17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a bit beyond the pale too, but then I noticed halfway through the mocking thing he pulled himself back in and did the rest of the quoting in normal voice.

But I actually thought it was quite funny. It's refreshing when people don't act all completely PC and in control all the time.

BBM

It's refreshing to mock someone who is outraged at the death of an unarmed kid??? Sorry, but that is one case where I think "PC" would be a good thing.

I know you and I both watched the thing "newser" today, and they didn't jump ship. They only said they can't represent themselves as GZ's attorneys because he's ditched them. They were quite clear, several times, that they would be very happy to represent him if he would just contact them.

They didn't jump ship... but they surely didn't do any favors for GZ. If I were GZ, I would be filing a complaint with the Florida Bar! They had no right to say even 98% of what they said in that presser.

MOO

I think they have told Zimmerman he needs to surrender himself and have given him 72 hrs to get back. IMO

I believe that the attorneys felt that George was trying to rip them off. Remember, they went with George's father on Thursday, I think it was, to set up an account at a bank, that would be overseen by George's father, specifically to collect funds from the website they were helping to set up for George. They emphasized in the press conference that they were NOT in any way connected to nor had any power over the funds to be collected nor over the account itself. But, it was kind of clear to me that the purpose of the collection was to garner a pool of money so George could pay his attorneys. Remember, I think it was later that day the lawyers went to New York for numerous TV appearances. They weren't planning on spending their own money for those trips, imo.

When they found out that George had set up his own site to collect money, I think they realized that George was going to try to stiff them.

Whether or not Zimmerman has lawyers or not would have no effect on whether or not an arrest would be made. In fact, Zimmerman doesn't even need the lawyers before an arrest (which imo won't happen) is made.

Anyone think the lawyers quitting is a stall tactic?

I believe that the attorneys felt that George was trying to rip them off. Remember, they went with George's father on Thursday, I think it was, to set up an account at a bank, that would be overseen by George's father, specifically to collect funds from the website they were helping to set up for George. They emphasized in the press conference that they were NOT in any way connected to nor had any power over the funds to be collected nor over the account itself. But, it was kind of clear to me that the purpose of the collection was to garner of pool of money so George could pay his attorneys. Remember, I think it was later that day the lawyers went to New York for numerous TV appearances. They weren't planning on spending their own money for those trips, imo.

When they found out that George had set up his own site to collect money, I think they realized that George was going to try to stiff them.

YUp. This right here.

I think they have told Zimmerman he needs to surrender himself and have given him 72 hrs to get back. IMO

Do you think they would make sure he was arrested before making an announcement that they arrested him? As much as I want Justice for Trayvon, I don't want a crazy mob, of all races, showing up.

MOO

I know you and I both watched the thing "newser" today, and they didn't jump ship. They only said they can't represent themselves as GZ's attorneys because he's ditched them. They were quite clear, several times, that they would be very happy to represent him if he would just contact them.

They haven't talked to him since Saturday so they ditch him because he hasn't contacted them in 2 days? It's bizarre beyond belief.

HI from an Orlando poster. I just needed to say that I see people in hoodies here all the time. It's not at all unusual to see people of varying ages wearing them, especially in the rain
OT but I live just block from where Caylee Anthony was found and from the Anthony home. I was not here during the trial and had no idea I would end up living so close

They didn't jump ship... but they surely didn't do any favors for GZ. If I were GZ, I would be filing a complaint with the Florida Bar! They had no right to say even 98% of what they said in that presser.

MOO

There isn't much the Florida Bar can do, because from what the attorneys said they never had a written agreement. So Zimmerman never officially hired them.

MOO

i dontthink the bar is set too high here in fl. Im sure there isnt anything they did they could actually get in trouble for. from what ive seen here, anyways.

Who would want two lawyers to go on National Television and announce to the world how unstable you are? Two lawyers that were supposed to be representing him? I'm still shocked over the entire news conference.

Taffe, don't wave that police report at me!

FT just said that GZ wants us all to know that he was compliant with the dispatcher's instructions.

ft is still stating that gz was getting his head into the concrete and shot trayvon at close range. per ft on ng

Who would want two lawyers to go on National Television and announce to the world how unstable you are? Two lawyers that were supposed to be representing him? I'm still shocked over the entire news conference.

From the start his supposed choice of a lawyer was surprising to say the least.
And it only went more bizarre from that.

LOL LOL LOL LOL Nancy and Taafe...........:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

There isn't much the Florida Bar can do, because from what the attorneys said they never had a written agreement. So Zimmerman never officially hired them.

Baez just claimed that written agreement is not necessary in the state of FL.
They were introducing themselves as representing Zimmerman.

Even if it were a verbal contract? These lawyers went on television many times proclaiming to be GZ's representation? Why would they do that if they were not representing him? All GZ would have to do is say... yes... they were representing me and giving me legal advice... and they've gone on National television releasing information about my mental state, etc... when they have never even met him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch