17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have the SYG hearing to go through yet. Mr. De la Rionda had a right to be touchy. MOM tried to turn it into a trial hearing because he wanted information. If the judge did not stop MOM he obviously could get away with what he was trying to do, which was to extract info from Mr. Gilbreath before discovery starts which will probably be after the SYG hearing. Mr. O'Mara did not win anything. As the judge said this is all standard. Mr. GZ is no different than any other defendant in his court. jmo

I believe the reason MOM went through the probable cause affidavit with the investigator, and poked many holes in it (IMO) was to show the judge how weak the states case is (IMO) and justify a lower bail amount.

I've seen no reliable information to date, to indicate that GZ has claimed this; only that he was attacked and felt he had to shoot in self-defense, believing his life to be in danger. JMO

Do you not see GZ's Dad and brother as reliable. I hope the jury will agree with you.

The SA said the witness saw shadows running from NEAR to TM's home to where the shooting took place. And so I asked WHY TM ran away from his home, meaning NEAR HIS HOME, and went the opposite direction.

If he was already near home then why go the other way?

From the statement Gilbreath gave it appears LE's belief is that GZ may have standing between TM and the condo where TM was staying. Rather than run towards GZ TM chose to run back in the other direction he just came from. This would explain the timeline and how his body was found so far from the cut through. jmo

I believe the reason MOM went through the probable cause affidavit with the investigator, and poked many holes in it (IMO) was to show the judge how weak the states case is (IMO) and justify a lower bail amount.

And to get as much info as he could for the SYG hearing because IMO the state will not be giving them anything before. jmo

MOM thought GZ bond should have been 15k, the state thought it should be a million. It turned out to be 10x what the defense wanted and 7x less then what the State wanted.

katydid23

"So he cocked his gun and went looking for TM in his home, but the door was locked?"
I'm with Just K @ post #242. "Also, I paid very close attention to the metal clicking and knocking noises and the time between them. It is my belief that at the time of these noises or very soon thereafter that someone else is in the company of GZ or at least close enough that the voice whispering is picked up by GZ's cellphone.
It is my opinion that GZ, had help to corner and possible detain or assist in the surveillance of TM." I heard the background voices. My guess is one of them was Martin and Zimmerman had him in his sight by the end of the 911 call.

I posted this before. Where did Trayvon go when George lost sight of him? Where did he hide? I think he made it home and came back out to confront George. I also think he could have been lying in wait to jump George.

And to get as much info as he could for the SYG hearing because IMO the state will not be giving them anything before. jmo

Will there be discovery before the SYG hearing? I have to think that GZ would be entitled to any evidence that could be used to show he was standing his ground. Unless there is no evidence involved with the SYG hearing. I dont know but I would like to.

Yep. On the 911, Zimmerman wouldn't commit to going back to his car or mailbox. He was about to, but changed his mind. That's why he told 911 to have LE just call him once they arrived.

GZ knew he was going "hunting," and was set to go wherever his continued search for Trayvon took him.

I also believe those are gun clicks also at the end of that 911 call -- precisely when he's implying that he won't be returning to his car (so LE should call his cellphone to find him).

Zimmerman's own words convey that he was not heading back to his car. I hope the audio technology can confirm that clicking sound in the background of his 911 call.

Also, one resident saw GZ doing something with his hands on TM's dead body. IMO, he was looking for evidence of theft, but found nothing. He seemed certain he'd caught a thief.

Something occurs to me re: the BBM above:
If, indeed the cellphone that GZ made those calls on (the non-emergency call to SPD and the one right after shooting Trayvon)
was an IPHONE then his every step can be tracked. Those phones can pinpoint a person down to distance in feet. (Fingers crossed that thing to his ear was an IPhone.)

Just to add: Maybe Trayvon had a phone with these same attributes.

If they both did then we would have a very clear picture of the path that brought these two face to face.

For less than two minutes? I'm not saying it's impossible, but maybe improbable.

You can put a cell call on hold:
Hold call
How to put a call on hold and return to it
To put a call on hold and return to it, follow these steps:
To hold
While on a call, press the Menu key.
Touch Hold.
To return
While on hold, press the Menu key.
Touch Unhold.
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3963#Hold_call

Maybe that is what was happening?

Here is a concise listing of that call log, in order:
Trayvon’s call log.
From http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/call+log.pdf

02/26/2012
11:13 Hollywood text
11:15 North Dade text
11:18 North Dade text
01:30 Miami text
02:20 Incoming 3
02:38 Incoming 103
02:45 Incoming 2
03:02 Incoming 2
03:04 Incoming 3
04:08 North Dade text
04:28 North Dade Incoming 41
05:09 North Dade Incoming 81
06:30 North Dade Incoming 13
06:41 Incoming 4
06:45 North Dade Incoming 5
06:46 North Dade Incoming 2
06:49 Incoming 4
06:53 North Dade Incoming 1
06:54 North Dade Incoming 1
06:54 Incoming 18
07:04 Incoming 1
07:12 Incoming 4

03/02/2012
12:45 Emergency 1
12:45 Incoming 1
12:47 Incoming 1

Sorry about the formatting, but it does help to have it pared down. Not all the calls have a origin/destination entered (all places were FL, I just left that off for brevity). If we accept what has been previously reported, that the times are Eastern, the girlfriend's calls are among those with no origin.

This is Trayvon's call log - on page 3 near the bottom it says "Welcome, tracy". I think we're seeing more than one search - first the calls the evening of 2/26 after 7 PM. Then the "Most recent activity" which ends with a choice of pages 1-5 with 1 being the active page. In fact, the text message listing may be part of a separate search since the header above it lists 135 text messages.

Then there is the Download Calls/Print Calls underneath which is the PST time notation that is confusing, followed by Your Usage History with a time frame that ends on 2/24 - that is not part of any of the calls in the logs since it does not include 2/26. I wonder if the previous search ended with the page listing and this snippet is part of an effort to see what was included in the Usage History?

I believe pages 6 and 7 are another search - page 7 is headed with All Recent History and by all rights, page 6 should follow it. If the order of those two pages are flipped, all the calls after 5 on 2/26 are listed in reverse order.

I agree with you that the PST notation on that one page is confusing, but if you look at this group of pages as being a number of different searches, that could possibly apply to only one of the searches.

IMO, JMO, etc.

What would be the point of withholding information? Why wouldn't the probable cause affidavit mention that GZ gave different versions of his story? Seems if they wanted the $1M bail they requested, they would have included that claim.

The versions came from his family, did they not??? We've already gotten information we did not know about from the investigator. There was a witness who saw two people running past her condo. If this lady's condo is closer to where TM lived and down by the break in the homes there is a problem because it does not match GZ's story. I think MOM would want to know that. jmo

I posted this before. Where did Trayvon go when George lost sight of him? Where did he hide? I think he made it home and came back out to confront George. I also think he could have been lying in wait to jump George.

I think thats a possibility also. There was just too much time for anything else.

That is not consistent with the phone call information from TM's gf.

If he were going to initiate a call longer than say, 2 minutes, it would make more sense to hang up with one person and call them back. If the calls were not merged, who would sit on the phone in dead silence for longer than that?

Somebody that would talk to their boyfriend for an hour and forty three minutes?:doorhide:

Injuries don't have to be life-threatening to invoke SYG.

Absolutely true. However, if you claim to police that your head was being banged into the concrete and you were beaten nearly unconcsious, but they find that to be not true, those fabrications hurt your invoking of SYG.

Will there be discovery before the SYG hearing? I have to think that GZ would be entitled to any evidence that could be used to show he was standing his ground. Unless there is no evidence involved with the SYG hearing. I dont know but I would like to.

For the SYG hearing the burden of proof is on the defendant...not the state. jmo

Something occurs to me re: the BBM above:
If, indeed the cellphone that GZ made those calls on (the non-emergency call to SPD and the one right after shooting Trayvon)
was an IPHONE then his every step can be tracked. Those phones can pinpoint a person down to distance in feet. (Fingers crossed that thing to his ear was an IPhone.)

Just to add: Maybe Trayvon had a phone with these same attributes.

If they both did then we would have a very clear picture of the path that brought these two face to face.

Could be true of TM's phone also. To me the one in the photo of GZ looked like a Blackberry to me, but I could very well be wrong.

That's been reported from the start. 13 year old was walking his dog, saw one man on the ground screaming for help, the dog run away and 13 year old run after the dog. Then he and his sister (I believe) called 911.

Sorry, but I don't remember hearing about this. I surely don't remember listening to a 911 call from them and I listened to all that were released. Can anyone give a link?

I can't be losing my memory so bad when I'm only 40, right? :)

If Trayvon made it all the way home, GZ should have been long gone at that point.

He made it home and didn't come back out with any sort of knife/weapon, didn't put the tea and skittles down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time