17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/330...essica-recksiedler-kenneth-lester-replace.htm

But any change of presiding judge can result in certain proceedings having to be re-held, changes in strategy on behalf of both defense attorneys and prosecutors and more.
The fallout of Judge Jessica Recksiedler's being replaced by Judge Kenneth R. Lester in the George Zimmerman will be seen as the trial proceeds.

bbm A change in a judge is a change in strategy. hmmm

We all seem to be going around and around and I know we'll never see eye to eye, but it does not matter if he did not have a tramatic brain injury, only that he feared for his life.

If the forensic evidence backs up his story that he was on his back, and fired at close range with a trajectory consistent with being straddled, AND he has some visible injuries (which I have no doubt that the police photographed), he will be able to argue that HE felt his life was in danger and had the right do defend himself with deadly force.

If the forensic evidence shows that he shot TM while they were both standing, or at a distance further than a foot or so, so while TM was on the ground and GZ was not, then I say lock him up for a long time.

I am paitently awaiting for further evidence, and if I dont get that until the trial, I am ok with that. I am merely a spectator.

See this is the question I have about no arrest. Would photos and xrays be taken for evidence if there was no arrest? Or is evidence needed if all you have to do is say "I felt my life was in danger" I agree with you, I am also
waiting patiently for more evidence.

I've never heard of any police detective just halting and abandoning an investigation due to cold and rainy weather!!

Then again, the SPD didn't seem to have much interest in an investigation to begin with. IMO

SPD may have formed an opinion as soon as they arrived on the scene.

I've never heard of any police detective just halting and abandoning an investigation due to cold and rainy weather!!

Then again, the SPD didn't seem to have much interest in an investigation to begin with. IMO
Although water is a destructive force, they'd put up easy-ups as they're called(portable tents) to cover up the body/surrounding evidence.

judgelester.jpg

Ken Lester named new judge in Zimmerman murder case

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...prosecutor-angela-corey-murder-case-new-judge

Nothing against the previous judge, but it's good to see that a very experienced judge will be handling this very difficult case.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Although water is a destructive force, they'd put up easy-ups as they're called(portable tents) to cover up the body/surrounding evidence.

Yes. We've all seen it here at WS. At times we've seen it go down live. I've seen bodies lay out in the elements for an entire day on live feed. It is mind boggling to me that a homicide scene was cleared and everyone out of there by the time Trayvon's parents got home from dinner. It just does not happen that quick!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ws-article-1.1063745?localLinksEnabled=falseA friend of Zimmerman’s told the Daily News that Zimmerman has graphic photos he took of his own face showing serious injuries.

I guess there are pictures.

You (the media) are going to feel pretty stupid when you see them,” he said. “Soon enough everyone will see the damage this kid did to his head. A lot of people are going to have egg on their faces.

Is the SPD report the same report that said GZ was wearing a 'red' jacket? (I know there were conversations on the accuracy of that).

I guess what I'm asking is, how much accuracy are we putting in the SPD report?

I really don't know. Until the SPD report came out and was largely confirmed by SFD Fire and Rescue, I was going on what Tracy Martin said. With this info, it seems to me to be the safest bet.

I just know it would be a pretty sorry state of affairs if the police department AND the fire department were both telling us wrong. :banghead:

According to Weather Underground, it'd been alternating between light rain and overcast all afternoon and into the evening. Unfortunately, they only have once an hour observations: http://www.wunderground.com/history...ty=Sanford&req_state=FL&req_statename=Florida

Later, at 10:35 it went to heavy rain and then at least until 10:53 is listed just as rain. Maybe that is why any investigation seemed to be cut short? If they'd gathered what they could and any additional evidence may have gotten rained out, the police may have decided to get out of that mess. The temperature was down to 64 and heavy rain at that temp is no fun even if it's not truly cold!

I started reading your post and my first thought was "The Weather Underground?" Are they still around? I am OLD!!! I guess it was all the talk about the sixties and activist groups. :floorlaugh:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/330...essica-recksiedler-kenneth-lester-replace.htm

But any change of presiding judge can result in certain proceedings having to be re-held, changes in strategy on behalf of both defense attorneys and prosecutors and more.
The fallout of Judge Jessica Recksiedler's being replaced by Judge Kenneth R. Lester in the George Zimmerman will be seen as the trial proceeds.

bbm A change in a judge is a change in strategy. hmmm

BBM

:waitasec:

What am I missing? It doesn't say that a change in a judge is a change in strategy, it says that 'any' change 'can' result in a change in strategy, as well as it 'can' result in certain proceeding having to be reheld. Sounds like nothing more than an opinion, speaking in generalities.

It also said this is the article;

"The impacts of this change are not expected to be very far-reaching, as the trial has just begun and Judge Jessica Recksiedler was just named to the Trayvon Martin shooting case after George Zimmerman was arrested and charged with second-degree murder last week."

JMHO

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ws-article-1.1063745?localLinksEnabled=falseA friend of Zimmerman’s told the Daily News that Zimmerman has graphic photos he took of his own face showing serious injuries.

I guess there are pictures.

You (the media) are going to feel pretty stupid when you see them,” he said. “Soon enough everyone will see the damage this kid did to his head. A lot of people are going to have egg on their faces.
Who took the photos and when? I'd give them a lot more credibility if they were taken by medical staff or LE, and not of some self-inflicted or doctored photos after the fact...

born and raised in Polk County!

re the new judge - is he good?

I'm a Bartow kid - but I left there in 1972 and never moved back, though I still have family down there.

I only know what I've read here about the new judge. If I remember correctly from reading the list of judges posted the other day, he's the most experienced judge in that Seminole County circuit. On one level I am happy to see a very experienced judge for this case. On another level, given the histroy of Sanford, I hope he doesn't carry some of the prejudices that seem to be common in the county.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/18/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83H17Q20120418

Police released Zimmerman, saying they found no probable cause to arrest him based on his account of self-defense.

I believe this article is inaccurate in two ways:

1. I understand that the police wanted to arrest him, but it was the DA that said no.
2. Self Defence is not a reason to not arrest him, only SYG.

Maybe I am nit-picking, but that sentence would be more accurate if it read "Police released Zimmerman, saying the DA found no probable cause to arrest him based on his account of Stand your Ground.

I want to comment on the part you bolded. Even if the forensic evidence backs up his story that GZ was on his back and fired at close range, etc..etc....It still doesn't mean that gave him the right to kill TM or defend himself with deadly force.

What if GZ pulled his gun on TM and was going to shoot him and THEN TM jumped on him to stand his own ground? There are parts of this story that keep getting glossed over, and once again, some are forgetting about the VICTIM in this case, and his rights to defend himself.

(I realize that you said "if" but I am just giving "ifs" on the other side-the side of the victim)

Have you ever heard of anyone jumping towards a person that had a gun pointed at them? That is not a normal reaction. People freeze when someone is pointing a gun at them. IMO

Wanted to answer a question Mommakk51 has in the last thread, she was asking about the 00.80 AMA Alert charge on GZ booking record. I just asked a police officer what that meant, his answer

00.80 - AMA Alert - prisoner is a serious danger to self (suicide watch).

Exactly - and remember, Tracy Martin said by the time he got home around 11 there was no sign anything had happened.

I started reading your post and my first thought was "The Weather Underground?" Are they still around? I am OLD!!! I guess it was all the talk about the sixties and activist groups. :floorlaugh:

I always thought that was a poor name for their site also.

Have you ever heard of anyone jumping towards a person that had a gun pointed at them? That is not a normal reaction. People freeze when someone is pointing a gun at them. IMO

Magnolia, We all went through this a few days ago where I argued the same thing you are. Seems there are a lot of people here that would rush someone with a gun. I personally would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay