupid that they would actually put that little tidbit about Zimmerman in their newsletter. Talk about setting yourself up for a lawsuit. What if it turned out that Zimmerman himself was the one breaking into the homes and then trying to blame it on young black boys and then all of these people were calling him to report it. Stupidity at its finest if you ask me.

~jmo~

That must be what happened. What are the chances it was actually black teens committing those burglars? Much more likely it was GZ doing it and calling it in just to blame them.

There is NO way he d' get a fair trial, many people here think he is guilty.

JMO

1) He would call police to establish his position that it was self-defense.

2) I don't think people are suggesting that he went out looking to kill a black guy, but rather that he made an assumption that Trayvon was a criminal because he was black, and was determined not to let this one "get away".

3) Perhaps he didn't start out with the idea of killing him, but just to hold him for police, but ended up shooting when TM didn't cooperate.

1) He'd call the police beforehand? That was his plan? Sounds like a crapshoot to me.

2) I think that when people use language like "stalking his prey," they are certainly suggesting that GZ went out that night searching for a black person to kill. It is language used for predators, and predators go on the prowl with intent. But why get the police involved in the first place and why waste precious time calling the cops when he could be "stalking" his "prey"? It just doesn't add up.

3) I think that somehow TM and GZ's paths crossed and turned into a deadly confrontation. I don't know why or how that final confrontation occurred, but I don't think it was planned and I don't think it was racially motivated. IMO, it was a situation that turned horribly fatal because one man was carrying a gun. Take the gun out of the equation and IMO there would not have been a teenager's life cut tragically short.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Do we know IF GZ is/was employed. I know at one time he worked as a bouncer..JMHO

BBM

According to the clarification by the PD, it is a clean record. He has no felony convictions. That makes it a clean record. Did you read about the 'assault' on a police officer case? That was when he was pretty young and he shoved an undercover officer who was trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking. IIRC Does that make him a violent cold blooded person?

As for the cops report, I think it was a good one. He wrote down his observations and things he over heard, as he should. And it was not his job to interrogate the man he detained. It was up to the detectives to do that. they would have been very angry if the cop had done that himself on the scene.

And yes, it is routine that the interviewing of the suspects is done at the station. There are lots of reasons for that. But there are investigators on the scene, doing their part of the investigations,and there are some at the station, doing their part.

Since when? He was allowed to plead down to a misdemeanor and complete an anger management program, however the original charge was felony assault. It's still a conviction on the misdemeanor.

And for the record, I have read quite a few articles about GZ's record and the assault on the officer. IMO he got off easy considering all that transpired.

That must be what happened. What are the chances it was actually black teens committing those burglars? Much more likely it was GZ doing it and calling it in just to blame them.

It was meant as sarcasm to reflect the stupidity in which the HOA displayed by referring phone calls to Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch "captain."

~jmo~

And when did EMS arrive on the scene? How long after it was reported someone had been shot? I'm thinking the first LE to arrive was the one who had been dispatched to the complex when GZ made the 911 call...An ambulance would not have been sent out on that first call made by GZ to 911...The reason I mention this is the guy on NG last night stated the second ambulance was cancelled because GZ was treated by EMS in the first ambulance sent out...JMHO

ETA.. How did they manage to treat GZ's severe life threatening injuries in such a short period of time..IMHO. Taking into consideration it would have taken several minutes for EMS to even arrive on the scene how did they manage this since he was whisked away almost immediately..JMHO

--frank taafe ( who also admitted on NG last night that he hasn't seen OR spoken to george since the shooting ) makes it up as he goes along-----the 2nd ambulance, for george, was cancelled.

--in the police report it states that--"Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid by the SFD."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...prove-george-zimmerman-hurt-article-1.1054589
Recordings show second ambulance called for Zimmerman was cancelled
--------Audio @ link--

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf
--------Police Report--

Not that he would call police beforehand but I do believe he might have been setting his "self-defense" and reasonable doubt up with some of the things he said. He said all the right key words - hands in his waistband; he's up to something' he's checking me out; etc. etc.

Like I've said - I really think GZ thought TM had a gun. If TM had bought a can of Iced Tea and had that can in the front hoodie pocket - it would make a "bulge" that GZ could have interpreted as a gun.

GZ now thinking this suspicious guy has a gun - he (GZ) thinks if he does shoot that it will be justified as the other guy had one too.

JMHO

Do we know IF GZ is/was employed. I know at one time he worked as a bouncer..JMHO

He was supposedly employed at Digital Risk, a mortgage risk assessment company.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0324_1_maitland-firm-chief-bill-lee-statement

Yep, he was employed as a bouncer for "illegal" house parties until he was fired for getting all nuts and picking up a girl and and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.” throwing a woman into a wall.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/...man-lost-security-guard-job-after-he-snapped/

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member