17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Please do not speak for "ALL" of us.

I believe when people way "we" they are talking about people who agree with their conclusions otherwise she would say "all of us agree". jmo

Andy Rooney once said, "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."

This is not directed to any one person in particular. I love the passion of the members here and am excited I finally decided to join in on the conversation. I think it is possible to feel one way and still see the facts objectively.

It is wonderful and refreshing to see individuals engaging with one another in a civil and respectful way online.

I tend to agree but can tell you that some of my pre-conceived notions have been effectively corrected in this forum.

BBM link please?

I know you've listened to the call George made to LE the night he shot Travyon. In George own words he says Trayvon is running and he, George, is following. Trayvon is running away from George -- George is walking (fast, imo) after Trayvon.

Speaking from personal experience, by seeing the pics of the injuries inflicted on Zimmerman, it makes me sad he didn't shoot faster. I have been attacked by a , did fear for my life, and wished I was carrying.

I don't have Trayvon's autopsy report. In no way does George's "boo boo" show Trayvon struck George first. It actually makes me sad that Trayvon didn't get in a better lick.

MOO

Speaking from personal experience, by seeing the pics of the injuries inflicted on Zimmerman, it makes me sad he didn't shoot faster. I have been attacked by a , did fear for my life, and wished I was carrying.

You're entitled to your opinion. I wish you were carrying too. You could have shot and killed your attacker and been 100% justified. George, imo, is not and will never be justified in his actions that night. And that is my opinion.

BBM Please post a link to back that "fact" up.

I don't have Trayvon's autopsy report yet, but GZ having marks on him does not prove that Trayvon put his hands on GZ first. The fact that George Zimmerman was reaching for his phone/gun and Trayvon seen the gun, makes it 100%, IMO, Trayvon's right to defend himself against George Zimmerman. I'm having a hard time with the forum tonight, so I would also like to answer the previous question you had...

I believe by the time George had caught back up with Trayvon, it was too late for Trayvon to run away again. The gun was seen by Trayvon. I believe that George had every intention of not letting Trayvon get away. I believe he did try to detain him/grab him and that is where the pushing sounds came in. I wish Trayvon would have kept running. I wished he didn't slow down when he thought he had lost George. But he did... and that was the only mistake he made that night... but not one he should have died for.

MOO

I know you've listened to the call George made to LE the night he shot Travyon. In George own words he says Trayvon is running and he, George, is following. Trayvon is running away from George -- George is walking (fast, imo) after Trayvon.

and the gf says Trayvon is going away from George as well.

BBM Please link to where it is a fact Zimmerman did any of those things.

Bolded by me.

This is the point. What right did GZ have to stalk, follow, detain, harrass, follow, or confront this child walking home in his neighborhood. Yes, it was 'his neighborhood' as much as his mother's neighborhood is. He was on a public street. This is what bothers me about this case. Where in our constitution or the laws of any state does it say GZ can do these things?

Not to mention the "swing at the bus driver" which has not been reported in the MSM, and the dailymail is not the MSM, it has about the same reputation as the National Enquirer except the NE's might be a bit better.

I dunno, it sure seems to me I am seeing a lot of unfounded accusations thrown TM's way with impunity on this victim-friendly forum.

JMO.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7843516&postcount=467"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34[/ame]

At what point do posters not have to back up or provide a link?

I was thinking the same thing.

People want to excuse GZ behavior talking about "oh the officer didn't identify himself" and that somehow made is behavior OK. It does not.
GZ was trying to handle someone else's problem and that behavior is OK?

Tray had every right to ask that loser why he was following him. That's what GZ was doing, right? That was GZ cue to let Trayvon know he was and he didn't. Instead he said "what are you doing here?" To me that was the confrontation starter.

JMO

HOW IRONIC!!!!! Here GZ is shouting to the rooftops how LE did him wrong and he had to attend anger management classes because this ATF officer never identified himself. And yet we see while he is talking with LE he failed to identify himself to TM then and while TM was on the phone with his GF, GZ still did not identify himself. You are following someone who is minding their own business on their way home and you expect them to be able to read your mind. GZ never used his common sense, not once. TM would have been long gone had he been up to no good knowing GZ was following him, which was obvious. The first words out of GZ's mouth should have been I'm with the NWP, do you live here???

I think TM's phone was very important to him, as they are to most teens. Who knows what was in TM's mind and maybe he thought he was about to get robbed. The burden was on GZ to identify himself to TM because he was the one who wanted information. TM was just trying to get home to watch the game. jmo

I think those were conclusions from the fact GZ got out of his vehicle when he was told he didn't have to. If that is what you are referring to it's the 911tape up in the media thread. jmo

Well I guess the factness of claims can be disputed depending on whether you trust the source or not but here is a link saying that GZ said TM tried to get his gun. He would have had to see it somehow in order to do so I think.

SANFORD, Fla., March 26 (UPI) -- The neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin said the Florida teen physically attacked him and tried to get his gun, ABC News reported.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...ttacked-him/UPI-19271332772275/#ixzz1tiANukB9

Providing a link is the correct thing to do if you are stating something as fact. Without the link you certainly don't have to take what they say as fact.

Ima

Here is George Zimmerman's father saying that George reached for his phone but this version has GZ being beaten for over a minute before he attempts to move his head off the concrete and moving his head causes the firearm to be revealed. However, TM apparently reacted to the revelation with just verbal threats and continued to blithely beat GZ completely unconcerned and did nothing to get that gun away from GZ's reach.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...yvon-martin-beat-his-son-threatened-his-life/

Providing a link is the correct thing to do if you are stating something as fact. Without the link you certainly don't have to take what they say as fact.

Ima

So I can say anything about TM as long as I don't state it as fact?

How do we know he didn't?

[/B]
BBM
Why didn't GZ simply say, "hey, I'm with the neighborhood watch group. You look a little lost, can I help you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange