2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps I am not remembering this correctly but I recall in Amy's interview she said that Cindy asked her if she knew where Casey works and after Amy answered Cindy's question Cindy told her "I'm not sure that Casey even has a job!"

Exactly. I'm convinced that they both knew. GA and CA. CA had already caught her out about the Sports Authority job - it's not like she had no idea that her daughter was capable of lying about a job! They were both ignoring it because neither really wanted to deal with the "face off"...

MOO

True. If she were honest about all this she could have told the story Casey told her, but with less elaboration. Something like, "She told me they went to a convention during these days. (Insert names of people and dates) They had to stay an extra night. One of the cars was in an accident, the people were injured, (give date and name of hospital) so they stayed a few extra days." Quite simple really for a fictional tale. It would have established that Casey and Caylee were not at home during that week. She was far too elaborate with the fictional tale which, in effect, made Cindy look guilty as hell.

My theory is Cindy went into that meeting planning to stall with these outrageous lies of Casey's, thereby, killing time and not getting down to the true facts. Remember, she was adamant she had to leave by a certain time.

When Yuri jumped in, (which is very normal in cases like this) he was injecting an element of surprise and wanted to get Cindy's true reactions to Casey's lies ("none of these people exist"). Cindy went into combative, defensive mode, when that didn't work, she played her "poor grieving grandmother" trick. She's not stupid, just conniving like her daughter.

Both are despicable creatures, IMO.

Exactly. I'm convinced that they both knew. GA and CA. CA had already caught her out about the Sports Authority job - it's not like she had no idea that her daughter was capable of lying about a job! They were both ignoring it because neither really wanted to deal with the "face off"...

MOO

Anybody know when she was supposed to work at Sports Authority?

LE asked Cindy to go into detail about the supposed Zanny car wreck. She also made it very clear that she didn't believe it. Sheesh. If she's done so much wrong, pick on her for something real.

Just for some balance here, Chilly, would you please list her positive attributes?

1. She took care of Caylee all of her life.

2. She cleans really well.

3. She keeps herself up...clean clothes, neat hair, etc.

Can somebody expound on the statements about "possibly using the name ZG for whomever was keeping the baby...if CA (grandma)admits there was no actual ZG then what does she actually think happened to this child??????if there is no ZG and there is no kidnapping, what is there left? She says she thinks this was a name for whomever had her so what is the answer now about where this child is????? I just cannot figure this one out. I have read this whole thread....this was in the interview.......am I missing something here????

I've never seen CA accuse AH of anything. Where did you see that? She only said that she thought Casey might have used the name "Zani" sometimes to lead her to think she was leaving Caylee with a regular nanny all the time, when she might sometimes have actually been leaving Caylee with various friends instead, like JG or AH. In other words when she said Zani it might really have been other friends. But no accusation against any one of those friends. I also do think it's one possibility that KC might have referred to her friends by codenames (JL, R, JR, ZG) because her mother would not have approved of her staying with male roommates with Caylee. Especially when I heard some of the correlations that had come up, the car being totaled, the phone number correlation of the one roommate and JL, etc. Not to mention, simply the initials of the names. It's only one theory of course. But I haven't seen any accusation be made against any of those people. However, I don't see any need for LE to focus solely on KC in their questions and investigation. Somebody else out there could provide that one bit of information that could solve the case, you never know. You'd think it would be routine for everyone who was around KC and Caylee in any way to be investigated. Of course all of the roommates and friends in the case are presumed innocent of any wrongdoing

1. KC is the focus because she is the only one with the answers and is the only one not talking to LE
2. With 82 witnesses I would say many people were/are being investigated
3. How would you know that "all the roommates and friends in the case are presumed innocent?

Just for the record, I think Casey going on the PR trip was a ruse. She never planned to go. I suspect she was hoping to rip off Amy in her absence.

No, I don't think Casey was planning that trip. I think she was involved in something far more sinister.

Kinda like Scott Peterson being in Paris...

I do know that weddings are not held on Sundays usually....

Oh yes they are, if you're Jewish!!!!! Most Jews won't get married on the Sabbath (Saturday) unless, it's a Saturday night. I've been to lots of Sunday weddings...

Except they had burial added into their Caylee Trust account. Selective choices by the A's, to which they had to sign off on. Disgusting. They know Caylee is not coming home. Its sad that hope will not solve this or any other case. :mad: How do we know they provided all info as needed to LE? I pray and hope that the A's get counseling to come to terms with why they place KC above Caylee. Refusal to provide TES with an item from Caylee, not leaving their home to search for Caylee, refusing lie detector tests and with holding credit card statements. How does any of this help in getting to the bottom of what happened to Caylee? It doesn't and that in itself is a problem. Yes, it's sad.

Good for you. This needed to be said. I wasn't aware of the burial fund. Yes, it is disgusting.

Both are despicable creatures, IMO.

This has been bugging me, so I must vent:

I'm originally from NY, and when my husband and I had our son (Mom's 1st grandchild), we shared a mother/daughter (same upstairs as downstairs) home with my Mom. My Mom was there for the birth, and every second thereafter. So I TOTALLY understand the love that Cindy had for that baby (I just saw the pics that were on her phone). My Mom and son were inseparable (Mom has since passed).

Why hasn't Cindy done the right thing by that innocent child? My Mom would have hung me out to dry. BTW...I would have rathered be in jail, than at home, for sure (in Casey's situation).

WHY ISN'T CINDY STANDING UP FOR THAT PURE, INNOCENT, LOVE OF HER LIFE???

Sorry for the rant, but THIS is freakin' me out!

Can somebody expound on the statements about "possibly using the name ZG for whomever was keeping the baby...if CA (grandma)admits there was no actual ZG then what does she actually think happened to this child??????if there is no ZG and there is no kidnapping, what is there left? She says she thinks this was a name for whomever had her so what is the answer now about where this child is????? I just cannot figure this one out. I have read this whole thread....this was in the interview.......am I missing something here????

My understanding was that Cindy was saying that she thought at one time there was a real ZG or "Zani"...but that more recently Casey had begun to refer to whoever had Caylee as Zani. She then stated that she thought that Zani was now probably Jesse or Amy. She seemed to feel more strongly about Jesse (she clearly doesn't like the guy). So in effect - she was saying that either Jesse or Amy had kidnapped Caylee. LE told her in the interview that Jesse definitely DID NOT have Caylee...but she didn't seem to want to buy that.

One thing I found weird about Cindy's interview was when she discussed the whole whereabouts of Casey when she supposedly went to Tampa, saw ZG have a car wreck, etc. Cindy went into very great detail when telling this story. LE seemed surprised to hear about ZG and RF going to the hospital - because that was something concrete they could verify and they said it was very interesting. Cindy then made a statement like "yea - you ought to check that out". She sounded so much like she was telling the truth and really believed the whole story. Then at the very end when LE says..."but we know this is not the truth - we know she was not in Tampa" - Cindy quickly agrees at that point.

So why did she tell the story as if she believed it - or as if it was the truth? Was she trying to get LE to believe the story? It is like she has trouble remembering what is a lie and what is the truth. I found it very curious and very weird.

Now we know Kc keeps stating that I haven't seen my daughter in 31 days and that is the absolute truth. We know Ca evidently believed her as she tells the story repeatedly that the nanny took Caylee a month ago.

Now will someone if you can please explain to me why Ca went all into this detail about the accident and the hospital that would have had to occur on what June 20 something !!

If the nanny and the baby have been gone 31 days how is it even possible to have gone to hard rock motel busch gardens be in an accident name a hospital ???

Now Ca would have to know this was impossible you could not have had a kidnapping and a trip .

but she keeps telling this like she realy thought Kc had been on this trip even at the end when the detective is trying to explain that Kc never left Orlando she says but she did go to Jacksonville!!!

My understanding was that Cindy was saying that she thought at one time there was a real ZG or "Zani"...but that more recently Casey had begun to refer to whoever had Caylee as Zani. She then stated that she thought that Zani was now probably Jesse or Amy. She seemed to feel more strongly about Jesse (she clearly doesn't like the guy). So in effect - she was saying that either Jesse or Amy had kidnapped Caylee. LE told her in the interview that Jesse definitely DID NOT have Caylee...but she didn't seem to want to buy that.

That's the way I understood it too. Cindy clearly doesn't like Jesse, and now that Amy has sued Casey for the stolen checks and money, Amy is also on Cindy's enemy list. The two people she thought could have Caylee are Jesse or Amy. Cindy elaborated on Jesse as being her first suspect, but also included Amy as a suspect. Knowing that Amy made a trip to Puerto Rico, I think that's why Casey came up with the new story about Caylee being kidnapped and taken to Puerto Rico, presumedly by Amy.

MOO

I agree and I think therein lies the problem. George and Cindy have never had the courage to face the fact that their daughter has major problems and never took steps to try to deal with them. They should have been in some sort of counseling years ago and learned some parenting techniques.

They know she lies.......Cindy has admitted that Casey lies, although she prefers to call it "mistruths." Yet knowing Casey lies, they believe everything she tells them without questioning it. Allowing Casey to get away with lying over the years has only enabled Casey to lie more.

I don't quite understand why everyone is bashing the A's. I can assure you that when you deal with a sociopath as convincing as KC (remember, she's been doing this her whole life), I think denial becomes YOUR way of life. The only way to remain sane in the midst of this is perhaps to be an ostrich. Of course they know Caylee is deceased. They most likely rationally KNOW that their own flesh and blood is responsible. How terrible and terrifying is it to realize that the daughter you carried, loved, wanted, gave birth to, educated, planned birthday parties for, went to parent-teacher conferences with, got into ballet class (I'm just making a point here - not stating fact), cuddled while they were sick etc. is capable and culpable in the DEATH of your grandchild? That would be enough, I would think, to make one want to believe ANYTHING except that which one's rational mind already knows. The alternative is much too frightening.

I'm not defending them. I just feel very sorry for them and perhaps their lack of assertiveness or parenting skills. I would much rather believe that Caylee was kidnapped than dead.

JMO

I agree and I think therein lies the problem. George and Cindy have never had the courage to face the fact that their daughter has major problems and never took steps to try to deal with them. They should have been in some sort of counseling years ago and learned some parenting techniques.

They know she lies.......Cindy has admitted that Casey lies, although she prefers to call it "mistruths." Yet knowing Casey lies, they believe everything she tells them without questioning it. Allowing Casey to get away with lying over the years has only enabled Casey to lie more.

You are so dead on balls accurate... Thank you!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's the way I understood it too. Cindy clearly doesn't like Jesse, and now that Amy has sued Casey for the stolen checks and money, Amy is also on Cindy's enemy list. The two people she thought could have Caylee are Jesse or Amy. Cindy elaborated on Jesse as being her first suspect, but also included Amy as a suspect. Knowing that Amy made a trip to Puerto Rico, I think that's why Casey came up with the new story about Caylee being kidnapped and taken to Puerto Rico, presumedly by Amy.

Isn't it sad that Cindy feels the need to blame others instead of looking at her own daughter who's perpetrated the biggest of falsehoods? I'm with so many others who think that Cindy knows the truth but feels any criticism of Casey is a personal affront and reflection on her (that her own daughter committed murder). It's a personal thing for Cindy now, and I’m beginning to think that her defense has nothing to do with Casey anymore but everything to do with her. Therein, I feel, lies the hidden psychopathy in the screwed up dynamics of this entire family...

Just for some balance here, Chilly, would you please list her positive attributes?

1. She took care of Caylee all of her life.

Not Chilly but for me #1 covers it. G and C made sure that Caylee was taken care of physically and emotionally from the day she was born until the day KC decided take her from home and most likely from the world. They adored that little girl, nurtured her and gave her the love, security and stability that her own mother wasn't capable of or willing to provide. For me that says a lot, and it's something too many children never have. None of it makes the loss any less tragic, horrendous or senseless - if anything it makes it more so.

Sadly at this point there isn't much they can do for Caylee aside from trying to bring her remains home for a proper burial - and there's no guarantee they're even going to be able to do that.

Not Chilly but for me #1 covers it. G and C made sure that Caylee was taken care of physically and emotionally from the day she was born until the day KC decided take her from home and most likely from the world. They adored that little girl, nurtured her and gave her the love, security and stability that her own mother wasn't capable of or willing to provide. For me that says a lot, and it's something too many children never have. None of it makes the loss any less tragic, horrendous or senseless - if anything it makes it more so.

Sadly at this point there isn't much they can do for Caylee aside from trying to bring her remains home for a proper burial - and there's no guarantee they're even going to be able to do that.

I so agree. Thank you...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back