2008.11.13 Baez interview TruTV

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB was just asked about the 31 days and his response was that he will address that in his opening statement in court. Then asked about fair trial he said they will not be able to anywhere becuase people as far as Brazil have heard of the case.

JB was just asked about the 31 days and his response was that he will address that in his opening statement in court. Then asked about fair trial he said they will not be able to anywhere becuase people as far as Brazil have heard of the case.

Sigh....Oh JB, people as far as Brazil have heard of this case because the mother didn't report the kid missing for 31 days. Her statements, lies, behaviors have alone made this missing kid case stand out.

He also sounded to me like he was considering a mental illness defense. Says Casey was seen by 2 mental health professionals and those reports are sealed with the court and he won't address that at this times.

Says..... Tons of mail supporting Casey?

Well, I suppose if Scott Peterson & Richard Rameriz have fans, Casey can have fans too. Lots of freaks in this world.

He also sounded to me like he was considering a mental illness defense. Says Casey was seen by 2 mental health professionals and those reports are sealed with the court and he won't address that at this times.

That will ONLY come in during her sentencing..... she was NOT legally insane & everyone knows it!!!!!

Rest of Interview
I = Interviewer
B = Baez

I why this intense media storm?
B I don’t know, expected media attention on local level, has swarmed out of control, leaks through LE fueled the fire, disturbs us greatly, attorney interviews done to rebut

I Talk about leaking, release of documents, jail calls, ect. Unprecedented
B Not helpful, problem is people view news a fact but it is based on confidential contacts.
I 31 days she waited. How do you respond to that?
B that goes to the heart of what we are going to explain in court and compelling reason and will be covered in court.
I fair trial
B hope for fair trial, fear that this case will be decided on what has already gone out on the media
I internet people questioning Casey’s state of mind not now but then, question her behavior
B the court ordered 2 psychological reports which are sealed, cant comment
I drug history, medicines, and addictions
B covering all bases, any mental health issues will be explored, everything will be looked into, continue to more forward everyday. Going through valloumounous amounts of discovery to address all
I what do you want to keep in mind
B for every one we have a presumption of innocence, very real, should protect all of us, it is a threat when it doesn’t apply to everyone.
I do you believe caylee is still alive
B Absolutely 100% never waivered from that.
Casey has plenty of supporters out there ton of people across the US that believe in presumption of innocence.

Well, I suppose if Scott Peterson & Richard Rameriz have fans, Casey can have fans too. Lots of freaks in this world.

They are probably the same followers SP and RR have.

Why does he say "Casey wants her day in court" every time he is interviewed? It sounds so weird considering he also says it will all make sense once everything comes out. If she could explain things and they would "make sense" then why would she need a day in court. Spin spin spin!

:clap:

Isn't that the truth?

Why does he need a computer to work on her defense? All he needs is a note pad to draw a map to where baby Caylee's body is buried/dumped.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ooooooh, this should be good! :D

commercial

Got to the above post reading, and I think JB's mind is on a permanent commercial. What planet is he on? :crazy: An amber alert? ( surely he is familiar with the criteria for an Amber alert or is that to much to expect from him?) Not following up on tips? Not searching? Not only is he on another planet he must be in another solar system entirely. :crazy: (is there a clown smiley?)

Why does he need a computer to work on her defense? All he needs is a note pad to draw a map to where baby Caylee's body is buried/dumped.

computer crashed, then conference call. Sorry ! What did I miss ?

Can anyone make an avatar with JB spinning on a record player? That's what I invision everytime I hear him talk...

This is one STUPID man. Seriously.

He goes on and on..."Everyone is too focused on Casey when they SHOULD be out looking for Caylee!"

You total baffoon! Maybe, if you're client would give us more factual information about who supposedly has her living, breathing child, we COULD be! By not telling Law Enforcement or the public what the family knows from the PI, what are we supposed to be doing to help? Maybe Im just not clear on that, Jose.

I love Jami Floyd and the Best Defense, but I think she dropped the ball on this one. To allow JB to continue his BS about a "compelling reason", to not mention that this info has not been "leaked" but has been released under Florida's Sunshine Laws, to skim over all of Casey's lies...geez...I could go on all day. JB really makes me sick.

I think he's making a huge mistake and really setting himself up for a big fall by continuing to insist on this "compelling reason" crap. I can't wait to hear his opening argument to hear just what the heck could possibly be so compelling - what, "God" told her to do it??? At this point it would have to be something of this magnitude.

Sorry, had to blow off steam. Now I have to write to NG and tell her how much she let me down this week....

This guy is a real schlep he sounds just as far removed from reality as his client! I am beginning to think he got his Law license from a box of Cracker Jacks!

:furious:And how many TONS of mail is Baez throwing away because it is NOT favorable to Casey. Remembering he takes the mail to her that he wants her to see.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*