2008.07.24 George Anthony Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did he say that Casey gave them a deposit slip? where she put 4000.00 in their account, but it was nothing more then that. No money?

Yes exactly, so I suspose you can add forgery to her illustrious accomplishments. Really, with her attention to detail and all the effort she put into convincing people she was employed she could have had an actual paying job.

I haven't read any replies yet, but I have to say George is breaking my heart here. I don't think there is any way this man had a hand in helping bury or dispose of Caylee. I'm sitting here in tears after reading this interview..

The look in George's eyes and face has been breaking my heart for quite a while and now reading this I can't stop the tears. I pray that he has a support system other than Lee and Cindy. He needs comfort and I'm not sure those two are capable of giving that to him right now.

I don't get that part either............but think of how emotionally screwed up you be from staying in the house with Cindy for just one day...I mean think about it.

It's just like why do women stay with a man that physically, mentally and emotionally abuses them. We know we HAVE to leave but your mind gets screwed up and whether out of obligation, duty, fear you think maybe tomorrow will be better. He may believe Caylee is gone but just waiting to find out where Casey left her. He has eluded to suicide. We should pray this poor man gets the strength to make it through this terrible pain.

There are two points that I get our of reading GA's testimony that I have never thought of till now:

One that Baez is doing everything he can to keep KC away from her family. That I believe is the reason that he kept her at his office all those hours. He and KC have some kind of history together and he is desparately trying to keep it from coming out of KC's mouth! Hence why he is working for free. We all know that KC didn't have any money to give him!

Two that I believe the reason the pool ladder was in the pool after reading this. She killed Caylee and kept her in the trunk for 2 to 3 days. Then decided to put her in the playhouse of sandbox. Then decided to move the body and bury it so she backed her car into the garage to put the body in the trunk. The body was very dirty and stunk so she dipped it in the pool to clean it off enough to put in the trunk and hopefully get rid of the smell. (didn't work). Anyway, I think that is why they found the ladder in the pool.

At times we stand on our heads making things complicated when usually the simplest explanation is the most logical: The dogs hit in the backyard because that's most likely where Caylee was after she expired--in the pool--and where she remained until placed in the trunk. JMO

(bold mine) Agree w bolded.

There is a "hope" that disappoints. Denial is not faith! "Faith" doesn't call those things that ARE as though they were NOT--it calls those things that are not (yet) as though they were (big difference!) It is the deception, estrangement and isolation that cause madness or could in actuality drive his wife over the edge. And ultimately there is no comfort in lies. "Blessed are those who MOURN for they (can, and) shall be comforted." JMO

People deal with things in their own way and in their own time -- that's something I've realized and respected for about as long as I can remember. It seems to me G probably knows C better than anyone else and has a good idea as to her limits, her heart and how she deals with things.

The way I'm reading this (and have been seeing the situation) is that he knows in his heart Caylee is gone and so does Cindy -- but neither are fully willing or able to give up the hope that she might be alive yet. That kind of hope isn't overly unusual. When my father was given 3-4 months to live I didn't accept it - and up until the day he passed, 1 year and 8 months later I had hope that he would beat the cancer.

Holding onto that hope (call it denial if you will) did not cause me to go over the edge - it kept me from doing so. It did not diminish my faith - it brought me closer to God. I needed hope in order to function and, in fact, to survive. And when we lost him - aside from making sure I was there for my mother and my son who needed me to be strong - I went into self-imposed isolation.That is how I mourn and how I heal. Others need to be surrounded by people, to participate in activities, services and/or celebrations. That's fine for them but it doesn't work for me. And my loved ones realize this and know that attempts to push me to accept things based on their time-table or agenda is not going to work. In fact it causes much more harm than good.

So if George and/or Cindy need to maintain hope and/or stay in a semi state of denial (at least publically) until Caylee is found and identified, so be it. Is it hurting Caylee? Is it hurting anyone? Should they be forced to follow a time-frame for healing determined by others, or should they be allowed to heal in their own way and in their own time? Should they be forced to accept and admit what their hearts already know to the media so viewers can applaud them for 'finally waking up'? Would it make anything better for anyone if they break down in public and show their tears, grief, despair and broken spirits?

LE has not said anything to indicate that either of them killed Caylee or disposed of her little body. KC did this - which is something else G and C have to try to come to terms with and accept in some way and at some point in time. Personally I don't need to see them rip their hearts out of their chests on national tv to realize they are in pain. I don't think Caylee would want that for them, and I sure don't believe God demands it.

And I found it shocking that LE LIED to Lee on the phone as per George's request.

Then George went outside and threw up!!!

I got the impression that the reason GA wanted them to lie about being there is because he didn't want CA finding out he was there. He was probably told that he was not to be speaking to LE, but his inner voice of reason told him that he should, so he did. I found it sad that he felt the need to lie about it. I really feel bad for George.

As for him not answering the questions about the insight to KC, I don't see that as anything sinister, or purposely misleading. I think that it would just be really hard to tell the police that you think that your daughter killed her daughter. Having to admit that your child did something as awful as that has got to be hard to cope with. Although he didn't say it out loud, he also didn't deny it or swear up and down that she wasn't capable of doing such a thing. So although his avoiding the question doesn't help them in court, I think he was trying to tell them KC was responsible without actually saying the words. JMO

Did he say that Casey gave them a deposit slip? where she put 4000.00 in their account, but it was nothing more then that. No money?

Yep! That was it, just the deposit slip ..
No deposit ..

Forgive me if this doesn't belong here but this is the only thread I could find to discuss todays doc dump

I am currently reading the child services report and KC states that she was proud that during a search for Caylee another child had been found??? Did I miss hearing about this or is this another one of her lies???

She also said her new vocation would be to work trying to find missing children and now we have CA saying the same thing!?!

Could she be talking about Cole Puffinburger in Las Vegas? That was recent, but it had nothing to do with the Anthonys.

It's just like why do women stay with a man that physically, mentally and emotionally abuses them. We know we HAVE to leave but your mind gets screwed up and whether out of obligation, duty, fear you think maybe tomorrow will be better. He may believe Caylee is gone but just waiting to find out where Casey left her. He has eluded to suicide. We should pray this poor man gets the strength to make it through this terrible pain.

YES ITA It is a cycle I hope he finds the strength to break. I have lost two family members to suicide (my brother, and a cousin) after which I became involved for a time in suicide prevention. The fact GA verbalized this out loud was somewhat reassuring to me but he truly does need prayer. JMO

ITA

Obviously, CA's overbearing relentless controlling ways eventually wore GA down over the years until he just kept his mouth shut. We KNOW CA ran KC's brain too, hmm wonder why KC turned out the way she did... JMO

YES! EXACTLY, Kiki! :clap:

People deal with things in their own way and in their own time -- that's something I've realized and respected for about as long as I can remember. It seems to me G probably knows C better than anyone else and has a good idea as to her limits, her heart and how she deals with things.

The way I'm reading this (and have been seeing the situation) is that he knows in his heart Caylee is gone and so does Cindy -- but neither are fully willing or able to give up the hope that she might be alive yet. That kind of hope isn't overly unusual. When my father was given 3-4 months to live I didn't accept it - and up until the day he passed, 1 year and 8 months later I had hope that he would beat the cancer.

Holding onto that hope (call it denial if you will) did not cause me to go over the edge - it kept me from doing so. It did not diminish my faith - it brought me closer to God. I needed hope in order to function and, in fact, to survive. And when we lost him - aside from making sure I was there for my mother and my son who needed me to be strong - I went into self-imposed isolation.That is how I mourn and how I heal. Others need to be surrounded by people, to participate in activities, services and/or celebrations. That's fine for them but it doesn't work for me. And my loved ones realize this and know that attempts to push me to accept things based on their time-table or agenda is not going to work. In fact it causes much more harm than good.

So if George and/or Cindy need to maintain hope and/or stay in a semi state of denial (at least publically) until Caylee is found and identified, so be it. Is it hurting Caylee? Is it hurting anyone? Should they be forced to follow a time-frame for healing determined by others, or should they be allowed to heal in their own way and in their own time? Should they be forced to accept and admit what their hearts already know to the media so viewers can applaud them for 'finally waking up'? Would it make anything better for anyone if they break down in public and show their tears, grief, despair and broken spirits?

LE has not said anything to indicate that either of them killed Caylee or disposed of her little body. KC did this - which is something else G and C have to try to come to terms with and accept in some way and at some point in time. Personally I don't need to see them rip their hearts out of their chests on national tv to realize they are in pain. I don't think Caylee would want that for them, and I sure don't believe God demands it.

I think you misunderstand. Private denial--in all places, at all times, in one's solitude and also the presence of others, is a well recognized stage of grief. Exclusively public "denials" while inwardly knowing the truth, or while having some other agenda, is something else entirely. Someone who is making "denials" in public who knows the truth privately and therefore NOT assisting LE much less their child to arrive at the truth isn't simply working through a grief stage. I was not referring to whatever period of time it takes for you or anyone else to register the loss of your father eg due to illness, or any death in which there is neither a missing person, an investigation, nor suspicious circumstances. I was referring to the latter instance--in which there are public outward "denials" after having conceded the truth. No, nobody expects or has the least desire to see them grieve openly nor to impose a specific timetable for any stage of grief including that of genuine denial. But there is no question that YES, it IS most certainly hurting. It is hindering the investigation and impeding the search for their granddaughter by refusing to cooperate w LE (credit card statements withheld by CA eg, not to mention whatever charges for obstruction she may face). And it IS hurting the chances of ever recovering their granddaughter's remains to refuse to help OCSO or TES in their search efforts. And YES it IS hurting their daughter's chances of a fair trial and possibly avoiding the death penalty. This is the other part where they totally lose me. As a parent and grandparent I simply could not afford the luxury of taking my time while my child carried this burden alone. Unselfish parents and grandparents face their own loss in order to give permission or assist their child--who may soon be on death row--to admit the truth and face THEIR'S. You acknowlede you were THERE for your son, as well as your mother. And CA is hardly in self-imposed isolation! No, someone simply in denial is, in all places at all times with or without others to observe, consistent in their grief. Public "denials" inconsistent with truth privately acknowledged is not a stage of grief, it is deception. And in the end isn't serving anyone and not the slightest helpful in bringing us any closer to others, nor surely to God. And yes, I'm quite sure GA does know only too well how his wife "deals" with things. I am sorry for the loss of your father, I've never known mine--but had to accept the tragic loss of my only brother, as well as many other loved ones. God bless and comfort you. JMHO

After reading what George had to say, once again I believe he knows what happened. I believe he knows Casey is the killer of his granddaughter. I think he just doesn't want to dwell on it so he avoids it. I think he is also out there trying to sell to the public that Caylee is alive for Cindy's sake. I think he is trying to protect her from the painful truth, even though I think she knows the painful truth.. I feel for George. I think he is torn up inside.

But this was back in July. What if what he's doing now - "adamantly" insisting she's alive - means his brain drank the Kool-Aid? It's Novemember now.

I'm having issues with denial 5 months after the event. Especially when faced with all this evidence/lies.

Re: "The Stain". Has ANYone in any document/interview elaborated on this (basketball) sized stain as far as what it is? Blood? WHAT color is the stain. I never see mention.

I do not believe CA loves Cindy. I believe she is a borderline personality and he just goes along to get along. I lived in a family like this and my dad would do ANYTHING he was told to do to avoid my mother's wrath including being physically abusive to his children. I know he didn't love her. He told me so. He feared her. GA lives with two BP's (at least) and he is so use to the dance of the BP that he can speak his heart to the LE and go right back to the "yes man" routine when he is under her thumb.
I feel bad for him and believe he will not make it through all of this without harming himself. I pray he will be able to get through it but him standing and looking into the woods just breaks my heart.

My mom is not physically abusive but we have a similar dynamic in my family. Everyone tip toes and enables. Unfortunately, including me sometimes.

Bold above is mine.

Ya know, throughout all of these dumps there has been a reoccuring theme. I've read several (if not more) times where LE says "No, this won't be made public" or "no, this is just between us".
Not those exact words but very similar.
Not putting LE down in any way but imagine some of these interviews where the person being interviewed is led to believe/thinks they are speaking in confidence behind closed doors only to see their own words spattered across blogs and message board. Yikes! I so feel for all those who have been dragged into KC's web.

LE didn't release these docs; the prosecution filed it's discovery to the defense and they became public record.

Common sense should tell you that if you are talking to LE about a possible criminal matter, your statement could very well end up as public record. JMO

Something just struck me funny while reading GA's interview. When he went to pick the car up at the tow yard and smelled the stink of the car, he had the worker there walk around the car with him and said to himself, "Don't let this be my Caylee."

Did they even know Caylee was missing at that point? I thought they didn't know she was missing until after they got the car back? If so, then wouldn't that be a strange thing for GA to say unless KC had previously threatened to harm her?

I have been wondering about that, too. :waitasec:

It seems GA was expecting to find Caylee's body in the trunk and even asked the tow guy to be with him when he opened it. GA knows exactly what the car smelled like - a dead body. So does CA, LA, KC, LE and the dogs.

GA seems to be between a rock and a hard place. He seems to want to "tell all" but keeps holding things back. CA wants a united front in support of KC and from what GA says she is somehow able to bully everyone to stick with the party line.

"It was the pizza, right?" "Um, yeah. Pizza."

GA knows that LE would never buy the pizza story, he was LE, he knew that BS wouldn't fool anyone. Rather than confront CA with reality, he parrots whatever she tells him to say. Good grief, he moved away just to get out of the house and away from the 2 of them.

This interview didn't reveal much other than CA is stone crazy and GA has been putting up with a lot of nuttiness in his house. Heavens, she meets him in the garage, crying "we've lost her!". She couldn't be clear even then, he had to ask "lost who?".

This was before the last 911 call too. All the A's are so afraid to speak in clear concise words that they speak in fragments and tangents. I would guess this is because CA is extremely difficult to live with and they walk on eggshells so as not to set her off.

In any event, GA has the opportunity to step up to the plate for Caylee and tell everything he knows. KC is lost to them, no matter the circumstances of Caylee's death.

I do feel sorry for him. He has lost his GD and daughter, may lose his son and wife and his mind.

GA - do right by Caylee and you can sleep in peace. Trying to salvage KC is hopeless, trying to handle CA with kid gloves is not working. Don't be mad at Baez, the media, LE, TonE, or anyone else. This is KC's doing and the only one who can set it right is you. KC upbringing did not make her kill Caylee, sociopaths are born, not created.

YES ITA It is a cycle I hope he finds the strength to break. I have lost two family members to suicide (my brother, and a cousin) after which I became involved for a time in suicide prevention. The fact GA verbalized this out loud was somewhat reassuring to me but he truly does need prayer. JMO

I'm sorry for your loss Kiki. I can't imagine the heartbreak you must have gone through :blowkiss:

The look in George's eyes and face has been breaking my heart for quite a while and now reading this I can't stop the tears. I pray that he has a support system other than Lee and Cindy. He needs comfort and I'm not sure those two are capable of giving that to him right now.

Thank you Dolly for also pointing this out, yes it hurts to see this man must endure his grief alone. I also pray for him. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back