2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought the same thing. I rotated it, blew it up and I questioned it. If this an important part of the crime scene I would think there would be more pictures that showed the book instead of being just a small part of the picture. Perhaps there are more pictures that they have not released yet.
I'm sure they're holding onto pertinent photos. We haven't seen any pics of the actual remains either.

KC talking about the phone call from Caylee about the book:

Think she used it to try to tie the book at the scene with Zanny.
Good point if it is her book! Or, depending on when she thought up the 'nanny story', she could've realized the book was with the remains and backtracked to tie it to the nanny by mentioning that supposed phone call. MOO

Good point if it is her book! Or, depending on when she thought up the 'nanny story', she could've realized the book was with the remains and backtracked to tie it to the nanny by mentioning that supposed phone call. MOO

Yes! Many of us thought "it" at the same time, but I was quicker on the draw to post it.

Per Casey's statement about not seeing Caylee for 31 days, if you count from June 15th, that takes you to July 16th. Also LE, in one of the original doc dumps states that the confusion about June 9th came from Cindy and everyone including LE initially went with that.

I thought I heard that Casey and Caylee left home on June 9th. Not sure where she went to stay. So that would stick in Cindy's mind. Casey allowed Cindy to have Caylee back for Father's Day to go visit great-grandpa.

Casey had been keeping Caylee from Cindy from the 9th. Then, after she left on the 16th, she kept Caylee away from Cindy again....for good.

I believe this is just speculation and not confirmed.

I know that CA has stated publicly and to LE that she was mistaken about the date. But, who said the 9th first? I can't believe that a mother wouldn't know the last date that she had seen her child. I also know that is hard to go back 31 days and remember details, but the date that your child goes missing, that would be an important detail.

Exactly. In fact, Casey first said Caylee had been kidnapped 31 days prior to the 15-16 of July which would square with a June 15-16th disappearance. Cindy started placing her last sighting not only on the 9th of June but other earlier dates as well. I think she mentioned both the 7th and 8th at various times. Then, Casey started using the 9th as well. Lee told the police he thought KC was saying the 9th because Cindy was saying the 9th, but how many mothers, personality disordered or not, wouldn't remember the exact date and time of their child's 'kidnapping,' although we know that apparently KC didn't remember the place? No matter how psychotic, most women would still almost certainly remember the date their child died accidently or the date they killed their child. Even if KC killed Caylee, why not just tell the the police the right date? Why go with your mom's incorrect one? For some reason of her own, KC liked the 9th better so went with it. Good chance we'll probably never know her true motivation for doing so.

I'm sure they're holding onto pertinent photos. We haven't seen any pics of the actual remains either.

Oh Lordy! Let's hope those pictures are never released. The jury will see them like in the Bobby Cutts/Jessie Davis-Chloe case, but thankfully they never made it to the internet.

Oh Lordy! Let's hope those pictures are never released. The jury will see them like in the Bobby Cutts/Jessie Davis-Chloe case, but thankfully they never made it to the internet.
I agree ~ those photos are for the trial and jury only. :( MOO

I thought I heard that Casey and Caylee left home on June 9th. Not sure where she went to stay. So that would stick in Cindy's mind. Casey allowed Cindy to have Caylee back for Father's Day to go visit great-grandpa.

Casey had been keeping Caylee from Cindy from the 9th. Then, after she left on the 16th, she kept Caylee away from Cindy again....for good.

I believe this is just speculation and not confirmed.

If you read the emails between Cindy, her mom, her aunt and her brother it seems as though something was going on before the 15th. According to LA he saw Caylee on the 5th of June, which was CA birthday and KC wasn't there. I also remember CA saying that she was off and would have watched Caylee that week. In my opinion this fight started a week earlier and escaulated on the 15th.

According to the below link the book that was found in the woods is the book that Caylee was reading in the nursing home on June 15th 2008.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office
This undated photo shows missing girl Caylee Anthony reading a storybook police say they found in the woods near her family's

home.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,472146,00.html

And if you think about it KC has not left any wiggle room to say that Zanny could have had that book..Her statement that the police have states she gave Caylee to the babysitter on June 9th, they gave her the opportunity to change her story and she told them that this was the story she was sticking with...So I would like to know how JB thinks he will wiggle around this, he will either have to say there was no nanny as we all know, or he will have to figure out how she got the book from the afternoon of the 15th to the evening of the 15th, cause I am sure the SA knows that Caylee never left the house alive after the evening of the 15th..

Sorry. What does SA mean? (And Merry Christmas to all! Can't believe I'm here on Christmas Day, but that ol' turkey is taking his time.

If you turn the book that's in the crime scene pics 90 degrees to the right, it matches up to the way Caylee is holding it in the video screen shot. (upside down to us) What you are seeing as birds are the cats dark fur where they aren't wearing clothes.

It certainly appears to be the book, but I wonder if it had been photoshopped into that picture. It just doesn't seem 'weathered' enough to have sat out in the elements for six months. MHO

It certainly appears to be the book, but I wonder if it had been photoshopped into that picture. It just doesn't seem 'weathered' enough to have sat out in the elements for six months. MHO
That's the problem I'm having with the photo. It looks too "new" in that photo to have been sitting out in the elements and survived the flood. I do wish there were photos with the entire object in them. MOO

No, that's the way it looks on the WFTV website and they supposedly got it from the police.

I understand what you mean, though - I was very skeptical the first time I saw a grainy version of the picture. It could be that WFTV brightened it, but I'm not sure.

Exactly. In fact, Casey first said Caylee had been kidnapped 31 days prior to the 15-16 of July which would square with a June 15-16th disappearance. Cindy started placing her last sighting not only on the 9th of June but other earlier dates as well. I think she mentioned both the 7th and 8th at various times. Then, Casey started using the 9th as well. Lee told the police he thought KC was saying the 9th because Cindy was saying the 9th, but how many mothers, personality disordered or not, wouldn't remember the exact date and time of their child's 'kidnapping,' although we know that apparently KC didn't remember the place? No matter how psychotic, most women would still almost certainly remember the date their child died accidently or the date they killed their child. Even if KC killed Caylee, why not just tell the the police the right date? Why go with your mom's incorrect one? For some reason of her own, KC liked the 9th better so went with it. Good chance we'll probably never know her true motivation for doing so.

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i soooo agree with your comment. this week i had planned a xmas trip to disneyworld (yes in orlando and it feels weird to be here) anyway last night we went to magic kingdom and in about 2 seconds we lost my son (11 years old) within 5 minutes i had alerted the part security and the whole park was on lookout for him. it took an hour to finally find him and let me tell you-i told that security guard exactly what he looked like was wearing down to socks and exactly where my last look at him was. it was the most terrifying hour of my life. i cried and freaked and even though they kept telling me we have never in 37 years i was a total mess. i just kept thinking is he scared alone crying without his family? i beg you all to read this and understand there is no way!!! a mother could lose her child and let things go they way they did- NO WAY. in fact now i question ca when before i didn't. why did she let things go on so long especially if in fact she had klee call her "mom". i know the agony she "should" have gone through on a very personal basis now and there is just no way either of them acted in a normal manner.

ot - the book looks the same to me as well i have said that on other threads. i don't know why in the world she would leave this with the body but now i know none of her actions are in any way explainable.

ps. sorry for the weird typing i am using a computer in disney's contemporary resort and some of the keys are missing. i just had to relay this story as it really made my eyes wide open to just what is really going on. sorry so long i am still shook up over last night.

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i soooo agree with your comment. this week i had planned a xmas trip to disneyworld (yes in orlando and it feels weird to be here) anyway last night we went to magic kingdom and in about 2 seconds we lost my son (11 years old) within 5 minutes i had alerted the part security and the whole park was on lookout for him. it took an hour to finally find him and let me tell you-i told that security guard exactly what he looked like was wearing down to socks and exactly where my last look at him was. it was the most terrifying hour of my life. i cried and freaked and even though they kept telling me we have never in 37 years i was a total mess. i just kept thinking is he scared alone crying without his family? i beg you all to read this and understand there is no way!!! a mother could lose her child and let things go they way they did- NO WAY. in fact now i question ca when before i didn't. why did she let things go on so long especially if in fact she had klee call her "mom". i know the agony she "should" have gone through on a very personal basis now and there is just no way either of them acted in a normal manner.

ot - the book looks the same to me as well i have said that on other threads. i don't know why in the world she would leave this with the body but now i know none of her actions are in any way explainable.

ps. sorry for the weird typing i am using a computer in disney's contemporary resort and some of the keys are missing. i just had to relay this story as it really made my eyes wide open to just what is really going on. sorry so long i am still shook up over last night.
What a frightening experience that must have been!! Been there (but not quite an excrutiating hour!!), it's as if time stands still. Now, relax...take a deep breath...and get back out there! LOL

PS- I always said D**ney is a parent's worse nightmare. Vacation for who? double LOL

ETA: Enjoy your holiday!!

I don't think that picture has been photoshopped. I just looked through the other released photos on the WFTV website, and most are just as bright as the one with the book. The sun was shining, plus I'm sure the camera probably flashed in the shade where the book was found.

Here is a photo from the same series of pics, and it's just as bright. It makes me wonder if the book was possibly lying there closed, and someone opened it with the toe of their shoe or something. That could be why the inside pages are so bright - they had not been exposed to the sun.

Another pic of the crime scene on the same day.
CayleeCrimeScene2.jpg

Book pic
CayleeCrimeScene.jpg

Didn't KC text someone and say"I haven't even been living at home since the 9th."? I wanna say it was AH, but I could be wrong! Whatever it is there is some significance to the 9th. Maybe that's when it all started to go bust for KC?:mad:

What a frightening experience that must have been!! Been there (but not quite an excrutiating hour!!), it's as if time stands still. Now, relax...take a deep breath...and get back out there! LOL

PS- I always said D**ney is a parent's worse nightmare. Vacation for who? double LOL

ETA: Enjoy your holiday!!

thank you so much now i really gotta get offa here and take all my peeps to dinner and cirque du soleil!! u r right about nightmare! lol i thought i was gonna just magic the pants off of these kids for this christmas - but alas it has been a harrowing experience to say the least. i mean i know he is a big guy and all but you just never ever stop worrying about them you know?

merry christmas everyone! i hope you all got lovely presents and eat turkey till ya pass out!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back