17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, why would he need to? Why wouldn't he just call "John" to the stand?

I'm fairly confident Phoenix is just using that as an example to better articulate his question.

It was not a judge that decided not to file charges against GZ initially, it was Mr. Wolfinger, SA. Once GZ was charged he is entitled to ask for a SYG hearing to be heard by the judge. SA could have made that decision and not charged GZ if the evidence showed GZ was telling the truth. For some reason SA feels GZ's statement is not consistent with the evidence for they filed 2nd degree murder charges, which is more than any of us here expected. Most thought it would be manslaughter. jmo

For some reason? And political pressure doesn't have anything to do with any of it?

Nope. Just means to make it attractive and pretty. You can embellish and tell the truth at the same time. It's all about word choice and how you phrase it.

So you think his brother wanted an adult being in diapers and being spoon fed for life to be seen as something attractive and pretty?

I understand that the burden is on the defendant, but if the state has evidence to show that he was standing his ground, would he not be entitled to it?

--possibly answered by now but..

--from 15 days of charging george, the SA has to hand over ALL of the discovery/evidence they have to date to the defense, and keep on doing so as they get more in...( whether it's good, bad or ugly for the defendant.)

Maybe Zimmerman was attacked by a mysterious gunman, too. Even Cutcher, who was allegedly right there, didn't know Zimmerman was the shooter.

:what: A mysterious gunman ? what does that have to do with someone not understanding the gravity of the situation ?
Did this guy just come out, not ask any questions and say hey let me get some pics while I'm here !
Wouldn't he have asked GZ what the he!! was going on before snapping away ?

Nope. Just means to make it attractive and pretty. You can embellish and tell the truth at the same time. It's all about word choice and how you phrase it.

When you use the word embellish to describe a story it usually means adding fictitious details. lol

So you think his brother wanted and adult being in diapers and being spoon fed for life to be seen as something attractive and pretty?
Attractive for Zimmerman's defense story, yes. I think you understand what I'm saying.

Imagine a person's brother fell down and hit their head on the pavement.

"He banged his head on some concrete"

versus

"He banged his head on some concrete so hard that my brother, you know, thought he may have wound up in diapers or something."

They're both truthful retellings of the event. One just has more of an attempted appeal to emotion in it. I won't go into the morality or ethics of any of it, though.

Did Richard Hornsby just say that LE in general is racist?

In my line of work, it is clear that LE more frequently interact with African Americans as if they are suspicious or committing a crime, when compared to their interactions with Caucasians.

:what: A mysterious gunman ? what does that have to do with someone not understanding the gravity of the situation ?
Did this guy just come out, not ask any questions and say hey let me get some pics while I'm here !

He probably did ask. But that's neither here nor there.
Again, nowdays people take videos and photos of everything. I have no clue why the fact that this person took a photo surprises anyone.

When you use the word embellish to describe a story it usually means adding fictitious details. lol

embellish [ɪmˈbɛlɪʃ]
vb (tr)
1. to improve or beautify by adding detail or ornament; adorn
2. to make (a story) more interesting by adding detail

I feel that's exactly what the brother did.

Speculation based on fact........... how many more times can I say that. I feel like I'm chasing a story of alien abduction and trying to find the space ship.

WE can speculate based on fact or we can change this thread to fact only no opinion no speculation........

Post links to support your speculation or opinion.

Why would he need to? Why wouldn't he just call "John" to the stand and get his answers from the horses mouth?

Why? Because the statements were made the night of the incident and someone called to the stand may not be able to remember the details as clearly, or even worse, they may have changed their story from the time of the incident to the time of the hearing.

Someone may have perceived Zimmerman as an additional victim of whoever shot Martin. As I stated, Cutcher and her friend didn't think Zimmerman was the shooter initially, either. One of them stood on the porch watching him. It's not a far stretch to think that you hear a gunshot, see someone without a gun, you assume they're a victim, too. Generally people that shoot other people run away.

I feel that's exactly what the brother did.

Awww, you left off part of that definition

"Make (a statement or story) more interesting or entertaining by adding extra details, esp. ones that are not true."

Awww, you left off part of that definition

"Make (a statement or story) more interesting or entertaining by adding extra details, esp. ones that are not true."

I did?

Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 10.34.58 PM.png

Please highlight the area I omitted.

Also, "especially" does not make that dependent clause mandatory.

Phoenix I believe all witnesses might be deposed. I'm not familiar with SYG but generally before court process the witnessed are deposed and any inconsistencies are challenged at that time.

Maybe we can ask a lawyer when they come on. Of course the state and the defense both have to share discovery during whatever calendar is set by the judge.

Ok, poor example on my part. I'll stick to the facts of the case. Will GZ be able to obtain a copy of John's witness statement and enter it as evidence in the SYG hearing?

I'm not sure John's statement will help him prove SYG. John did not see the initial encounter only them on the ground. Just because he observed GZ on the bottom does not mean GZ was not the aggressor. It could very well be presented that TM was defending himself and trying to get away. John hightailed it into the house and locked the door behind him. Don't think he observed too much and was more worried about his own safety. So how good of a witness will he be??? jmo

--possibly answered by now but..

--from 15 days of charging george, the SA has to hand over ALL of the discovery/evidence they have to date to the defense, and keep on doing so as they get more in...( whether it's good, bad or ugly for the defendant.)

Thank you so much! That is what I was wondering. Those 15 days should be up this week, shouldn't they?

That is not consistent with the phone call information from TM's gf.

Why not? It's consistent with the 911 tapes. I don't think his girlfriend will make a good witness. Actually she saw nothing. She can't testify to anything he did.

Why would he need to? Why wouldn't he just call "John" to the stand and get his answers from the horses mouth?

Why the heck would a defense attorney ever hear a witnesses testimony for the first time during a trial? Are you serious? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Of course he needs to get a copy of his statement first or depose him first, before he ever dares gets him on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn