17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your belief is she is not going to drop the case or charge GZ but will let the GJ decide? Why the silence on her part?

To ensure the integrity of HER investigation...I don't believe she will opt to drop the charges if she's bringing in the GF to testify at The Grand Jury.

I also believe alot lies on the phone call GZ placed into 911...his past calls, his NW status....could be alot she had to put together in order to enforce an arrest of GZ...and keeping silent, invoking her investigative powers to stop the flow of documents under the Sunshine Law...all to protect the integrity of this...at least that's my thoughts on it...

Well, many many people who saw those initial photos that you've been referring to have not changed their opinion of Zimmerman's actions that night. Even if people somehow thought that the first picture of Trayvon that we were shown was him at 17, I'm not sure how their minds would still be messed with once that was cleared up. It's just a matter of revising in our minds what he looked like on his last night on earth. I think people are quite capable of doing that.
No the initial picturs are not of a 17 year old but of a 12 year old. It does create a very different impression then a 17 year old.

Well, I'm with your grandson. I also think that people who kill should go to jail. I think the crime they're charged with and the time they serve should vary, of course (murder, manslaughter, assault), but yes... I think they should go to jail.

< mod snip >

My grandson has not read the bible yet. LOL...I have.... If a person is an eminent threat to your life, you must save your life.
I raised the point of my grandson, because even children have opinions based on what the Media has done. NO I am not impressed with their work at all.

There are 2 minutes that we know nothing about YET and I refuse to point fingers till I know more.
I do have judgments on both of them - those of you who don’t judge may be holeyer than anyone else. :D
What I have read in these threads makes Zimmerman a victim, until we know more there is no justice in that at all.

ALSO - sadly one is dead - setting up another is just getting even in my opinion
:moo:

BG wasn't giving specifics and she never said that Trayvon was killed on the porch.

And a major difference is that GZ's father is GZ's mouthpiece, he is repeating specific details that he was obviously told by his son. That's why what the father says is important. I would imagine if there is a trial what the father said would be quite important.

Trayvon's father was repeating what he was told by police. That's why what he says is important.

JMHO

Both families are emotional and doing what they can to support their loved one. I think, in their minds, they are playing what could, would, should have happened and it influences their descriptions.
Mr. Martin has given at least three different versions in interviews of the circumstances of TM being out that night- one, TM being punished and he finally let him run to the store, two, he went to the store to get snacks for soon to be stepbrother, three he went to the store to get snacks and must have gone to the movies with cousin. The versions would make a difference in supporting GZ thinking he was acting suspicious. Was he on a quick release or a quick run to get snacks or was he just out with no expected time of return or no accountability for where he had to be until the am?
I know we are all reading into every word the media releases and analyzing it pieces. Moo

And none of that has anything to do with TM being shot on the night he died.

:banghead:

So this is how I understand your post jadedcat??? :waitasec:
Let’s look at Zimmerman’s background Lets NOT look at Trayvons background.
Fair Character analysis means nothing. so let’s just tilt the case to one side.
Because looking into GZ seems OK but looking into TM means nothing as you said.
Hhhhmmmm?

Both families are emotional and doing what they can to support their loved one. I think, in their minds, they are playing what could, would, should have happened and it influences their descriptions.
Mr. Martin has given at least three different versions in interviews of the circumstances of TM being out that night- one, TM being punished and he finally let him run to the store, two, he went to the store to get snacks for soon to be stepbrother, three he went to the store to get snacks and must have gone to the movies with cousin. The versions would make a difference in supporting GZ thinking he was acting suspicious. Was he on a quick release or a quick run to get snacks or was he just out with no expected time of return or no accountability for where he had to be until the am?
I know we are all reading into every word the media releases and analyzing it pieces. Moo

What does any of that matter and what does it change? If Trayvon's father thought something after the fact ( going to the movies) it doesn't change the facts. Besides what you posted isn't really changing the story or changing the versions, the bottom line is he was going to the store. Picking apart the father's words and dissecting every word, because he didn't say the same exact thing in the same exact way in every interview, doesn't change the fact that Trayvon went out to the store.

Now we hear that according to 7-11 corporate, they do have video of Trayvon inside the store at around 6:30 or so.

Trayvon was killed at 7PM, it's not like it was 2AM and he was wandering the streets. And it doesn't change the fact that Trayvon had a right to walk down the street at 7PM. And it doesn't change GZ actions.

JMHO

My grandson has not read the bible yet. LOL...I have.... If a person is an eminent threat to your life, you must save your life.
I raised the point of my grandson, because even children have opinions based on what the Media has done. NO I am not impressed with their work at all.

There are 2 minutes that we know nothing about YET and I refuse to point fingers till I know more.
I do have judgments on both of them - those of you who don’t judge may be holeyer than anyone else. :D
What I have read in these threads makes Zimmerman a victim, until we know more there is no justice in that at all.

ALSO - sadly one is dead - setting up another is just getting even in my opinion
:moo:

Well said. I think this was horrible and it scares me to think someone could follow my children with a gun, but I don't know what happened in those few minutes/seconds. I think my children would have either run as fast as they could while calling me or if confronted explained 'I'm visiting' if he asked. I don't think they would have let GZ anywhere within 10 feet of them.
I hope the evidence will show who attacked physically first. Until we know what happened in those moments both GZ and TM are victims. Moo

ALSO - sadly one is dead - setting up another is just getting even in my opinion:moo:

BBM

Getting even?

Why not seeking justice?

I can't for the life of me understand how everyone isn't outraged that an unarmed teen was shot and killed by someone who had no authority to do so!

I can't understand this..

It so appears GZ was too over the top, took that CW program as a reason to harass and accuse innocent people who GZ deemed 'suspicious'...Had I lived in that community, I'd think GZ was the problem, not the solution to all these alleged break ins...he's not a cop. he's not trained, his judgement seems flawed for he has a violent streak...A violent man who was able to obtain a CWP....is a danger and will continue to be a danger if he's not taken into custody....:maddening:

I swear...I just don't understand the thought process of some...:banghead:

GOOD POST and I agree Yoda. :)

Both families are dealing with much. and both have a different understanding of the events based on how they are feeling and the few facts that they have.
They are trying to fit pieces of the puzzle together too as we are.
Both also have an investment in this case to go a certain way.

I hope the law and the legal arena gets a hall over.
But I can say this for sure in Biblical Law you must save yourself if one is a threat to your life.

Until we know more about the case... we MAY not bury the living. We must give the facts a chance to surface. I hope they will surface because as it stands right now only one person knows exactly what happened. That person does have marks to prove a struggle. When we see the autopsy of TM we will know a few more details.

BBM

Getting even?

Why not seeking justice?

I can't for the life of me understand how everyone isn't outraged that an unarmed teen was shot and killed by someone who had no authority to do so!

I can't understand this..

It so appears GZ was too over the top, took that CW program as a reason to harass and accuse innocent people who GZ deemed 'suspicious'...Had I lived in that community, I'd think GZ was the problem, not the solution to all these alleged break ins...he's not a cop. he's not trained, his judgement seems flawed for he has a violent streak...A violent man who was able to obtain a CWP....is a danger and will continue to be a danger if he's not taken into custody....:maddening:

I swear...I just don't understand the thought process of some...:banghead:

I do not understand how some know the verdict without having all the pieces to the mystery.
The way I know this case only one person right now knows all the facts to that night and
it is no one on any forum.

I believe in waiting for the entire investigation to be completed.
I do not believe that I have a crystal ball.

SO YES to the extent that people are pointing fingers as if they know, they are getting even
with something they perceive, not justice yet, until the facts are on the table. IMHO

GOOD POST and I agree Yoda. :)

Both families are dealing with much. and both have a different understanding of the events based on how they are feeling and the few facts that they have.
They are trying to fit pieces of the puzzle together too as we are.
Both also have an investment in this case to go a certain way.

I hope the law and the legal arena gets a hall over.
But I can say this for sure in Biblical Law you must save yourself if one is a threat to your life.

Until we know more about the case... we MAY not bury the living. We must give the facts a chance to surface. I hope they will surface because as it stands right now only one person knows exactly what happened. That person does have marks to prove a struggle. When we see the autopsy of TM we will know a few more details.

There are two people that know exactly what happened. Unfortunately, one is dead and can't tell his side of the story.

Those are not three different versions of the same question. They are different questions. Mr. Martin said TM walked to 7-11 to get Skittles and two when he was not home after Mr. Martin arrived home he thought TM had gone to the movies because they had discussed early that he might go with his cousin. Those were two different questions and not versions. We don't know what TM's punishment was and he may have already "served" his punishment for all we know. TM wasn't 5 years old which means his punishment was probably age appropriate. Spending time with a 20 old cousin may have been a good influence for TM as far as Mr. Martin was concerned, we don't know that.

But there aren't any versions, we know he was punished for the suspension, that Mr. Martin agreed to let him walk to the store and he agreed to TM going to the movies later with his cousin if TM wanted to go out. Versions would be he went to 7-11, no he went to Target, no he went to Kohls....those are versions.

I'd hate to think I am now living "versions" of my life. lol jmo

I do not understand how some know the verdict without having all the pieces to the mystery.
The way I know this case only one person right now knows all the facts to that night and

SO YES to the extent that people are pointing fingers as if they know, they are getting even
with something they perceive, not justice yet, until the facts are on the table. IMHO

I am NOT saying we know the verdict - I'm saying I think there should have been an investigation from the first moment!

Why would anyone NOT want the shooting of a child, of anyone, investigated thoroughly and completely? And yet, for the 8 days after this shooting, until Trayvon's family issued a press release, it appears that Sanford PD was done. They had made their decision. Talk about a rush to judgement!!!

Now it is 6 weeks later, and LE is still not telling us why GZ is walking free. If it was so obvious that they could make a decision in a few hours, why do they think the public is so stupid that we couldn't figure it out in 43 days?

The only rush to judgement was by the people in charge on 2/26.

FWIW, I quit teaching in 08 and a few of my 5th grade boys had grills 4 years ago. They weren't allowed to wear them in school but one kid brought his in his bookbag to show me, LOL! It seemed like a fashion fad to me, like when my son got that goofy haircut and my daughter wanted colored contacts to change her eye color. But what do I know?:D

Is there some 'bad' significance to wearing a grill that I am unaware of or is it just a trend amongst our AA males? I never see females wearing them so I am just curious.

I need enlightenment. TIA and MOO

wm

His grandmother had just died. Could they have been his grandmother's? jmo

If they were his grandmothers Jewelry the police would not have confiscated it.

I did not know his grandma died, but I believe that they are together again.
I do believe in those things.

What does any of that matter and what does it change? If Trayvon's father thought something after the fact ( going to the movies) it doesn't change the facts. Besides what you posted isn't really changing the story or changing the versions, the bottom line is he was going to the store. Picking apart the father's words and dissecting every word, because he didn't say the same exact thing in the same exact way in every interview, doesn't change the fact that Trayvon went out to the store.

Now we hear that according to 7-11 corporate, they do have video of Trayvon inside the store at around 6:30 or so.

Trayvon was killed at 7PM, it's not like it was 2AM and he was wandering the streets. And it doesn't change the fact that Trayvon had a right to walk down the street at 7PM. And it doesn't change GZ actions.

JMHO
It can change a lot. If TM was hanging out, in the rain and not walking directly back then it could negate the racial profiling and out to get someone wanna be cop. GZ is on the way to the store, sees a tall person hanging out, in the rain, going in no real direction and he thinks who is this and What is he up to. That sets in motion the events. If TM was on a 'you were suspended so get to the store and back' rule then it could negate GZ saying he looked suspicious. From that rule we could assume TM was walking directly to the house, maybe ducking under a porch for a respite from the rain, but on a deadline to get back to the house. If TM did get the reprieve to run to the store and back then another possible assumption could be that once he saw someone following him he would have just hightailed it home for safety and because he didn't want to be in more trouble for taking too long. Similar to the 911 operator saying 'we don't need you to be doing that.' It could have made a difference if the operator demanded GZ to get back in the car, or said 'no stop following.' It is not the dad's or the operator's fault, but what was said and the boundaries given add to determining each person's actions.

If nothing else that happens before matters then nothing should matter except those few seconds when TM and GZ were together. But since TM can not tell us, then his story must be pieced together to best represent what his version would have been. Moo

So this is how I understand your post jadedcat??? :waitasec:
Let’s look at Zimmerman’s background Lets NOT look at Trayvons background.
Fair Character analysis means nothing. so let’s just tilt the case to one side.
Because looking into GZ seems OK but looking into TM means nothing as you said.
Hhhhmmmm?

Let's talk about fairness...GZ still has his life. Trayvon will never have one.

Not even at a verdict yet...just want justice for the killing of an unarmed teen. By all accounts, GZ should have went to do his errand and not focus on a teen who was walking where he was supposed to be all because GZ deemed him suspicous...What the hell would anyone do at 7pm, walking alone...ususally groups of teens would get your attention, not just one lone teen walking his way home...I also read 711 has TM on their surveillance camera at 6:30...in just 45 minurtes, this teen stopped breathing..one shot to the heart, no doubt...

When you've never walked in the shoes of someone who's family member was shot dead in cold blood, you can't understand how badly that family wants justice...I'm still trying to get my brother justice for his murder, 29 years ago...sadly, justice is not to be had for us...and it's heartbreaking that someone took a life and is walking free...while I go to a gravesite...

Empathy goes a long way..and I do empathize with this family...their son should be alive so he could make his dream of being a pilot come true..but that's not happening either..

I am NOT saying we know the verdict - I'm saying I think there should have been an investigation from the first moment!

Why would anyone NOT want the shooting of a child, of anyone, investigated thoroughly and completely? And yet, for the 8 days after this shooting, until Trayvon's family issued a press release, it appears that Sanford PD was done. They had made their decision. Talk about a rush to judgement!!!

Now it is 6 weeks later, and LE is still not telling us why GZ is walking free. If it was so obvious that they could make a decision in a few hours, why do they think the public is so stupid that we couldn't figure it out in 43 days?

The only rush to judgement was by the people in charge on 2/26.

It was the media as far as I am concerned.

It had never not been under investigation. That is what has some mad. But I fail to see where "the ball was dropped". The only thing that changed was it went national with the wrong information. That is the way I have seen it. Just because he was allowed to leave did not make it a closed case. With the CC law and the SYG law and the "facts" as they (LE) were told, were told by GZ and the "eye" witnesses which matched his story and then the interviews at the station so at that point why not release him while the case is under investigation.jmo

It was the media as far as I am concerned.

It had never not been under investigation. That is what has some mad. But I fail to see where "the ball was dropped". The only thing that changed was it went national with the wrong information. That is the way I have seen it. Just because he was allowed to leave did not make it a closed case. With the CC law and the SYG law and the "facts" as they (LE) were told, were told by GZ and the "eye" witnesses which matched his story and then the interviews at the station so at that point why not release him while the case is under investigation.jmo

Do you know for fact it was an active investigation between 2/26 and the time it hit the media? Link?

What wrong information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member