2008.11.13 - 11.14 LP J Blanchard Park Search #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA - I've been posting on another thread about wishing OSCO had simply said "no comment" today instead of bashing LP for "letting the media know first." Would've beena little less hypocritacal, since LE aired those comments to none other than the same media LP "involved..."

SNIPPED: "The statement by LE was to let media know exactly how high an esteem LE holds Leonard. And it's not very high. ..."

I completely agree with you, Kgeaux, that OSCO's public comment was to let the public know that they are not pleased with LP at the present time. :)

As a threshold matter, don't you see the hypocrisy in OSCO using the very same media to say such a thing? I know I sure do.

As to the merits of why OSCO was displeased, I say OSCO has no one but themselves to blame for that which they now complain.

OSCO knew in advance of the BP search by LP's team, (at the latest, when the applications for the search were presented at the park authority's offices, or possibly earlier, as I cannot imagine that LP would have gotten that far into the actual planning of this search w/o discussing it with LE in advance of actual application preparations,)
and OSCO knows from prior first-hand experience in THIS CASE that LP always travels with media reporting each and every move, so why didn't OSCO, upon being presented via the park authority with LP's search apps, respond by saying that the search would only be allowed/approved IF LP agreed to so it privately? :waitasec:

Shame on OSCO for not being proactive when it could have been if privacy of the search, so that they would be first notified of any finds, were so important to OSCO.

For these reasons, OSCO should have known better than to go on the very same media outlets complaining about something they could have prevented from the outset.

Did you see the diver with the bone? It had a joint and he even moved it back and forth. That was NO chicken bone.

That was a piece of wood the Divers brought with them to show as an example. It is wood, not bone, and not found at Blanchard.

This is all a big mess.

First its fingers and toes.

Then, its nothing.

Last night, it was rocks.

This morning its fragments of animal bone.

There are some rather big and loud descrepencies, here. The whole thing is incredible strange. I really WOULD like to see an analyst give as theories WHY a bag containing toys and fragments of ainmal bone where weighted down with concrete and drppoed into the River. :twocents:

While I agree with you that this is slimy, distasteful, I don't care if they write books, get movie deals whatever...IF they find Caylee so she can be given a proper burial.

The family obviously has never looked for her and they KNOW there was a dead body in the trunk of the car! And they all know who it is. Cindy might have had a break with reality, but George and Lee may be in this to their eyebrows.

And Tim announcing that on tv was not helpful. He has done his share of media hogging. Do you remember the Natalie Holloway case?

He would come, then leave, come and leave. Weather conditions were not an issue.

So I don't care about the infighting between LP and TM...and I don't care about their issues with one another.

I just HOPE that somebody finds Caylee. That is my hope. To think that nobody will ever find that little baby, no matter what the condition she is in, makes me so sad.

So anybody who will look for her, regardless of motives, has my thumbs up.

What I HAVEN'T seen is Orange County actively looking for her, nor the Anthony's themselves.

So kudos to anyone who will try. JMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Anyone at JB park today or who may have means of contact with LP... I'm curious as to whether the river contains areas where strainers are present. If so, has or will the strainers be searched and/or removed and taken apart to search for any remains.

In moving water such as the river usually smaller bones, such as finger and toes, will frequently wash away to the strainers while long bones, femur, etc., will only move a short distance.

Furthermore, IF smaller bones were found yesterday, that might indicate the longer bones would be located farther upriver unless the entire body was placed in a sealed bag or container.

TIA

Bolded by me.
This is a great point. I know nothing about strainers in that river, and I know it's got a weak current at best, but it never hurts to look.

Bolded by me.
This is a great point. I know nothing about strainers in that river, and I know it's got a weak current at best, but it never hurts to look.

The current is currently weak but when Fay came rolling through that river had to be moving pretty swiftly sending a lot to a screened area and moving small bones very easily. IMO

How can they actively search for her when no one knows where she is? They are tracking pings. That is a wide area to search. They do not have the manpower or man hours to completely dedicate searching such vast areas. On top of that, other crime in orange county doesn't stop. They have to continue to work their other case loads.

They have had so many different individuals come to them with ideas and theories leading them in so many directions. I think they are very suspect of just about everyone right now. Even organizations that do have good reputations.

We really do not know all that is going on with this investigation. Nor should we.

How can they actively search for her when no one knows where she is? They are tracking pings. That is a wide area to search. They do not have the manpower or man hours to completely dedicate searching such vast areas. On top of that, other crime in orange county doesn't stop. They have to continue to work their other case loads.

They have had so many different individuals come to them with ideas and theories leading them in so many directions. I think they are very suspect of just about everyone right now. Even organizations that do have good reputations.

We really do not know all that is going on with this investigation. Nor should we.

I like this post. I think it's a waste of time, money and manpower to search an area of a river that probably contains its fair share of garbage. People throw stuff anywhere and everywhere all of the time. I will say this for the
third time: I hope that LP has more evidence of why she would be in that particular section of the river. Much more than we already know.

Whatever happened to this statement made by CA?

"If I have to go out myself, door to door, and look for this child, until the day I die, I will walk every inch of this earth and open every door and knock on every door everyday and I will look in every nook and cranny," Cynthia said. Fox News Interview, July 20, 2008

I have checked my nook and cranny....but CA hasn't checked it yet....

I'm quite shocked, now that all of this "search information" has come out regarding the TES search and this latest LP search. It doesn't sound like LE really has provided a great deal of information in order to carry out a more narrow search.

I have spent a lot of time looking at the various ping maps and realize that looking for Caylee is unfortunately like looking for a needle in a haystack. This has nothing to do with KC's intelligence or cunning but a lot to do with the geography of the areas she frequented. Nontheless, I really was expecting that LE and FBI would have been able to at least try to narrow down locations. Without the goal of covering ALL areas but with the hopes of focusing in on maybe a dozen key areas and covering those really well.

It doesn't sound like LE has been at all that involved or focused on the search.

MOO

People that were their yesterday actually saw the shamrock, and it turned out tracy the bh lady recognized a picture someone sent her from casey pictures. supposedly that turned into a gumby or whatever.

There is something not right in this whole thing.

Too many ego's are getting in the way, the main thing is Find Caylee Forget who's top dog.

Really I hate not knowing the whole story! First its bones, then rocks? Then its a shamrock, then a gumby! Whats the TRUTH people? There has been no truth in this case since day 1.

Really I hate not knowing the whole story! First its bones, then rocks? Then its a shamrock, then a gumby! Whats the TRUTH people? There has been no truth in this case since day 1.

I'm beginning to think we will never know the entire story. Caylee won't be found, KC will be convicted of a lesser charge and will get out on good behavior after a few years. She will continue with her partying ways and Caylee will never be properly laid to rest. I reallly hope they found something in there search yesterday, but LE doesn't think what they found was relevant. "Sigh"

-------------------------------
Okay...okay..... perhaps a dumb question ... but what would animal bone fragments and children's toys be doing in the same bag ???????????? :confused:

IIRC No one said they were CHILDREN'S toys. They could have been the bones of someone's pet dog and the DOG'S toys, right?

IF and I say IF LP said that, (I don't believe it) - That was made as what is called "dark humor" in LE speak. They see so much horror in their jobs, there is a type of humor which sounds so bizarre to people not associated with LE.

It is a way to take some of the pain they endure away temporarily. It is not meant as vicious or ugly but a way of dispersing pain.

Many professions have the same dark humor. The surgeon who asks who wants the piece of liver for dinner he just removed; the flight attendant who tells the pilot to fly well, as the pilot is always the first to the scene of the accident, etc.

That was my experience as well. The more horrific the scenario the more jokes we told (amongst ourselves - never EVER to the public)...you CAN'T, or at least myself and my closest associates could never work a case without assigning it a lighter/funnier alter ego. We'd refer to the elements of the crime in the same way. It keeps it from being real. It enables LE to live outside the parameters of the reality of the crime itself and to create an anticeptic environment in which to work objectively and without normal human emotion interfering...

This is all a big mess.

First its fingers and toes.

Then, its nothing.

Last night, it was rocks.

This morning its fragments of animal bone.

There are some rather big and loud descrepencies, here. The whole thing is incredible strange. I really WOULD like to see an analyst give as theories WHY a bag containing toys and fragments of ainmal bone where weighted down with concrete and drppoed into the River. :twocents:

Someone may have given their pet dog or cat a water burial with the dog/cat toys.

There is only one person who knows the truth and she is happily noshing and reading in her private cell.. when she isn't catching a quick look at a tv set. That is the person responsible for all this turmoil. It is sad to see good people brought down because they want to help..various motives of course, but still at least doing something. LE is angry with Padilla, Tim is angry with Padilla, Padilla is just smiling and still "sittin by the river" You can't make this stuff up.

Hooray for our volunteer divers for not letting BS get in the way of the real agenda FINDING CAYLEE! After all the drama that went on yesterday I give them major props for coming back!! :woohoo::clap::clap:

Is it just me? Or did the diver that LP hired from Blackwater get offended when TM insinuated that they (TE) expert divers had searched already and that they could'nt possibly have found something his team (TE) didn't find? If I read him correctly, he seems offended and that could be motivation to keep looking and looking and looking until Blackwater finds what TE didn't...??? I'm so sad to see dissent between TM and LP....it makes everyone look bad and the A's are loving it...

I'm quite shocked, now that all of this "search information" has come out regarding the TES search and this latest LP search. It doesn't sound like LE really has provided a great deal of information in order to carry out a more narrow search.

I have spent a lot of time looking at the various ping maps and realize that looking for Caylee is unfortunately like looking for a needle in a haystack. This has nothing to do with KC's intelligence or cunning but a lot to do with the geography of the areas she frequented. Nontheless, I really was expecting that LE and FBI would have been able to at least try to narrow down locations. Without the goal of covering ALL areas but with the hopes of focusing in on maybe a dozen key areas and covering those really well.

It doesn't sound like LE has been at all that involved or focused on the search.
MOO

It sure doesn't, and that's why I don't understand why they are now against LP searching or shall I say the volunteer divers searching......at least someone is searching somewhere and so what if it's not where THEY think he should be looking! If LE and TM think they know where the body is then THEY should go look there! But no, once again TM is pulling out early. LE's version of searching for Caylee was giving TM $5,000.00 towards his "biggest search in history"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back