17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think that is is a shame that someone died. I feel awful for the family for their loss, but at least let all the facts come out before the electric chair is plugged in.

That is not what TM's mother and father have asked for. They asked for justice. This post is stated as a fact and is misleading. It helps when it's not an opinion to post a link so we can verify but the parents have shared their feelings and nothing is further from the truth. jmo

Wrt GZ's height/weight, in the booking report ( pdf ), he's listed as 5'08" 185lbs.

Speaking of... while you're checking out primary source, as opposed to... say, MSM, who tends to put their own spin on things, you might want to check out the completed police report that includes witness statements. ( pdf ) The names of the witnesses, as well as other private information, has, of course, been redacted.

ETA ~ the above police report only contains identified witnesses (3), which appears, from my read, to be two females and one male.

NB: the above, including other docs are on CNN's site, under "A Collection of Public Documents in Trayvon Martin Shooting" ( link )

I further believe that GZ wasn't completely lying when he said that something like "Tonight you're going to die" was uttered. GZ strikes me as very much living in his own little world and is great at projecting his own stuff on others. I, therefore, believe that it was a grain of truth like there tends to be for most liars, but it was GZ who said it to Trayvon, and it explains the terror filled and anguished cries we heard from Trayvon. GZ was pointing the gun, Trayvon saw it, these words were uttered by GZ. That is also why I think it should have been Murder 1. I am looking forward to the evidence to see if my theory fits.

Well here is a little grain of hope for you to hang onto...as more evidence comes in the charges can always be changed to 1st degree. :cheerful:

? I wonder why? Did I miss something about this judge?

the judge's husband is a partner at MN lawfirm and since Zimmerman contacted MN to be his attorney they don't want there to be a conflict of interest.

? I wonder why? Did I miss something about this judge?
Something about the husband of the judge and his relationship to MN, and GZ asking MN to represent him. I don't know..sounds like MN spoke to O'Mara today.

Something about the husband of the judge and his relationship to MN, and GZ asking MN to represent him. I don't know..sounds like MN spoke to O'Mara today.

It was posted earlier here that the judge's husband is a law firm partner of MN....

and also that MN gave GZ a list of attorneys after he turned him down....so essentially their firm recommended the attorney that GZ hired

jmo

Well, I hope all the known facts are considered before it is decided that GZ's actions are covered by the SYG law. I am not sure that he would be convicted if he went to trial but with the actual facts we have now (which are few) I do not believe Stand Your Ground applies in this case. GZ followed Trayvon. He admits he followed Trayvon.

I would rather see GZ acquitted after a trial than have a judge decide now that it is OK in Florida for a person to actively pursue another person and then shoot their way out of the situation that they initiated. The SYG law states you cannot do that, so if this is thrown out of court before it goes anywhere, heaven help us all.

I respectfully disagree. The act of following does not prove GZ was the aggressor. In fact, according to the law, as explained by Richard Hornsby, one can use deadly force if a person they provoke responds with disproportionate force. IMO

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

A feeling I have is there is a camp that has already triad Zimmerman,
they will say he has too much money in his canteen, does not need bond,
He is guilty just because he got out of the car, end of story.

I pray that the justice system will do much much better than that. :please:

I am very eager for some of the facts that we do not have. I heard enough opinions :twocents:

And I pray :please: that Trayvon and his family get justice. Since justice is subjective, I am just gonna say that justice to me would be life without parole. If someone wants to profile, hunt, and kill black kids then I don't want them in my society.

In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member