17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure John's statement will help him prove SYG. John did not see the initial encounter only them on the ground. Just because he observed GZ on the bottom does not mean GZ was not the aggressor. It could very well be presented that TM was defending himself and trying to get away. John hightailed it into the house and locked the door behind him. Don't think he observed too much and was more worried about his own safety. So how good of a witness will he be??? jmo

Again, prosecution will have to prove Zimmerman's story is false (beyond a reasonable doubt) at trial. At least in theory that's how it should work.
John says he observed something that supports Zimmerman version of the story.
The prosecution will have to prove that wrong.

I'm not sure John's statement will help him prove SYG. John did not see the initial encounter only them on the ground. Just because he observed GZ on the bottom does not mean GZ was not the aggressor. It could very well be presented that TM was defending himself and trying to get away. John hightailed it into the house and locked the door behind him. Don't think he observed too much and was more worried about his own safety. So how good of a witness will he be??? jmo

He will make an excellent witness to Trayvon being on top beating George. He also said George was the one screaming. He also knows that George did not slam his own head into the pathway.

Why? Because the statements were made the night of the incident and someone called to the stand may not be able to remember the details as clearly, or even worse, they may have changed their story from the time of the incident to the time of the hearing.

Also, an attorney's first rule, NEVER ask a witness a question that you do not already know the answer to.

Speculation based on fact........... how many more times can I say that. I feel like I'm chasing a story of alien abduction and trying to find the space ship.

WE can speculate based on fact or we can change this thread to fact only no opinion no speculation........

Post links to support your speculation or opinion.

I think I found the spaceship :)

:abduction:

Why not? It's consistent with the 911 tapes. I don't think his girlfriend will make a good witness. Actually she saw nothing. She can't testify to anything he did.

She was talking to him on the phone. She can testify to what she heard. What she heard differs from GZ's story about their confrontation. She did not know about his statement and GZ did not know about her conversation with TM. I think her statements will be very powerful. jmo

Why not? It's consistent with the 911 tapes. I don't think his girlfriend will make a good witness. Actually she saw nothing. She can't testify to anything he did.

She came to a grand jury and apparently did just fine. She will be ready when the time comes. She will again do just fine. IMO.

<Mod Snip> The times I am using are from the call log of GZ's call that night that were included in GZ's 911 call history released by Sanford on their website.

Since there is no certainty on everyone's clocks, watches or phone being on the same time, when I can for my timeline speculations, I have tried to use the Sanford Police Department call logs. I figure they are more likely to keep those clocks synchronized to each other than any other source would.

A personal note about myself - I am going in for my first knee replacement May 15. So I will be more and more distracted and less able to participate over the next three weeks, then I'll be completely gone for a while, though I hope I can get online and read some of the threads.

As soon as I heal from the first knee replacement, I will be going back for the second, hopefully sometime in August or September. So the rest of this year will be pretty much trashed. I will be thinking of all of you, but don't know if I will be around much at all.

I wish you all the best on your future knee replacement. My husband had one knee done and then the next year the other. He says that it is the best thing he ever did. His new knee's feel great. So good luck with the surgery and work hard in rehab afterwards, it helps so much. TC

She came to a grand jury and apparently did just fine. She will be ready when the time comes. She will again do just fine. IMO.

What grand jury? There was no grand jury.

I think I found the spaceship :)

:abduction:

This is what is going to happen if Gram has to keep chasing alien speculations

picture.php

He will make an excellent witness to Trayvon being on top beating George. He also said George was the one screaming.

I don't recall any witnesses stating they were beating each other. What was reported is that they appeared to be wrestling. If TM were trying to get away and GZ was holding onto him it could appear as if they were wrestling. In any case Gilbreath mentioned TM's body as evidence. The bullet track will tell a story or two. John can't testify that GZ was screaming because he claims GZ was calling for help. For all we know GZ wanted John to get TM off of him so he could get up and hold onto TM until LE arrived. GZ already had all the help he needed.....he had the gun. If TM managed to get far enough away from GZ that he had started to stand when he was shot....it's all over for Mr. Z. Those 911 screams tell me TM knew GZ had a gun and was trying to get away from him. jmo

Hello, SHE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM!!!!! She can be a witness to anything she HEARD that night. She doesn't have to have been right there with him! She will make a good witness because what she heard was RIGHT BEFORE he got shot! I am not throwing her out as a witness because she wasn't right there at the scene with him. Thank GOD she wasn't or she might have gotten shot too!

Hello, SHE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM!!!!! She can be a witness to anything she HEARD that night. She doesn't have to have been right there with him! She will make a good witness because what she heard was RIGHT BEFORE he got shot! I am not throwing her out as a witness because she wasn't right there at the scene with him. Thank GOD she wasn't or she might have gotten shot too!

She can say what Trayvon said, but she might not be believed. There is no proof that is what he said. There is no recording. As a juror, I wouldn't put much stock into what she says.

I would believe the 911 tapes first.

She can say what Trayvon said, but she might not be believed.

Why NOT? What reason on this earth would make her not believable? Am I in the Twilight Zone? Because that is what this feels like. She was on the phone with him, and will relay what he said. She has absolutely no reason to lie here. I don't understand at all how she could be a bad witness. And what, GZ's family and friends make perfect witnesses?

She can say what Trayvon said, but she might not be believed.

--true, the jury can give "little weight" "a lot of weight" or "no weight at all" to testimony from any witness.

--they may not believe a single word of what george has to say either.

-or francis taaffe..or robZ Jr...

She can say what Trayvon said, but she might not be believed. There is no proof that is what he said. There is no recording. As a juror, I wouldn't put much stock into what she says.

I would believe the 911 tapes first.

I think that is what a jury or if no jury a judge does. Choose to believe or not, they weigh the testimony.

What grand jury? There was no grand jury.
Sorry about that....she was called and gave her testimony to the special prosecutor and others...in the days before charges were filed. She will do just fine at trial.

What would be the point of withholding information? Why wouldn't the probable cause affidavit mention that GZ gave different versions of his story? Seems if they wanted the $1M bail they requested, they would have included that claim.

Agree. I'd really liked to have seen SA go a step further. Might have convinced the judge to set a more significant bail amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz