17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly what the investigator said.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

(Unidentified male is DE LA RIONDA:)

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

GILBREATH: Yes.

then under questioning from OMara

a commerical break then they pick back up on what is being said. ( ) are my words.

GILBREATH: Managed to scoot away from the concrete sidewalk and that is at that point is when the shooting subsequently followed. That is not consistent with the evidence we found.

O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was. (he does not say they are consistent with Georges story of getting his head beat over and over on the cement which is Georges story.?

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be.

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

and on cross

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he also not state that at some point, he the defendant -- did he not state or claim that the victim in this case, Mr. Martin, put both hands one over his mouth and one over his nose so that he couldn't breathe?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And all of sudden that's when he was able to get free and grab the gun. Or I'm sorry, Martin was grabbing for the gun, did he not claim that too at some point. climb that?

From he slurring words on the 911 tape I believe it was George who was planning on teaching a lesson that night. IMO

I have listened to the call over and over again and for the life of me I don't hear a slurring of words. In fact, I'm going to go listen one more time to see if I've missed something.

Based on what evidence, may I ask?

Based partly on how much time elapsed between the call and the shooting leads me to believe that TM had no intention of just going home to safety. Also partly by knowing what its like to be a 17 year old male and a stage many males go through where they question authority and try to push limits.

I don't speak for jenny, but I believe she means that SYG immunity is granted so easily and often, it seem unlikely that any attorney wouldn't take a shot at it.
Yep, that's what I meant. And SYG has been granted in cases where one person actually pursued the other and then killed the person they pursued.

Based partly on how much time elapsed between the call and the shooting leads me to believe that TM had no intention of just going home to safety. Also partly by knowing what its like to be a 17 year old male and a stage many males go through where they question authority and try to push limits.

Zimmerman was not in authority so he had no right to be asking anything of Trayvon. Trayvon owed him ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

~jmo~

In addition to Jeb Bush, the then governor of Florida who signed the bill into law.

~jmo~

Well then they should have looked at people who have been granted immunity under this law before they opened their mouths and said something like that.

I believe that I read somewhere that they were tactical, but I don't know if they were confiscated.

If I remember correctly, Gilbreath said that GZ had 2 flashlights. One was a keyring flashlight and the other was about 6" long. When asked what type the bigger one was Gilbreath said he would call it a tactical flashlight.

I am highly suspicious of the head injuries simply because of the location of them, and don't find that consistant with where the injury would be if you have your head slammed against concrete from a laying down position.

I also took note that the picture shows no splatter of the blood, no dirt, debris or grass, and there appears to be a lot of welling or pooling blood but that is not the best picture in the world...I find it interesting that the emphasis seems to be that there is evidence that GZ's story of what point and when after scooting his head off concrete the shooting occurred is contradicted by something that they found.

As far as the website, there may have been a variety of reasons, one that there was no apology, and the fact that many have charactarized the site as arrogant and showing no remorse for taking a life and that is off putting to many. Also, there is a chance that someone could track down GZ if he is posting to that site, by tracking down the IP address, so it was a security risk in that way too.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered already, but is it common practice for a police officer to whip out their phone and snap pictures of suspect's and victim's injuries? It just seems odd that so soon upon arrival, this officer is documenting GZ's bloody head on his phone. Did he also take pics of TM? Did he know GZ prior to this incident? I just find it odd and out of the ordinary. JMO

The police have pictures of heads slammed over and over on cement they will introduce as evidence.

Then they will show Georges scratches.

IMO

If I remember correctly, Gilbreath said that GZ had 2 flashlights. One was a keyring flashlight and the other was about 6" long. When asked what type the bigger one was Gilbreath said he would call it a tactical flashlight.

Wonder if he carried the flashlight on his belt? I keep thinking George was the kind of guy who carries his keys and phone on his belt and probably had a chain to his wallet. IMO

All you have to do is type in "road rash" in Google images and you'll get all sorts of really nice injuries caused by concrete or asphalt. Just look at a couple of them and compare them to Zimmerman's "injuries" and you can easily see that his head was not repeatedly slammed into anything with concrete.

~jmo~

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered already, but is it common practice for a police officer to whip out their phone and snap pictures of suspect's and victim's injuries? It just seems odd that so soon upon arrival, this officer is documenting GZ's bloody head on his phone. Did he also take pics of TM? Did he know GZ prior to this incident? I just find it odd and out of the ordinary. JMO

Well let me say this. I would have serious questions about how that picture(evidence if taken by an officer) ended up in the hands of the press. :banghead:

But there was no authority to question. A strange person was following TM.

It is odd . It makes me wonder if the cop who took the pic had even checked on Trayvon before pulling out his phone and taking pics of GZ's head. And wasn't that pic taken 2 minutes after the shooting ? :banghead:

TM was not required to go straight home to safety, and in fact should have been safe where he was, he was doing nothing wrong and if he wanted to dawdle along on the sidewalk and chat with his girlfriend in private he had every right to do that without being questioned and followed by anyone.

While you may know what it's like to be A 17 yr old male, you do not know what it's like to be EVERY 17 yr old male, because I can tell you that they are NOT all alike, and just because you or the ones you know would immediately get huffy and attempt to physically attack someone at the slightest provocation does not by any means lead to the conclusion that all of them or even a majority of them would. As far as Trayvon knew GZ was NOT authority, and certainly not Authority over him.

I also find it implausible that a 17 yr old who has no formal training in fighting and no documented history of being in physical confrontations would suddenly decide on this night to phsically attack an older man and a stranger without even hanging up the phone with his girl, but in the middle of chat suddenly attack, and can only think that IF he did so, and I highly doubt it, then he was in fear or under attack himself IMO JMHO and stuff.

ITA! And what's even more puzzling to me is GZ isn't cuffed. Not at all what I think would be SOP.

IMO

Seems to me that the latter explanation is much more likely to be true. Gated communities are very different from public communities. One of the main reasons people live in gated communities is for the security, and much of that security stems from treating anyone who is unfamiliar as being suspicious.
Thing is, gated communities pay their security guards, and they stay at their posts at the guard station. If this was the case, Trayvon would have been questioned by the guard when he re-entered the complex, and they would have called the condo where he was stayed to verify him...
George was NOT security for the complex, nor was he supposed to follow, he was an unpaid volunteer for Neighborhood Watch. All he was supposed to do was call his suspicion in to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member