17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just hope they took pictures of Zimmerman at the scene that night because they didn't collect his clothes (that was supposed to have blood on them). If there are no pictures of his bleeding injuries... it was a big mistake by the Sanford Police. There would be no way to tell the extent of the bleeding and all anyone will see is this video... where it appears Zimmerman is no where near as injured as it was made out to be.

EMT's who treated him onsite would certainly have notes.

The SPD took Zimmermans clothes that night. They have (or some form of LE) always had them.

This is strange. On my screen, on your original post,

"http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rtin-question-answer-20120327,0,1338414.story Link to where it says they collected GZ clothes."

does not show up at all. If I click "quote" it shows up in the reply part.

Well LE has the clothes now so they will be able to verify blood splatter, nose bleed, etc.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rtin-question-answer-20120327,0,1338414.story

Link to where it says they collected GZ clothes.

It sounds like from the article that it was collected that night. The article was correcting well circulated rumors.
As far as the back of the coat goes it means nothing now as far as evidence. They allowed him to wear it in the police car leaning back.

All they have is the officers note in his report. The only note he made about Zimmerman's appearance or anything on his clothes.

If they've got video of Zimmerman walking into the station, they have video of him walking out. I want to see that too! That way I can be certain what he walked out of the station wearing. That isn't too much to ask for? His wife probably brought him an extra set of clothes... I still want to make sure though.

Has anyone heard if that Police Chief is back on duty now since they don't have the Martin case anymore?

You mean chief Lee is back on duty ? I hadn't heard that, it seems they are just going back to their old ways again. I'm not sure how the Sanford community will feel about that, I don't think its gonna be good.

As far as the back of the coat goes it means nothing now as far as evidence. They allowed him to wear it in the police car leaning back.

All they have is the officers note in his report. The only note he made about Zimmerman's appearance or anything on his clothes.

It would be hard to imagine the back seat of a police cruiser would be littered with pieces of foliage and twigs and dirt, consistent with lying backward in a fight on the wet ground. The officers on the scene noticed, and documented that's what the back of his jacket looked like when he first was looking at him. To have that NOT be true, and to find out that the back of his jacket was in fact clean when the officer first interviewed him but then became consistent with that description in the back of a police cruiser pretty much defies logic, IMHO.

That is why I have been so crazy about pictures! Where are pictures of Zimmerman's injuries? Yes, mostly because I wanted to see for myself what injuries he had... but also, we all know all evidence is supposed to be photographed. If they did not photograph Zimmerman's injuries at the scene, at the station, and on later dates... they did a great disservice to Zimmerman and his self defense claim.

He was close to home, would they let him change there? And if he did could he have washed down in the sink, or is that a big no no? Trying to make sense of why it appears there is no blood on him or his clothes in the video (other then his pants being on fire from lying)

It would be hard to imagine the back seat of a police cruiser would be littered with pieces of foliage and twigs and dirt, consistent with lying backward in a fight on the wet ground. The officers on the scene noticed, and documented that's what the back of his jacket looked like when he first was looking at him. To have that NOT be true, and to find out that the back of his jacket was in fact clean when the officer first interviewed him but then became consistent with that description in the back of a police cruiser pretty much defies logic, IMHO.

cross-contamination.............any good lawyer would get it thrown out.

He was close to home, would they let him change there? And if he did could he have washed down in the sink, or is that a big no no? Trying to make sense of why it appears there is no blood on him or his clothes in the video (other then his pants being on fire from lying)

That would be very irresponsible. To let him go home and change clothes would be contamination. IMO

You mean chief Lee is back on duty ? I hadn't heard that, it seems they are just going back to their old ways again. I'm not sure how the Sanford community will feel about that, I don't think its gonna be good.

No, I was just wondering if he was. He said he was stepping down because people felt he was a hindrance or something to the investigation of the Martin case. They don't have the case anymore.

That is why I have been so crazy about pictures! Where are pictures of Zimmerman's injuries? Yes, mostly because I wanted to see for myself what injuries he had... but also, we all know all evidence is supposed to be photographed. If they did not photograph Zimmerman's injuries at the scene, at the station, and on later dates... they did a great disservice to Zimmerman and his self defense claim.

Well, I can see it. I can clearly see a bloody wound on the back of his head, (he's been cleaned up by EMTs, it wouldn't be flowing down his neck) and I can see that his nose is red. I think pics that were taken the next day and the following several days would much more clearly show a broken nose and progression of bruising that follows that. Those things don't show up in the first few minutes. Again, it would be interesting to see the EMT notes.

We do not know if the clothing in the video is the clothing Zimmerman wore at the time of the shooting.

The Orlando Sentinel also tries today to dispel some "Trayvon rumors" with some facts. It reports, for example, that rumors about key evidence not being collected are not true, according to Sanford police:

"They took [Zimmerman's] clothing as well as Trayvon's and packaged it for crime-lab analysis. A spokeswoman for Special Prosecutor Angela Corey would not disclose Tuesday where the clothing is now, but she wrote in an email that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement 'is assisting with the processing of physical evidence.' "

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-manslaughter-charge-in-trayvon-martins-death

If LE took the clothing at the scene, then he wouldn't be wearing a shirt and jacket. And if they had some some clothes to provide him, how likely is it that they would be able to give him the same clothing that GZ reportedly was wearing that night?

If they would release the dash cams, we would be able to confirm what he was wearing when LE first arrived.

Sorry I have a million tabs open...is it true that only the shirt was collected---but not the jacket? TIA

If they let him go home and change his clothes... I am going to be livid! I don't think they did though? The jacket matches the 911 calls.

People don't swell/bruise after blood stops circulating. I'm not sure what he'd expect to see with a superficial look-see.

Bruises can appear post mortem:
How long will the post-mortem take?

Every effort is made to conduct the post-mortem quickly, and in most cases the coroner will authorise the release of the body after one day. In some cases where a more detailed examination is required it can take up to three days. Mortuary staff are mindful and sensitive to cultural issues arising from post-mortems, but there may be delays for practical reasons, such as the need to wait for bruising to appear which can take up to 12 hours.
http://www.victimsupport.org.nz/get-help/homicide

For a really detailed coverage of bruising and evaluation at autopsy, see:
Interpreting bruises at necropsy
Abstract
The accurate interpretation of bruising at necropsy is essential to understanding
how a victim has been injured and assists the pathologist in a reliable reconstruction of the events leading to death. It is essential not only to assess the mechanism of production of a bruise, taking into account the type of impacting surface and the magnitude of force used, but also to estimate when the injury was caused. An account is given of the various methods used in the examination of bruises, particularly with respect to aging, as well as the factors that may affect their appearance. Differentiation from artefacts resulting from postmortem changes
is also discussed in some detail. (J Clin Pathol 2001;54:348–355)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1731416/pdf/v054p00348.pd

IF LE had any pictures of GZ's "injuries" we would have already seen them. That would have nipped a big part of this storm in the bud. The fact that we haven't tells me two things. They have no pictures, and he had no injuries they felt needed documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondgirl#7