17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the $15,000 Bond came from that account and the money to pay for security detail. IMO, of course. IT will all come out in due time, I guess.

If I was in a jail cell, I would give no one my paypal info.What if they took the money no way would I trust anyone with funds I would need for my defense.

Fwiw if I had to choose...I would trust no one but FAMILY.

GZ didn't know how long he was going to be in jail...it would only make sense that someone in his family had access to those accounts....

JMO

And who said crime didn't pay..........pppffft. Wonder if they still want the state to pay for his security?

Even if his brother ran the website what has that to do with his paypal account?It has nothing to do with the website at all,it is separate so it is not a moot point.

Beginning @ around 6:55, GZ's wife is questioned about the website and asked if she knew how much was in the account, she says she didn't know. She is asked who would know how much is in it and she said her brother in law, GZ's brother.

She was then asked if her brother in law was there so he could be asked about it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Rcanus4Oo"]George Zimmerman's Bond Hearing: Wife Testifies. - YouTube[/ame]

How does that have anything to do with the case? anything? How does this digging through the minutia of someone's life, determining that they had a business fail in a year have anything to do with this?

What does a shooting victim having been busted at school for having marijuana residue in his backpack have anything to do with this case?

I'm sure this has already been posted but I am reading as fast as I can.

My thought would be if bond was based,in part, on what the defendant could afford to pay, I wonder if the Judge would have required a higher bond had he known about the fund?
Personally,I think that 200k will be sucked up in about 2 minutes with all that is going on with this dude- I certainly don't think this is going to turn into any kind of profit center for Zimmerman.

What does a shooting victim having been busted at school for having marijuana residue in his backpack have anything to do with this case?

I'm sure this has already been posted but I am reading as fast as I can.
well understanding the background of Trayvon is an important piece of the puzzle. He is the victim-yes but this is a unique situation in that the defense is claiming self defense so what character issues Travon may or may not have had may be relevant. So while I agree it does not merit much discussion it is reasonable to mention. Give it the amount of weight that you personally think it deserves.
Does that help?

My thought would be if bond was based,in part, on what the defendant could afford to pay, I wonder if the Judge would have required a higher bond had he known about the fund?
Personally,I think that 200k will be sucked up in about 2 minutes with all that is going on with this dude- I certainly don't think this is going to turn into any kind of profit center for Zimmerman.

Yeah, but bond is based on "current" financial situation (and the severity of the crime, of course) ... not future expenses. The prosecution wanted a million dollar bond I believe and the defense wanted $15k.. I think if they knew there was 200K sitting in an account somewhere .. the court would have asked for more bond.
The website has been shut down now (supposedly) but if MO'M is working pro bono.. 200K can go a long way, no?

Yeah, but bond is based on "current" financial situation (and the severity of the crime, of course) ... not future expenses. The prosecution wanted a million dollar bond I believe and the defense wanted $15k.. I think if they knew there was 200K sitting in an account somewhere .. the court would have asked for more bond.
The website has been shut down now (supposedly) but if MO'M is working pro bono.. 200K can go a long way, no?
I think we are saying the same thing as it relates to bond. :)
point 2-Is he working pro-bono? Even if he is- he is not the only one working on the case.

ETA: ok I see what you thoughtI meant-but my 2 sentences were 2 separate thoughts.
1. would the Judge charge more bond if it is based on the ability to pay and he knew about the fund?
2. I don;t think Zimmerman is going to end up with a windfall at the end of the day.It is going to be spent on this whole miserable episode.

OMG JBean

I just saw your avatar and now you have to come over here and clean my lappie.

:lol:

I just want to add that MOM is one of the best - ethical, reputable, etc (that's per NeJame and per Hornsby)

We can assume the court knows this ...

MOM's not going to throw a career''s worth of excellent reputation away on GZ. He probably already has called the judge...

JMHO

Oh please. We saw the bond hearing the other day. Pfffffffffffft.

And who said crime didn't pay..........pppffft. Wonder if they still want the state to pay for his security?
By the time O'Mara went to the press, after GZ was released, he suggested that he might want the state to pay for security even though it was GZ's choice to leave the safety of PC. That might have been a good time to check with GZ as to how much money he made in those Paypal AccountS. I wonder if O'Mara is thinking the same thing?

point 2-Is he working pro-bono? Even if he is- he is not the only one working on the case.

ETA: ok I see what you thoughtI meant-but my 2 sentences were 2 separate thoughts.
1. would the Judge charge more bond if it is based on the ability to pay and he knew about the fund?
2. I don;t think Zimmerman is going to end up with a windfall at the end of the day.It is going to be spent on this whole miserable episode.

But anyone in his firm will be paid by the firm, correct? So, wouldn't his firm and their services be pro-bono as well?

1. would they charge more bond if it is based on the ability to pay?

I think we've established that the media told us he is working pro bono but i was unaware that his "people" would have to be paid by the client! That's ridiculous! (the premise.. not your information) Geez.. there is definitely more than one way to shoe a horse, huh? :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove