Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Zimmerman website goes dark
Neighborhood watch leader charged in death of Trayvon Martin
Published On: Apr 24 2012 01:18:29 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 24 2012 01:27:16 PM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. - A website created by George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin in Sanford, has gone dark.

The website -- -- now takes users to a GoDaddy.com page that asks if anyone would like to purchase the domain name.

Before the website went dark, Zimmerman wrote, "I have been forced to leave my home, my school... and ultimately, my entire life."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ge...dark/-/1637132/11783042/-/9egxsl/-/index.html

If GZ needs indigent status, he had to let this go but I wonder how much he's already collected in donations...he allegedly did this for 'living' expenses..since he is out of work and won't get work due to the high profile nature of this case...how much has he gotten?

Truly sad he isn't capable of taking any responsibility for his own actions..
How dysfunctional is that? IMHO.. Very dysfunctional thinking on his part...JMHO

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/28/opinion/burton-florida-gates/index.html

This article address the gated community and their mentality...whoever brought this up and said there isn't a "Gated Community" mentality...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/28/opinion/burton-florida-gates/index.html
I'm curious about this whole gated community mentality. What exactly does it mean? Is it completely enclosed with no way in our out unless via a road? Is there barb wired everywhere to keep the resident's safe? It doesn't make sense to me that someone can't walk down a sidewalk, etc. even if they aren't a resident. Can't you enter through trees, etc. What has this world come to?

The Gated Community Mentality
By RICH BENJAMIN
Published: March 29, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/opinion/the-gated-community-mentality.html?_r=1

Another article...

No matter the label, the product is the same: self-contained, conservative and overzealous in its demands for “safety.” Gated communities churn a vicious cycle by attracting like-minded residents who seek shelter from outsiders and whose physical seclusion then worsens paranoid groupthink against outsiders. These bunker communities remind me of those Matryoshka wooden dolls. A similar-object-within-a-similar-object serves as shelter; from community to subdivision to house, each unit relies on staggered forms of security and comfort, including town authorities, zoning practices, private security systems and personal firearms.

I understand what is meant..outsiders are frowned upon..paranoid thinking, if you don't live there, you don't belong there, so you're up to no good...which I do believe would apply to GZ's aggressive approach...

The only evidence that George was going to get groceries and not doing a patrol of the neighborhood is his word. The SA says he does not tell the truth.

If GZ was so good at his job as a "watch Captain" why did he not identify himself right away while on the phone with LE. Sounds like that would be SOP for someone who took it upon himself to patrol this community since the NWP was set up???? jmo

So which one happened first? Did Trayvon sneak up on GZ and bash him from behind, or did they have the conversation "Why are you following me-What are you doing here" first? I am a bit lost because if I'm sneaking up on someone to bash their heads in I don't usually like to alert them first by talking to them. On the other hand, if someone just attacked me from behind, I would feel that asking them "What are you doing here?" is a bit redundant, since I already know what his answer is going to be: "Bashing your head in".

Kids worship their tech devices, especially their smart phones. I can't see Trayvon, while talking on his Iphone to his girlfriend decides, "I'm going to go jump some guy from behind..." knowing good and well that his Iphone will probably get damaged, and the items he's carrying in the pouch of his hoodie will be thrown about. It makes no sense to me, how someone is moving away from you decides to turn tables and then become the pursuer. Look at where his body is found, if Zimmerman was "headed back" to his car, he sure didn't make it very far, which tells me that was a lie.

If GZ was so good at his job as a "watch Captain" why did he not identify himself right away while on the phone with LE. Sounds like that would be SOP for someone who took it upon himself to patrol this community since the NWP was set up???? jmo

This is what is so sad, all he had to do was roll up alongside Trayvon and roll down the window and identify himself as neighborhood watch, and ask him if he was lost, or where he was going. Very simple and he would have gotten his answers....

IMO he did not do that because he thought he already HAD the answers, he already believed that Trayvon was a theif or a burglar or up to no good, and he just wanted to "catch' him at something, barring thatm, he wanted to stop him and hold him for LE when they got there.

Does tend to make me wonder if the other suspicious people that he called in to 911 were acting suspicious the same way that Trayvon was acting suspicious and if they had been found by LE what the outcome of that would have been....IMO JMHO and stuff.

Why did he continue to follow TM when 911 told him not to?

I'm trying to figure out why the Sunshine Laws don't apply in this case. I think the media has filed a law suit to have the information made available to the public, but I'm not positive.

I did hear this morning that GZ's attorney has requested a body guard for GZ at the expense of the tax payers. WTH? Did anyone else hear that?

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

You can find it all at the above site...it is being applied...

So which one happened first? Did Trayvon sneak up on GZ and bash him from behind, or did they have the conversation "Why are you following me-What are you doing here" first? I am a bit lost because if I'm sneaking up on someone to bash their heads in I don't usually like to alert them first by talking to them. On the other hand, if someone just attacked me from behind, I would feel that asking them "What are you doing here?" is a bit redundant, since I already know what his answer is going to be: "Bashing your head in".

I believe the conversation happened first..but when TM didn't give him the answer he wanted, since TM asked why are you following me....I believe GZ pushed TM and the rest will be up to the forensics...TM did not know the ins and outs of that community, living there only a few days but GZ knows the entire layout of that gated community..

This is what is so sad, all he had to do was roll up alongside Trayvon and roll down the window and identify himself as neighborhood watch, and ask him if he was lost, or where he was going. Very simple and he would have gotten his answers....

IMO he did not do that because he thought he already HAD the answers, he already believed that Trayvon was a theif or a burglar or up to no good, and he just wanted to "catch' him at something, barring thatm, he wanted to stop him and hold him for LE when they got there.

Does tend to make me wonder if the other suspicious people that he called in to 911 were acting suspicious the same way that Trayvon was acting suspicious and if they had been found by LE what the outcome of that would have been....IMO JMHO and stuff.
I'm curious as to when "walking" became suspicious. And, yes, GZ could have alleviated the whole situation really quick by simply rolling down his window and asking relevant questions. Geez! What a tragedy.

I believe the conversation happened first..but when TM didn't give him the answer he wanted, since TM asked why are you following me....I believe GZ pushed TM and the rest will be up to the forensics...TM did not know the ins and outs of that community, living there only a few days but GZ knows the entire layout of that gated community..

BBM.. I have thought all along a simple question .."Why are you following me?" sent GZ into a rage..JMHO

Oh, I know what he said. But how will he explain it to the judge/jury? You know that's going to be a big part of the prosecution's case, is why did he get out of the vehicle especially when the dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that." I dunno, I think that's going to be hard for him to justify. IMO.

I actually think he will say that he wanted to keep an eye on the guy so that he wouldn't get away. I doubt he will cop to having the intention of detaining him (by force, if necessary). But I think he will say that he wanted to watch him so he could let police know where he was when they got there, and see what he was up to (in case he tried to break into a building).

I know the brother already tried out the excuse that he was looking for an address to give the police, but that is way too flimsy to fly.

Just My Opinion.

I agree that it's alot more intimidating. They tried in here in California in Starbucks. Open Carry got banned!!!

Back in the late 80's we were in a grocery store in Casa Grande Arizona, I saw a man with a gun in his holster, I had not seen that before, (we lived in Calif at the time) I was very surprised!! The second surprise of that morning was to learn we could not buy beer on Sunday before noon ??? Now in 20012 I live in Phoenix Arizona, I see people carrying guns in all types of places, grocery stores, restraunts, I'm used to it now. I don't know if the beer law for Sundays is still the same, now we just make sure we buy our beer on Saturday :-)

The Gated Community Mentality
By RICH BENJAMIN
Published: March 29, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/opinion/the-gated-community-mentality.html?_r=1

Another article...

I understand what is meant..outsiders are frowned upon..paranoid thinking, if you don't live there, you don't belong there, so you're up to no good...which I do believe would apply to GZ's aggressive approach...

Both articles you are posting are Op-Ed pieces with no real statistics just the writers own opinion of their own feelings about gated communities.

Maybe Zimmerman's paranoia will get the best of him while he's out on bail. It must be awful to know you have to look over your shoulder every minute of the day to make sure there isn't someone standing there with a gun ready to blow your brains out. I think it is this paranoia that he suffers from that will continue to be his downfall. He won't be able to keep his silence for very long.

~jmo~

Why did he continue to follow TM when 911 told him not to?

None of us is a mind reader, so I assume your question is hypothetical. Don't get me wrong - it's a very good question, and in fact the key question in this whole case. I can't wait until they ask him that in court! :)

My guess: Extremely Bad Judgment and Delusions of Marshall Dillon. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member