17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taffe, don't wave that police report at me!

FT just said that GZ wants us all to know that he was compliant with the dispatcher's instructions.

And once again Taafe speaks as if he has some superior knowledge of the facts when in reality he knows nothing.

JMHO

LOL LOL LOL LOL Nancy and Taafe...........:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know, right? The way she keeps saying his name makes me think "Taffy", not "Taafe". Which I find appropriate because she is chewing him up. :p

I'm wondering will Zimmerman pull the I'm going to commit suicide card ? Even though it would be very sad to hear this, I'm just wondering if he feels like he is out of options.

Who would want two lawyers to go on National Television and announce to the world how unstable you are? Two lawyers that were supposed to be representing him? I'm still shocked over the entire news conference.

Maybe he intends to use the mental instability at trial? As in he's unable to stand trial...??? Can he do that? Might be a stupid move tho...he'd be put in an institution for treatment, right? And then would he stand trial as soon as he was better?
Am I making sense or has this case frazzled my last brain cell?

If this case makes me start to like NG, I'm gonna be angry. And you won't like me very much when I'm angry.

Tell! Tell! Tell! Please?? :floorlaugh:
He went on and on explaining to Nancy how Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head on the cement and Zimmerman shot him and how Trayvon went on his side because people don't fall on their back when they die and blah blah blah and Nancy goes and he told you this? He said no he got it from the police report. LOL LOL LOL

I know you and I both watched the thing "newser" today, and they didn't jump ship. They only said they can't represent themselves as GZ's attorneys because he's ditched them. They were quite clear, several times, that they would be very happy to represent him if he would just contact them.

I thought the big media event was to announce that they decided to no longer represent George, that they are not his lawyers anymore? To me that means they jumped ship, exited stage left, hit the road, etc. imo. :)

If this case makes me start to like NG, I'm gonna be angry. And you won't like me very much when I'm angry.

I have a soft spot for Nancy... even though I can't bring myself to watch her right now! She really has her heart in the right place and she has brought a lot of attention to victims of violence.

From reading tweets, sounds like Jose Baez and Mark Garragos are tearing apart the two ex-lawyers on AC 360. Please don't tweet that...not both of them!

I know, right? The way she keeps saying his name makes me think "Taffy", not "Taafe". Which I find appropriate because she is chewing him up. :p

I don't care what anyone says about NG. She's a pit bull and puts posers in their place.

From reading tweets, sounds like Jose Baez and Mark Garragos are tearing apart the two ex-lawyers on AC 360. Please don't tweet that...not both of them!

Both of them were on Anderson Cooper and in agreement on that.

I'm wondering will Zimmerman pull the I'm going to commit suicide card ? Even though it would be very sad to hear this, I'm just wondering if he feels like he is out of options.

Yep, I thought of that, then I wondered if they are possibly gonna go for the "I was insane at the time" defense. Because they sure didn't do GZ any favors otherwise. :moo:

seeing as it is Florida I wasn't sure if they had the same ethical rules as the rest of us! Anyway, I see these rules that may be implicated, confidentiality and extrajudicial statements.

(a) Consent Required to Reveal Information. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to representation of a client except as stated in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), unless the client gives informed consent.

So, they call a presser and first state they no longer represent Zimmerman. Then they proceed to divulge all manner of information about him although they no longer represent him. Also, they announce they are unable to communicate with their client thus precluding the ability of the client to give informed consent.

In short, these guys are bozos.

There's also another provision that I think could be implicated.

(a) Prejudicial Extrajudicial Statements Prohibited. A lawyer shall not make an extrajudicial statement that a reasonable person would expect to be disseminated by means of public communication if the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that it will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding due to its creation of an imminent and substantial detrimental effect on that proceeding.

(b) Statements of Third Parties. A lawyer shall not counsel or assist another person to make such a statement. Counsel shall exercise reasonable care to prevent investigators, employees, or other persons assisting in or associated with a case from making extrajudicial statements that are prohibited under this rule.

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV?Openview&Start=1&Expand=4.3#4.3

Now, I also just read that the lawyers are maybe muddying the waters in terms of whether or not they actually were retained by Zimmerman. I doubt this would work as they were out representing to the public and presumably to the SA that they were representing him.

CNN reporter Ashley Banfield said she was told by Zimmerman's lawyers that he never returned a signed letter affirming the attorneys were representing him.

"They've never been retained. They've never been paid," she said.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17371121/zimmermans-attorneys-have-lost-contact-with-him-withdraw-from-case

I don't get at all where they're going with all this but I'm not putting their number in my Rolodex.

Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

Rally being held for teacher who says she was fired over Trayvon Martin

Posted: 04/10/2012
Last Updated: 52 minutes ago

• By: Tom Wait

PONTIAC, Mich. (WXYZ) - A rally is underway for a teacher who was allegedly fired after her students planned a fundraiser for Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida teen who was shot and killed.

Brooke Harris says she was let go from “Pontiac Academy for Excellence” after her students planned to wear hoodies to school to raise money for Trayvon’s memorial fund...

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...fired-over-trayvon-martin-rally#ixzz1rgkbeD3K

I am surprised Taaffe hasn't mentioned again how George expresses his sincere condolences over the death of Taaffe's 21 year old son three and a half years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member