17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the judge made a statement that bail decisions are pretty standard, this case is no different than any other. If he set his bail too high GZ would have a reasonable complaint. He's not special. He's no different than anyone else in that position. To make him so would be with prejudice. jmo

If the state met the Arthur standard, he could have been held without bond. This would imply, however, that the state does not feel he's a legitimate danger to others. Or that they don't have enough to prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to a judge.

JMO

"Hang up."
smiley_on_the_phone.gif

"You hang up first."
smiley_on_the_phone.gif

"No! You hang up first!" :phone:

"We'll hang up on 3! 1! 2! 3!" :phone:

"You didn't hang up!" :phone:

"You didn't hang up, either!" :phone:

:floorlaugh:

"He was recognized by the city for his efforts, his mother said."

I would like to know if this is true, has anyone found anything that supports GZ was recognized by the city/mayor for his efforts ?
Is there any articles in any newspapers about it or news online ?
Is all we have GZ's word that this actually happened ?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/20/justice/florida-zimmerman-details/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

No but in the link provided, it states...

He was recognized by the city for his efforts, his mother said.

CNN has not been able to confirm Zimmerman's participation in the campaign.

~jmo~

If she lied under oath, the state could charge her with perjury.

It wouldn't be a lie if she believed it to be true or was just retelling a story that had been told to her. It would simply be a mother taking her son's or someone's word for this story.

The witness "John" called 911 from upstairs in his apartment. Would it be reasonable to say that he may have then came out on his upstairs balcony and taken that photo since it happened by his back porch directly UNDER the balcony?

JMO-IMO-IMHO-MOO ' n stuff.

It was dark out. What kind of picture would he get from the second floor? That picture looks as if it was taken a foot or two away because of the glare on his head. I don't know... jmo

If she lied under oath, the state could charge her with perjury.

If all she has is GZ's word and of course she believes him, that does not mean George didn't lie about it, its no skin off her nose, but for GZ it's not so good. :moo:

Prosecutors have also located a witness near the site of the shooting who described seeing the shadows of two men pass by her home, one chasing the other, immediately before Martin was killed. The pursuit, in the direction of Martin's home, indicates that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation, Gilbreath said, under questioning from Rionda.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing_n_1440175.html

But that contradicts what De La Rionda asked at the hearing and that Gilbreath agreed to:
DE LA RIONDA: Mr. Zimmerman never claimed that he chased - in terms of 'ran after - Mr. Martin?

GILBREATH: No.

DE LA RIONDA: But you still have, is it not true, a witness who describes someone chasing another person from the area where they ended up... in other words, from where, near where Mr. Martin lived to the area where the murder happened?

GILBREATH: Yes.

Found by HiHater and quoted in post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7820081&postcount=452"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30[/ame]
Not part of the CNN transcript. It can be viewed here:
http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

Starts at about 1:47:30 mark

I suspect we'll hear a LOT more from this witness at the SYG hearing!

IMO, JMO, etc.

I can't find Grandmaj's posts right now about Trayvon's girlfriend but we were plainly told to be very careful about how this little girl is discussed.

~jmo~

Locked in you say? You betcha! They're locked right into this case with a defense whose core says George Zimmerman got out of his vehicle at [2:08] and followed Trayvon Martin until the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that" at [2:26].

The State is also locked into George's claim of additionally walking, what would have required no more than 80 feet to the front of the next building, for an address or street sign

The State is further locked into, the defense's stated position of what's now record in this case, that George Zimmerman then turned around and was walking back to his car when he was brutally attacked by an unarmed 17 year old kid.

Is the State locked into that position taken by the defense in this bond hearing? You bet they are, as evidenced by the following exchange:

Is that's the State's ONLY evidence? All these geniuses in the media that see the simplicity of this Investigator's truthful reply as a negative, need to get out a calculator for a little arithmetic.

If you leave your car and walk somewhere for EIGHTEEN SECONDS, how long will it take you to walk BACK to your car?

Plus

How long does it take to walk EIGHTY additional feet for an address?

:waiting:

Add all that together and understand that is the timeline where George Zimmerman initially, and now his brilliant attorney, have told the world that this "attack" occurred leading to his justification in killing an unarmed 17 year old kid. Less than ONE MINUTE after George got out of his vehicle and started following Trayvon, his story calls for being "attacked". How long do you think it will take a jury to glance at a transcript of the 911 call and realize that George was still TALKING TO THE DISPATCHER two minutes after he got out of his vehicle?

How long do you think it will take a jury to recognize that Trayvon's body was found TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE FEET away from George's vehicle?

Is that all the State's got? Probably not, but what else do they need to prove George Zimmerman is a LIAR?
There are those pesky little facts again. :nono: We can't have that, Papa...it makes too much sense. :ignore:

--it's what the defense "may" do to her.

--try to trip her up and twist her words, or, they may choose to "not be the bad guy to a young girl" and have her on and off the stand in a jiffy.

--i'm counting on the SA to elicit her truthful testimony, the jury will see it through the eyes of trayvon, and she will be the--rightfully so-- star witness.

That's the only thing that worries me is the defense. O'Mara is competent. I hope she is prepared thoroughly for her testimony. I know it would be him doing his job, but the thought of O'Mara making her cry or twisting her words - she's only a teenage girl - just makes me upset. I hope the jury sees through any attack O'Mara may do to her and not just throw out her testimony altogether. Her testimony is very important, and something the jury needs to hear and consider, IMO.

It's hearsay. There was no witness to the phone call. I would give her testimony little weight. She is not an independent witness. She has a dog in this race.

BBM

I wonder, however, if she will be used as a sort of outcry witness since there are time-stamped and dated phone records that prove they were on the phone together just prior to the shooting?

If the state met the Arthur standard, he could have been held without bond. This would imply, however, that the state does not feel he's a legitimate danger to others. Or that they don't have enough to prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to a judge.

JMO

Yes, and he admitted he shot TM and did turn himself in. jmo

Just the fact that a 4 minute phone call existed and ended seconds before he was shot, is pretty compelling evidence, in and of itself, that it's unlikely one of the parties on the call was chatting while repeatedly smashing someone's head on a sidewalk OR holding their hands over someone's mouth and nose using their FULL body weight.

I've watched a lot of the world's true bad azzes, from Joe Fraizer to Mike Tyson, put brutal beatings on their opponents in the ring. Never saw one of em chatting on the phone while doing so.

Although the call could have stayed connected without the person chatting. Earlier we had discussed the idea that TN's headset may have fallen out in the scuffle.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But that contradicts what De La Rionda asked at the hearing and that Gilbreath agreed to:

Found by HiHater and quoted in post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

I suspect we'll hear a LOT more from this witness at the SYG hearing!

IMO, JMO, etc.

How does that contradict the question? I'm not following you.

Of course GZ never mentioned or admitted to chasing or running after TM.

He was too busy walking back to his car a few minutes earlier, remember? :rocker:

BBM

I wonder, however, if she will be used as a sort of outcry witness since there are time-stamped and dated phone records that prove they were on the phone together just prior to the shooting?

Exactly...as CP just said above, her testimony and the proof of the phone calls is very important to the timeline and very easily shows that GZ is lying about what he was doing at the time...IMO

Yes, and he admitted he shot TM and did turn himself in. jmo
I'm not sure I follow what this has to do with the state not seeking to hold Zimmerman without bond. If he committed one of a few violent felonies (one of which is murder), the state can request he be remanded without bond if the state can show that there is very little doubt he committed the crime (proof evident, presumption great). In fact, that was the entire point of the bond hearing. It's obviously not all that cut-and-dried.

Going for that root canal now...see ya later, all.

We are to believe that in almost 5 years of marriage, Zimmerman's wife has never seen him angry?

I think that statement by her counts as lying under oath.

ETA: To make it worse, it's lying about something stupid. If people cannot be honest about small things, they'll have no problem lying about big things.

JMO IMO MOO

No but in the link provided, it states...

He was recognized by the city for his efforts, his mother said.

CNN has not been able to confirm Zimmerman's participation in the campaign.

~jmo~

Thanks Adrienne, wow, can you imagine GZ sitting there knowing that was a lie and here's his mom repeating it for all the world to hear ? He has got to know that reporters and others are gonna check it out. Did he get a certificate or the key to the city or something that states why he was being recognized ? I would think he would have something to prove it IMO

Thanks Adrienne, wow, can you imagine GZ sitting there knowing that was a lie and here's his mom repeating it for all the world to hear ? He has got to know that reporters and others are gonna check it out. Did he get a certificate or the key to the city or something that states why he was being recognized ? I would think he would have something to prove it IMO
CNN not being able to confirm it is not the same as CNN confirming he was not involved.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members