2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another point I thought about...if Lee, Cindy and Casey kept a lot from him perhaps he felt like he had little control in the family and maybe that's why the yard was so important to him. I know that seems like a mute point but believe me when your world's falling apart and you are losing control of everything you try to hold on to just one little thing you can control. When that one little thing is taken away no matter what it is there is nothing left but helplessness. I know I've been there on the control issue. I'm talking about the protesters in his front yard not the back yard. Perhaps that was subconsciously the issue for the rage at them. Yea, I know no one agrees with me but it is just a thought.

I agree with you tiredblondy. :blowkiss:

I read the most disgusting comments on another site about George. One day they were commenting about how the yard was really looking shabby. Two days later when their gardener showed up, it was "how can they waste money for a gardener when their grandchild is missing". Then they criticized him for washing his cars. Reading in the released docs, I noticed that that is one of his "things" - every week, keeping the cars in good shape. Finding ways to bring normalcy into your daily life is one of the ways to survive a crisis.

I listened to George talk this morning. I haven't read all the comments here. I can imagine what they all say. But I like George and I feel sorry for George. I think he is still trying to think positive about finding Caylee. I don't think he can bring himself to think the worst. I think they really really need to find that body to put these people to rest and let them grieve. I think even if they find a body that CA won't believe it. I think George is a very nice man. I feel sooo bad for him.

Kathyn2 has a kind heart :clap::clap::clap: :blowkiss:

I felt bad for George yesterday, but after seeing this video I take it back. I can't get it thru my head how they could spend a majority of the day with Casey and not get some
type of leads on where an alive Caylee could be.

Oh well, Casey is where she belongs and should be there for quite some time.

IN George's interview at about 8:38 he said he is not frustrated with his daughter and that is when I have heard enough. As a father I would have beat the hell out of her when she was in that house to get to the truth. He still doesn't get it.

IN George's interview at about 8:38 he said he is not frustrated with his daughter and that is when I have heard enough. As a father I would have beat the hell out of her when she was in that house to get to the truth. He still doesn't get it.

And I would have held her down for you!

I made that comment about George's eyebrows because usually there are a few white hairs thrown in with the dark.
However quite a few people on here said that they knew people with solid black brows with white hair and on post #61 I acknowledged that.

I haven't however seen people so consumed with appearances.
Both physical and otherwise.
I think "appearances" are what hold that house of cards together.

Or so full of themselves- such as Cindy's comment yesterday to the media that they won't get any more exclusive interviews with her.
As if that's the most pressing thing on her mind.

Or the son speaking to the police and laughing about the smell in the car or having his phone continually ring throughout the interview and saying at one point that it was the media followed by even longer laughter.
Is he too important to just 'shut his phone off' while being interviewed by the police on the disappearance of his neice?

Or George's behavior this morning saying his daughter would never harm Caylee.
Then WHERE is she?
Are you telling me they would let their daughter get charged with 1st degree murder if they knew where she was?

And people DO expect to see SOME show of emotion especially where a child is concerned. Some outward appearance of grief.
Not just 1 lone tear running down a face.
But some real desperation in their voice; like the 1st time Cindy called 911.

These are just a FEW of the reasons they rub people the wrong way.
And I kniow i'm not the only one.

Oh, and saying that things i've said are ugly or hateful:
There is nothing more ugly or hateful than covering up the probable murder of an innocent child.
No matter WHO did it.

I'm really disappointed. I really thought George stood up for Caylee yesterday, but truth be known he most likely only told them what he said in his interview. Only because he had to. Not because he wanted too. After the interview today I take back what I said yesterday about feeling sorry for him.
After Cindy's interview I believe it will not matter if they find Caylee's body. She will never believe it is her, and she will never publicly admit Princess Ice did it. It will always be someone else's body and someone has Caylee, and Princess Ice was railroaded by LE.

Justice will come for Caylee.

I'm really disappointed. I really thought George stood up for Caylee yesterday, but truth be known he most likely only told them what he said in his interview. Only because he had to. Not because he wanted too. After the interview today I take back what I said yesterday about feeling sorry for him.
After Cindy's interview I believe it will not matter if they find Caylee's body. She will never believe it is her, and she will never publicly admit Princess Ice did it. It will always be someone else's body and someone has Caylee, and Princess Ice was railroaded by LE.

Justice will come for Caylee.

Well, I sort of agree with your comment, but I think he may have just been on for camera's sake. I really hope behind the scenes he's spilling all he knows. And I think he is. Hope even... pray even.. imo

I made that comment about George's eyebrows because usually there are a few white hairs thrown in with the dark.
However quite a few people on here said that they knew people with solid black brows with white hair and on post #61 I acknowledged that.

I haven't however seen people so consumed with appearances.
Both physical and otherwise.
I think "appearances" are what hold that house of cards together.

Or so full of themselves- such as Cindy's comment yesterday to the media that they won't get any more exclusive interviews with her.
As if that's the most pressing thing on her mind.

Or the son speaking to the police and laughing about the smell in the car or having his phone continually ring throughout the interview and saying at one point that it was the media followed by even longer laughter.
Is he too important to just 'shut his phone off' while being interviewed by the police on the disappearance of his neice?

Or George's behavior this morning saying his daughter would never harm Caylee.
Then WHERE is she?
Are you telling me they would let their daughter get charged with 1st degree murder if they knew where she was?

And people DO expect to see SOME show of emotion especially where a child is concerned. Some outward appearance of grief.
Not just 1 lone tear running down a face.
But some real desperation in their voice; like the 1st time Cindy called 911.

These are just a FEW of the reasons they rub people the wrong way.
And I kniow i'm not the only one.

Oh, and saying that things i've said are ugly or hateful:
There is nothing more ugly or hateful than covering up the probable murder of an innocent child.
No matter WHO did it.

I do see your point, but I think the point some others are trying to make is that them "covering up" evidence is coming from a place of grief, and not from being malicious. That maybe they are actually in denial, and really DO want to believe she is alive, Maybe they are generally traumatized and this is the best they know how to deal. Grief can do amazing things to a person, and manifest itself in strange ways.

I understand your posts entirely- don't get me wrong. The Anthony's sometimes rub me the wrong way, too. It's just that I try, try, try to remember, (no matter HOW much I disagree with the Anthony's) that everyone reacts differently to grief, and denial can be VERY strong when you're thrust into such a situation. As frustrated as I get with this whole mess, I try to at least allow them that...

but I do agree with some of what you're saying. I think that the things like Cindy promising "no exclusives" is more of her trying to keep the power over the media, and less "I want to be on camera". I think it's the only real power she has left. I also think "appearance" is the only control they have, too. So they try to use it...

I hope you don't think I'm trashing your posts, or judging you. I really do understand how you can come by your opinions. A lot of people share your opinion.

We're all going to have different opinions on this; that's just the way the world works. i don't presume to think anyone's opinion is more "wrong" or "right" than mine:) Just different.

:blowkiss:

I'm sorry you guys but I have a question. Has anyone ever heard of a case where someone was charged with murder and the victim turned up alive?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

It happened here a few years back. A serial killer was on trial for the murder of a girl and she showed up in the middle of his trial! She had been hiding at her boyfriends house, virtually in his closet for 5 YEARS!!!!

Coincidently, she is on the cover of one of our womans mags this week. She just married the boyfriend. Her name is Natasha Ryan. It was a CRAZY story.

God forbid if a movie is ever made of this case I found the *perfect* George. You know that guy that played Peter Brady on the Brady Bunch (Christopher Knight). If you dyed his hair white he's a dead ringer. He makes many of the same facial expressions as George too.

Originally Posted by nnglas
I'm sorry you guys but I have a question. Has anyone ever heard of a case where someone was charged with murder and the victim turned up alive?

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I know of someone who was actually INDICTED for murder, but was not arrested because the actual murderers talked to someone who went to the police. Please Google Caren Koslow.

Who is this PI guy they hired 2weeks ago? Is he up to no good or what? I don't think I'll be holding my breath that thier PI are close to bringing Caylee home anytime soon!

I feel bad for what KC is putting GA through with all her lies!

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::behindbar:behindbar:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

The lies the Anthonys tell now are lies to protect themselves from the lies they've already told. While I appreciate and understand the grief and desire to believe in the best possible outcome in this case, that Caylee is found well and alive, lies told at any time during her disappearance not only thwart that possibility, it destroys a public faith in people from around the country who genuinely wish for that same outcome.

In all things, people owe the truth as difficult as it is to conceive in order to better the inter-relationship we all have with one another. When in the course of human tragedy, people endeavor to falsely put forth information in order to protect themselves, it is doubly disturbing.

We the public did not ask to be drawn into the family tragedy. But we were coaxed in by the overwhelming pathos this case has. A missing little girl. An accused mother. Grieving grandparents. We WANT to care. But when people lie to us, it is hard to maintain. And now the lies are being compounded. It is not simply what the Anthonys want to believe. It is what they say they want US to believe. I, for one, will not be strong-armed by the lies being told to hide the lies told early on.

I simply have no time for lies at all.

This truely made me CRY!
I Feel Sorry for george, he is upset with some of his neighbors and plans to talk with them and he also states he is going to drive the buildboard around today!
http://www.wftv.com/video/17719972/index.html

Made you cry?! Key words folks from SIMPLE MINDED GEORGE:

Several times he refers to Caylee as "THIS CHILD and "THIS GIRL" complete detatchment as he fails to INDENIFY with Caylee.

'YOU DON'T ABANDONED A CHILD" Worried that people are going to give up looking for 'THIS CHILD".

Ummm, excuse me, YOUR DAUGHTER ABANDONDED THIS CHILD. !!!!!!!!!

Nope NO sympathy from me, not one bit. This Grandfather should be combing the streets searching for THIS CHILD. Yet there is still an underlying blame to 'PEOPLE WHO STILL SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR HER AND COMPLETE DENIAL."

At this point, even if the dead body of Caylee Anthony was delivered to their doorstep, they wouldn't believe it. This are SICK folks. Truly disturbed. He even skirted the reporters question about asking Casey where Caylee is, "sometimes it was hard, other times I just held her, she's my daughter...."

These parents have NEVER EVER HELD CASEY ANTHONY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING IN HER LIFE. It's not going to change all through the trial and when she is convicted, which she will be. This family should be closely studied by Psychologists. Perhaps we will better understand how a Sociopath is shaped by her family environment.

Wow - I just can't imagine being in George's place - how heartbreaking - to hope Caylee is alive and have to deal with Casey and all of her bs

IMO this is not heartbreaking, this is SICK. This is how these people have dealt with their daughter her entire life. Casey's life was shaped into who she is today. What's heartbreaking to me is that both of these Grandparents have STILL not helped join in the search efforts, have not combed the streets looking for their Granddaughter, have not hired private investigators if they still honestly felt she was alive. This is just sick denial, and honestly, at this point, they have nothing important to say. This has been about Casey not Caylee since day 1 with them.

Watching that video made me think of 2 things:

1) He's buttering up the media by telling them how great they've been keeping this "missing child" story going because he knows that after today the media is going to back off unless there is breaking news in the case.
If the media goes away, there goes the attention they want so badly.

2) Does a man with pure white hair have pure black eyebrows?
Yes, I know that's an odd thing to think about while watching this but i'm struck by how much primping this family does while Caylee is out there somewhere more than likely dead.

I know people who have lost a child to illness and trust me they rarely wear make-up anymore, fix their hair, put on lots of jewelry or DYE their eyebrows so they look good.
They are dragging themselves around just trying to get through the day; going through the motions.

Yesterday Casey kept messing with her hair. Why didn't she just tuck it behind her ear?
Because she wanted to keep her "style" looking good.

I have never seen people who are suffering focus so much attention on how they look.
It sickens me.

Rookie, I couldn't agree with you more. Prior to this they were bashing the media, now they are thanking them. I see manipulation all over this interview. Other's have been bashing your comments about their appearance, but this is important to note. Also Cindy's continual appearances on talk-shows. If these people spent that much effort in searching for Caylee they would have found her by now. There is NO evidence to suggest this child is still alive, not one shred of it. They are only helping to keep THIS CHILD where she is.

I think he is in serious denial. CA, not so much.

I didnt like it when he called his neighbours "simple minded" because they are relieved that the protestors are gone and that KC is where she should be. Who can blame them for that?! Their lives have been total disrupted OF COURSE they are glad its over!

And that printed out picture he is keeping with him as "evidence that she is out there"-
ummmm GA, its not evidence. Its just a sad memory. And you can best serve that memory by refusing to cater to your daughters lies. JMHO.

ETA- ITA that he is trying to butter up the media and show a softer side. The A-team probably realised that public sympathy swinging towards GA and they decided to milk it for all its worth. What we saw today with CA's "cameo's" and GA's impromptu presser was their idea of a media blitz.

How much more SIMPLE MINDED can you get when you were once a police officer your wife is a nurse, you smell and report that the trunk of your car smells like a 'DAMN DEAD BODY." but then later recant that statement and suggest it's from old pizza.
YEAH SIMPLE MINDED ALRIGHT :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back