17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If past actions are considered, I fully expect another statement from O'Mara sometime between now and Monday further justifying why his client lied and withheld information. Last week during the bond hearing when Zimmerman issued the apology, we had an apology from O'Mara on Monday. He will spend the weekend reading all the bad press he, Zimmerman, and Zimmerman's family received and will issue another statement further clarifying his remarks at the hearing today and his subsequent press conference.

~jmo~

Gun groups offer legal support to Zimmerman
By Craig Johnson
updated 11:54 AM EDT, Mon April 09, 2012

Responding to what they see as a one-sided battle in the court of public opinion, gun advocacy groups have surfaced in recent days to pledge legal support to the defense of George Zimmerman, the Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in February. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense, but has not been charged with a crime and is not in custody.

“We wanted to help someone who we feel has been wronged and found guilty in the court of public opinion,” Chris Kossmann of Legal Boom, a Tampa, Florida-based gun rights group, told HLN Monday in a phone interview.

Kossman said Legal Boom has been in contact with Zimmerman attorney Craig Sonner about contributing to the neighborhood watch captain’s defense fund. “We have spoken with him (Sonner) on two different occasions." Declining to cite specifics, Kossmann said, “We’re currently working together to further our talks.”

Another gun rights organization, the National Association for Legal Gun Defense, seeks to donate $10,000 toward Zimmerman's legal expenses.

"We're an association that wants to help the legal cases of gun owners who claim self defense," Fort Worth, Texas, attorney Blue Rannefeld, a member, told HLN late Monday.

The National Association for Legal Gun Defense has yet to get in contact with Sonner but the group has heard from numerous supporters, Rannefeld said. "We've been getting a tremendous response, and it's been more positive than negative. People have been calling in asking if they can make $30 contributions," he said.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/0...-groups-pledge-legal-support-george-zimmerman

Thank you.

If I were to give money to one of GZ's funds it would be to make a statement against the witch hunt that has been unleashed upon the man. I've been stunned and saddened at the misinformation of the media and the mob tactics it has encouraged and supported. So far there have been two hate crimes attacks against white victims, and there are probably more that just haven't made it into the news.

It's a crime that this tragedy has been compounded into other tragedies. The state of journalism today is deplorable.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Great post. I think your 100% correct. I think that the more the media bias continues the more money that will be donated to his fund.

New on my Comcast homepage:

Judge wants to know more about Zimmerman finances
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
1 hour ago

SANFORD, Fla. — Calling it an "oversight," George Zimmerman's attorney said Friday the neighborhood watch volunteer did not disclose that a website had raised more than $200,000 for his defense, even though his family told the judge they would have trouble coming up with his bond.

"Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it," said Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.

O'Mara claimed the family was not trying to be deceptive, but Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said he wanted to know more about the money. O'Mara doesn't think the judge will change Zimmerman's bond in light of the new information...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120427/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

Thank you.

If I were to give money to one of GZ's funds it would be to make a statement against the witch hunt that has been unleashed upon the man. I've been stunned and saddened at the misinformation of the media and the mob tactics it has encouraged and supported. So far there have been two hate crimes attacks against white victims, and there are probably more that just haven't made it into the news.

It's a crime that this tragedy has been compounded into other tragedies. The state of journalism today is deplorable.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Double post

If past actions are considered, I fully expect another statement from O'Mara sometime between now and Monday further justifying why his client lied and withheld information. Last week during the bond hearing when Zimmerman issued the apology, we had an apology from O'Mara on Monday. He will spend the weekend reading all the bad press he, Zimmerman, and Zimmerman's family received and will issue another statement further clarifying his remarks at the hearing today and his subsequent press conference.

~jmo~

JMO/IMO
I think you're right. And even though it's so absurd that it makes me laugh, the reality is these tactics are contemptible.

I only saying that GZ may not have know how much money was in the account at the bail hearing. I think MOM would have instructed him to have no jail phone calls with family, so he ws probably unaware of the status of the account from the time of his arrest to the time of release.

I know what your going to say.....the family knew how much. I have no doubt that RZ did, I have no evidence that he told anyone else how much was in it, therefore I am not prepared to call the family "liars" for stating they do not know how much was in the account.

They knew enough to spend the money...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ey-20120426_1_cnn-show-shooting-death-website

Interesting article from the Sentinel.
I'm not certain if MOM is pro bono or not. But I was interested to read what his going rate is, ordinarily.

Quote:
"O'Mara estimated that it would cost between $500,000 and $1 million to defend Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. O'Mara said his normal fee is $400 per hour and that he already has put more than 100 hours into the case."

So that means he's already up to about $40,000.00 and we haven't even had discovery yet. JMO/IMO

His work has cost $40.000 and yet he didn't bother to check on his client's finances or read the latest news before the bond hearing.

Whoever is going to pay his fee is getting robbed. IMO.

Me either, or looking like I am up to no good, or on drugs or something.

How do you know? GZ seems to have decided that TM was up to no good or on drugs or something based on little or no evidence so what's to stop him from thinking the same about you based on the same evidence?

I would imagine it would be between Mark O'Mara and GZ whether he works pro bono or GZ pays him.

I thought it had to be declared from a legal standpoint. I don't think there could be a question between an attorney and client about how the attorney would be paid or not.

sorry - a bit o/t, but can anyone remember seeing attys and judge wave their hands around SO much? i'm getting dizzy just watching all 3 of them :)

By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
1 hour ago

SANFORD, Fla. — Calling it an "oversight," George Zimmerman's attorney said Friday the neighborhood watch volunteer did not disclose that a website had raised more than $200,000 for his defense, even though his family told the judge they would have trouble coming up with his bond.

"Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it," said Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.

O'Mara claimed the family was not trying to be deceptive, but Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said he wanted to know more about the money. O'Mara doesn't think the judge will change Zimmerman's bond in light of the new information...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120427/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

BBM: I agree with him there. It probably didn't take much trying, must have come pretty naturally...

If you've got 200K sitting in a Paypal account that you're coyly saying you know nothing about and you're saying that you're indigent of course you're deceptive.

Curious?
Is Lawyer Crump even addressing the court? Or is he just running his mouth to who will listen? jmo I know he is "representing" the Parents but...

--paypal doesn't "hold" the money deposited---when you set up a paypal account it's linked to a bank account. when i deposit $$'s to my daughter's paypal , it goes directly to her bank acct where she can access it immediatley.

according to paypal this isn't possible with a personal account:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/Automatic-Withdrawals-Possible/td-p/36916

http://www.somacon.com/p565.php

the only withdrawal options for a personal account are:

http://www.blogadr.com/tutorials/free-paypal-tutorial/paypal_withdrawfunds.html

twelve thousand dollars for a years rent is a thousand dollars a month

you prepay rent so the owner is not coming around all the time which increases the odds of his location being released
Landlords do not come over to collect rent unless you are late. A simple cashier's check in the mail would do the trick.

I doubt he is actually paying rent. Maybe Faux News is? Can't wait to find out.

GZ is not indigent. Obviously. The taxpayer's shouldn't have to foot his bill.

Gun enthusiasts start defense fund for George Zimmerman

3:36 p.m. EST, March 29, 2012

A firearms website created by some Tampa gun enthusiasts announced today it is collecting money to help pay for George Zimmerman's legal defense.

Christopher Kossmann, 23, and three friends founded Legal Boom: Gun law for the Gunshine State last year to explain Florida's self-defense laws, he said.

"Legalboom.org is officially accepting donations to help Zimmerman through what is undoubtedly the hardest time in his life and for his legal defense," the website states. "If you feel this article has changed your views or you already had this inclination please show your support!"

Kossmann said the public will have to trust him to deliver all money raised for Zimmerman in the absence of an accountant, non-profit status and other common features of organized fundraising efforts.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...120329_1_gun-enthusiasts-defense-fund-gun-law

By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
1 hour ago

So $200,000 is an oversight? Wow. I wish I could get to a point in my life where $200,000 was an oversight and not the mortgage on my house right now. Give me a break, O'Mara!

Landlords do not come over to collect rent unless you are late. A simple cashier's check in the mail would do the trick.

I doubt he is actually paying rent. Maybe Faux News is? Can't wait to find out.

GZ is not indigent. Obviously. The taxpayer's shouldn't have to foot his bill.

The world isn't quite that black and white.
Not all landlords do anything, but many of them collect rent in person.
Provides a built in check on your property.

GZ has never owned a home, rented his whole life. It isn't much of a leap to think he is doing the same thing right now. Less of a jump than some of the others we are seeing.

Not all paypal accounts are set up that way.

I bet my bottom dollar that the Paypal account was checked multiple times on a daily basis as soon as it was set up. Like as fast as you check your instant winner lottery ticket.
Besides, if I recall correctly. Paypal does send out an Email each time an amount is deposited. You do not have to link to your bank account . A credit card will suffice. Most folks do not link to a bank account because Paypal allows claw back(reversal of payment). If linked to a bank account, you keep very little money in it and transfer incoming monies to another account asap.

Wonder if the phone calls from GZ while in jail, included updates from wifey/brother as to the daily balance of the account. Do those calls fall under the Sunshine law? Something smells real rotten.
And no, I do not believe MOM. He just appears too smart to be that ignorant about the account. Way too much of a coincidence that RZ Jr was not available at the bond hearing and the rest could all point to RZ Jr as the only one with knowledge of the account. Do they really think we all fell of a pumpkin truck recently?.

Curious?
Is Lawyer Crump even addressing the court? Or is he just running his mouth to who will listen? jmo I know he is "representing" the Parents but...

Just running his mouth. Same as Jessie and Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member