2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cindy Anthony appeared to me in the interviews/video to simply be a person who wants the authorities to investigate everyone who was around Casey/Caylee preceding the disappearance in case anyone can provide any bit of information. That is a reasonable expectation. I know I would want the same if one of my family members was missing. She said several times during the interview that she now knows that much of what Casey had told her during those weeks was false, but it was clear that she still had hope that the officers could get to the bottom of what had really gone on. The officers had asked Cindy to tell them every detail she could think of for a calendar/timeline, beginning back in May, anything whether it seemed related in any way to Caylee or not, for example, even her brother's birthday, which had nothing to do with anything. She sat there in that uncomfortable chair for so long putting in the effort to go painstakingly over this timeline and provide everything she could think of in case anything could be a clue or lead. I really liked the one officer who had asked Cindy to provide all the information she could and who was listening and making the notes. YM did not appear very interested in hearing most of Cindy's information, he only showed an interest in a few points that came up, like the part about the young man who had returned Caylee's swimsuit to Cindy. That's what happens when they get someone to just tell everything that went on in detail, a few things come up that might be of interest.

But then I was totally taken aback by YM's approach at the end of the interview when he got in Cindy's face and kept holding on to her arms. I thought she was extremely patient and tolerant with him. Why was he getting on to her like that, what did he want her to say? Did he want her to apologize to him in some way? That's what it sounded like. If he can't stand to listen to Cindy's questions and information, why be present? I was pretty shocked to see YM scold Cindy for talking to the media, and to carry on like he did about how hard the LE are working on the case, etc. I couldn't believe she would have to listen to all that when she is obviously living a total nightmare and was there purely to try to help them and comply with their request. Here she is, her granddaughter is missing and could even be dead, and the nightmare may NEVER be over for her. And she's having to placate an officer or apologize to him or listen to his gripes and how hard he is working? He's inconvenienced? He's tired of hearing Casey's lies? He's annoyed? He's exhausted?
She was doing exactly what the officer had requested, she wasn't controlling anything. She was sitting there for a very long period of time at the police station trying to do whatever she could to help them fill in the blanks. Who could do any better than she was doing in those circumstances. I can't even imagine it. I don't understand what YM wanted, for her to say, "OK, Caylee is dead and Casey killed her, case closed?" Why? It's not necessary for her to agree that that is the case, and who would expect the grandmother of the missing child to do that? Besides, I think some of the information she mentioned and was asking about could yield clues or leads. I thought she raised some good questions. Who was the other officer who seemed a bit more interested in Cindy's questions and information?

Thank goodness, I'm not nuts. Or if I am, at least I'm not alone. I don't know how Yuri could have expected Cindy to react any differently than she did when he got right in her face. I can't stand for anyone to hold my arms or be in my face like that.

for me, some of the points that were interesting in Cindy's interview were:

who was the young man who returned Caylee's swimsuit, why was he in possession of the swimsuit, etc? (Though obviously this person, like everyone in this case) is presumed to be innocent of any wrongdoing, but just as a matter of routine investigation.

The story about Z and R being along babysitting for KC and "JL" on the "business" trip, Z and R being in the car accident, Z's car totaled. Then CA heard later from AH that she had actually totaled her car.

The brief mention of how the phone number KC provided as "JL's" phone number had apparently turned out to be JP's real phone number? I hadn't heard this anywhere else so far in the case.

And the fact that CA first heard the "squirrel" story told by AH?

Whether any of these points might turn out to be relevant to the case or not, I obviously have no way of knowing.

Prayers for Caylee

Cindy Anthony appeared to me in the interviews/video to simply be a person who wants the authorities to investigate everyone who was around Casey/Caylee preceding the disappearance in case anyone can provide any bit of information. That is a reasonable expectation. I know I would want the same if one of my family members was missing. She said several times during the interview that she now knows that much of what Casey had told her during those weeks was false, but it was clear that she still had hope that the officers could get to the bottom of what had really gone on. The officers had asked Cindy to tell them every detail she could think of for a calendar/timeline, beginning back in May, anything whether it seemed related in any way to Caylee or not, for example, even her brother's birthday, which had nothing to do with anything. She sat there in that uncomfortable chair for so long putting in the effort to go painstakingly over this timeline and provide everything she could think of in case anything could be a clue or lead. I really liked the one officer who had asked Cindy to provide all the information she could and who was listening and making the notes. YM showed an interest in a few points that came up, like the part about the young man who had returned Caylee's swimsuit to Cindy. That's what happens when they get someone to just tell everything that went on in detail, a few things come up that might be of interest.

But then I was totally taken aback by YM's approach at the end of the interview when he got in Cindy's face and kept holding on to her arms. I thought she was extremely patient and tolerant with him. Why was he getting on to her like that, what did he want her to say? Did he want her to apologize to him in some way? That's what it sounded like. If he can't stand to listen to Cindy's questions and information, why be present? I was pretty shocked to see YM scold Cindy for talking to the media, and to carry on like he did about how hard the LE are working on the case, etc. I couldn't believe she would have to listen to all that when she is obviously living a total nightmare and was there purely to try to help them and comply with their request. Here she is, her granddaughter is missing and could even be dead, and the nightmare may NEVER be over for her. And she's having to placate an officer or apologize to him or listen to his gripes and how hard he is working? He's inconvenienced? He's tired of hearing Casey's lies? He's annoyed? He's exhausted?
She was doing exactly what the officer had requested, she wasn't controlling anything. She was sitting there for a very long period of time at the police station trying to do whatever she could to help them fill in the blanks. Who could do any better than she was doing in those circumstances. I can't even imagine it.
Besides, I think some of the information she mentioned and was asking about could yield clues or leads. I thought she raised some good questions. Who was the other officer who seemed a bit more interested in Cindy's questions and information? It was my impression he might be more interested in the missing person side of the case and YM might be a bit more interested in the possible homicide side of the case, the other officer might be better for liaising with the family regarding their questions about the missing person angle of the case, etc

I didn't hear them ask anything about Cindys brother, but then again I'm not sure that I saw the whole thing since it was split into sections. I did feel very bad for Cindy in that interview because I really feel like they were trying to make her understand "the truth" and I think it was just more than she could bear at that point in time. Since sadly I don't believe that Caylee is with us any longer I hope that she has been able to come to terms with it for the sake of her own sanity.

Didn't you all see how CA was practically sitting on top of EE earlier in the interview? Talk about getting in someone's face. She was doing everything she could to control the situation. Go back and watch again and watch and listen to her closely. The interviewers can hardly get a word in edgewise. EE even said he'd never done an interview with the person he was interviewing being behind him.

Yuri was getting into her space, taking back control. He was also forcing her to face him and listen to what he was saying, something she had not been doing earlier. Every time they would say or ask something she didn't want to answer, she'd interrupt and bury them in yakking about something else. He was trying to get her to face up to her own lies and her daughter's.

I noticed something odd when they were replaying a bit of the interview on NG tonight. Most of the time CA pronouses Zanny as rhyming with nanny but at one point she pronounces it zay-nee. You know, if my experience with someone's name has been to hear someone talking about that person, I'd use that pronunciation when I spoke their name. Zann-nida not Zai-nida.

Thank goodness, I'm not nuts. Or if I am, at least I'm not alone. I don't know how Yuri could have expected Cindy to react any differently than she did when he got right in her face. I can't stand for anyone to hold my arms or be in my face like that.

I'm sure he had no idea how uncomfortable that could be for someone to be held onto like that, I'm sure he meant no harm whatsoever and could even have thought he was comforting her, but if it were me I would definitely have had to move back a foot or two or ask him to. I would have been so intimidated and uncomfortable. Especially with the level of exhaustion and worry already there because of Caylee being missing. I also thought it would have been good if they had simply put the calendar in front of her so she could fill in anything she could think of, so she could look at the calendar without having to get up and walk around the whole time. I was surprised how patient CA was with YM when he interrupted and started carrying on like that about these other things, I thought she was very patient and considerate of him. I hope he gives her credit for that much. Well, he's seen what she's had to go through, I imagine he does give her credit, and I'm sure vice versa

I didn't hear them ask anything about Cindys brother, but then again I'm not sure that I saw the whole thing since it was split into sections. I did feel very bad for Cindy in that interview because I really feel like they were trying to make her understand "the truth" and I think it was just more than she could bear at that point in time. Since sadly I don't believe that Caylee is with us any longer I hope that she has been able to come to terms with it for the sake of her own sanity.

I know what you mean, the interview is split into two videos and both are very long!

It was at the very beginning of the interview (first video), the officer had asked her to go through the calendar with him beginning back a month or two before the disappearance and provide anything at all that she could think of, day by day, anything at all that had been happening, for example were there any birthdays, just going day by day, whether little things on whatever date seemed relevant or not, because it could inadvertantly help her or someone else to remember something that was relevant, such as, was Caylee there at that particular time, etc. Just to begin constructing some kind of timeline. That was why she was going on with all these boring details, it was at the officer's request. Watching this I was thinking, imagine how hard it would be to try to sit there and concentrate on something like that when you're frantically worried about your missing grandchild and finding her. But you would hope that somehow it might lead to something useful, some fact or thought that might be a clue, I guess

I know what you mean, the interview is split into two videos and both are very long!

It was at the very beginning of the interview (first video), the officer had asked her to go through the calendar with him beginning back a month or two before the disappearance and provide anything at all that she could think of, day by day, anything at all that had been happening day by day, whether it seemed relevant or not, because it could inadvertantly help her or someone else to remember something that was relevant, such as, was Caylee there at that particular time, etc. Just to begin constructing some kind of timeline. That was why she was going on with all these boring details, it was at the officer's request. Watching this I was thinking, imagine how hard it would be to try to sit there and concentrate on something like that when you're frantically worried about your missing grandchild and finding her. But you would hope that somehow it might lead to something useful, some fact or thought that might be a clue, I guess

One of the news links even had it divided into 4 parts! But you are right, as I posted the other night the part with Yuri was Very Difficult for me to watch as a Mother and Grandmother myself, because I could "feel" Cindys anguish. But I'm having a real difficult time understanding how Cindy can live under the same roof as Casey day after day, even though publicly she has said that she thinks Caylee is still alive, she has had to consider the alternative and knowing that Casey knows the truth, whatever that is.

Was Cindy supposed to bring in a calendar already filled out?
That's what I would have done, at home, under no pressure.
Sorta like getting your paperwork together and in order for your tax accountant.

I don't think that the grandmother needs to admit that Caylee is deceased or that KC could be involved, etc. Is that necessary and would it help the case in any way? I don't think it would help the grandparent herself to believe that CMA is deceased, no parent or grandparent would ever believe that surely until a body is found. And if that happens, well closure isn't any comfort at all, nor would believing the worst at this stage be any comfort. Who would think about the possibility that she could be deceased, you wouldn't dwell on that thought, you would only care about your grandchild being alive. As long as there is any hope, even the slimmest hope, that the child could be alive and could be found, I would expect all family members to definitely keep that hope foremost in their minds. In the absence of a body, absolutely, what family member would not still keep hope? I'm still hoping and I am just a member of the public. Hoping and praying doesn't hurt a thing. When they've provided all the information they know of, what else can they do but continue to hope until all the facts are found and the case solved?

Was Cindy supposed to bring in a calendar already filled out?
That's what I would have done, at home, under no pressure.
Sorta like getting your paperwork together and in order for your tax accountant.

It would have been great if they had let her do that, a lot easier anyway than her having to walk around that table and chairs the whole time to see the calendar. But it was a great idea to go day by day on a calendar like that, one little unimportant fact could make someone remember something important they'd forgotten. A couple little things like that did come up in the course of it, like the thing about the young guy coming to the house to return Caylee's swimsuit

I watched the CA interviews and noticed that her stories where different than they were before and after the interview. I also wondered how CA could accuse Amy of having anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. Amy was herself a victim of KC's lies and stealing, and was the only one to help CA locate KC so she could check on Caylee. Jesse was a father-figure to Caylee when he didn't have to be. Why would CA be so willing to make excuses for KC's lies, yet try to incriminate people who had no motive to harm Caylee as KC did? I also wondered why CA wouldn't give LE her credit card statements if she was truly willing to do anything she could to help? And I will side with those who've said that they've never seen someone being interrogated get up and move beside the interrogator as if they were on an equal plain. That was a very controlling move, and they only let CA get so far because she is supposed to be a grieving grandmother, but she's too busy being a defensive mother. YM was in my view calling her on her actions by taking back control by positioning himself directly in front of her to remind her that he was to be the one asking the questions - not her.

I don't know what to think about this. We've heard from at least 2 of Casey's friends that SHE did not consider adoption an option. We've also heard that Cindy volunteered to adopt Caylee and give her back to Casey when Casey was ready to be a mother.

thanks for your posts, Chilly Willy. I also noticed that many posters had stated here that Cindy was giving Casey's storylines as if they were fact, which she definitely wasn't, she said that right out. She was asking the authorities to help her get to the bottom of what had really gone on.

I've also seen that posted many times, as well as stated in the media, that Casey had wanted to give her child up for adoption in the past. In fact, what the one school friend told police in the interview was that she had approached Casey during the pregnancy and told her if she didn't want to keep the baby that she would be interested in adopting the baby, but Casey wasn't interested. Yet you see that misquoted so often on the boards (and also in the media). Speculation has been so rampant in this case, especially in regard to KC herself and her motivations. Some negative bits of speculation have been repeated so much in the media they then start to be referred to as "facts", as starting points for further, wilder, even the most morbid speculation.

I watched the CA interviews and noticed that her stories where different than they were before and after the interview. I also wondered how CA could accuse Amy of having anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. Amy was herself a victim of KC's lies and stealing, and was the only one to help CA locate KC so she could check on Caylee. Jesse was a father-figure to Caylee when he didn't have to be. Why would CA be so willing to make excuses for KC's lies, yet try to incriminate people who had no motive to harm Caylee as KC did? I also wondered why CA wouldn't give LE her credit card statements if she was truly willing to do anything she could to help? And I will side with those who've said that they've never seen someone being interrogated get up and move beside the interrogator as if they were on an equal plain. That was a very controlling move, and they only let CA get so far because she is supposed to be a grieving grandmother, but she's too busy being a defensive mother. YM was in my view calling her on her actions by taking back control by positioning himself directly in front of her to remind her that he was to be the one asking the questions - not her.

I've never seen CA accuse AH of anything. Where did you see that? She only said that she thought Casey might have used the name "Zani" sometimes to lead her to think she was leaving Caylee with a regular nanny all the time, when she might sometimes have actually been leaving Caylee with various friends instead, like JG or AH. In other words when she said Zani it might really have been other friends. But no accusation against any one of those friends. I also do think it's one possibility that KC might have referred to her friends by codenames (JL, R, JR, ZG) because her mother would not have approved of her staying with male roommates with Caylee. Especially when I heard some of the correlations that had come up, the car being totaled, the phone number correlation of the one roommate and JL, etc. Not to mention, simply the initials of the names. It's only one theory of course. But I haven't seen any accusation be made against any of those people. However, I don't see any need for LE to focus solely on KC in their questions and investigation. Somebody else out there could provide that one bit of information that could solve the case, you never know. You'd think it would be routine for everyone who was around KC and Caylee in any way to be investigated. Of course all of the roommates and friends in the case are presumed innocent of any wrongdoing

if someone was asking you to give them details to fill out a calendar day by day, from May and June, it now being August, you wouldn't need to look at the calendar? She kept having to get up and walk around to try to look at it. If your granddaughter was missing, wouldn't you be desperately trying to tell them everything you knew, every name of everyone who had been around the child, in case anyone might know any scrap of information? If there had been a boyfriend of the daughter who had argued with you and tried to give you a hard time in your own house and made you very uncomfortable, and who the daughter had fairly recently broken up with, wouldn't you mention that to police? Regardless how innocent that person might be. I think most people would have been much more demanding and insistent in an interview like that, CA was more cooperative than a lot of people would be. As far as her not being still, it looked like sheer nerves and worry to me. Not to mention that she was having to meet for another interview and had come in to do this before because they asked her, she kept having to glance at her watch to make sure she wasn't late for her prior appointment. I think I would have been trying to be far more controlling, trying desperately to get anyone I could to listen and to search for Caylee out there alive. But you never know how you would act in a situation like that. Thank heavens most of us will never know

I would feel a lot more sympathy for Cindy if she stopped twisting the truth and blaming LE or JG for her troubles. She's not winning friends by being adversarial and contrary, and that's why it's hard for most folks to feel empathy for her at this time.

I think there could actually be a silent majority (most people don't get on discussion boards) who do have tremendous empathy for her, because most people have seen the footage on TV of the crazy mobs outside her house throwing coins at the windows, banging on the door, yelling insults, etc..... they are having to endure that while already being terrified for their granddaughter.

I'm just curious, when did she twist the truth? When was SHE adversarial? She has a right to continue to hope her granddaughter is alive, and she has a right to tell who all of her daughters friends and acquaintances were who were ever around Caylee and to expect that anyone and everyone be investigated in case they know anything. That's totally routine and to be expected. Why does it make some people angry that the grandparents won't give up the search and won't just say, "OK then, whatever you say, she must be deceased if you say so. We no longer want the case solved." What family member could do that? Of course they want the case solved, they want answers. I sometimes think maybe some members of the LE or the public want all the answers from them. But I don't think they have the answers, and KC may not either for all we know.

I think there could actually be a silent majority (most people don't get on discussion boards) who do have tremendous empathy for her, because most people have seen the footage on TV of the crazy mobs outside her house throwing coins at the windows, banging on the door, yelling insults, etc..... they are having to endure that while already being terrified for their granddaughter.
I am on a discussion board and I feel very sorry for them and what they have had to endure.

thanks for your posts, Chilly Willy. I also noticed that many posters had stated here that Cindy was giving Casey's storylines as if they were fact, which she definitely wasn't, she said that right out. She was asking the authorities to help her get to the bottom of what had really gone on.

I've also seen that posted many times, as well as stated in the media, that Casey had wanted to give her child up for adoption in the past. In fact, what the one school friend told police in the interview was that she had approached Casey during the pregnancy and told her if she didn't want to keep the baby that she would be interested in adopting the baby, but Casey wasn't interested. Yet you see that misquoted so often on the boards (and also in the media). Speculation has been so rampant in this case, especially in regard to KC herself and her motivations. Some negative bits of speculation have been repeated so much in the media they then start to be referred to as "facts", as starting points for further, wilder, even the most morbid speculation.
I don't see KC doing anything that she doesn't want to do. So, I think having Caylee was her decision. Whether she considered all the alternatives is neither here nor there. I think it has been blown out of proportion. jmho of course.

I'm just curious, when did she twist the truth? When was SHE adversarial? She has a right to continue to hope her granddaughter is alive, and she has a right to tell who all of her daughters friends and acquaintances were who were ever around Caylee and to expect that anyone and everyone be investigated in case they know anything. That's totally routine and to be expected. Why does it make some people angry that the grandparents won't give up the search and won't just say, "OK then, whatever you say, she must be deceased if you say so. We no longer want the case solved." What family member could do that? Of course they want the case solved, they want answers. I sometimes think maybe some members of the LE or the public want all the answers from them. But I don't think they have the answers, and KC may not either for all we know.

1.) Saying the trunk of the car smelled like a dead body, (“I told them that just to make them come quicker”) and then backpedaling and saying it was old pizza.

2.) When she told the media that LE didn't pick Casey's car up for two days when it was actually less than 24 hours.

3.) When she accused JG of having something to do with Caylee’s disappearance, even after LE told her he had been cleared of any wrongdoing.

4.) When she said on the news she knows who has Caylee but she wasn’t going to say whom until she was absolutely sure.

5.) When she told NG she had phone records that proved ZG called Casey at noon like Casey stated to LE, and this was an outright lie.

6.) When she wanted Tim w/ Eqqusearch to stop searching because he was only searching for a dead Caylee.

I don't mean any disrespect, Seagull, and I'm not trying to be ugly here, but I feel no matter what I say you're never going to get it. But I sense your personal pain and I'm sorry for you're suffering because you seem like such a nice person. Take care and God bless...

1.) I don't mean any disrespect, Seagull, and I'm not trying to be ugly here, but I feel no matter what I say you're never going to get it.

She gets it. She just will not admit it.

I think YM did an excellent job. It was a classic case of playing good cop bad cop. CA kept insisting on what Casey was telling her. They were trying to build a time line of the days that she saw Caylee during those months. She kept going on and on with the lies she's being told by her daughter. He was trying to wake her up. When a child is missing, they need information that's accurate, fast and not all these lies that KC has told. It was so frustrating to me that they let her go on as long as they did. I'm so glad YM stepped in. Just look at the interview after the bond hearing with CA. She was consistently bashing LE and has been for quite some time. CA talks in circles.

I agree............YM did an excellent job! Cindy is very controlling and manipulative, as we've all seen. She repeats Casey's lies as if they are the truth, going into great detail about those lies. And yet, when the two-hour interview is almost over, she admits she knows the trip to Tampa never happened. Why then, did she waste time dredging up every last little detail of Casey's lies about that trip???

YM did his best to reach out to Cindy, to make her realize that the goal is finding Caylee. He tried to make her understand that her media appearances, in which she blamed LE for not doing anything to find her granddaughter, was taking the focus off of finding Caylee. The media was reporting on Cindy's accusations instead of the search for Caylee.

We must remember that Cindy's interview is almost two months old, even though we're just now seeing it. In the time since that interview, we can all see that Cindy has become even more adversarial instead of cooperating with LE.

From the very beginning of this case, Cindy has been trying to control the direction of the investigation. She want's the investigation to conform to her daughter's lies, and when that doesn't happen, she gets angry and lashes out.

In the past two months, Cindy has lashed out at LE, the media, and to Tim Miller of Equasearch. Tim Miller is the best in the business when it comes to searching for missing people. Yet, Cindy insulted him when he wouldn't conform to her demand that he search for Caylee based on Casey's lies.........looking for a kidnapped child who's alive.

While Casey's behavior is bizarre, I think Cindy's outrageous behavior is what has propelled this case to the national media attention it's received.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NazmiaWojo
Back