2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been in lots of hurricanes, too, although I haven't lost personal possesions in any since Hurricane Betsy. That time, family photos were still hanging on the walls----but they were blank, the pics had washed off-----and the walls were two blocks from where they'd been before. Not one of my childhood books survived. They'd all been submerged, the cardboard covers were swollen and ragged, the pages were stuck together, entire books were black with mildew.

They weren't in pieces, I'll give you that! But they didn't have anything near a 90% angle edge like we see in the photo.

In the area we are discussing, water was covering at least deep enough to submerge a four wheeler for several weeks. Then, when the water subsided, it was back to exposure to heat and humidity, animals and all the ramifications of an outdoor swampy environment......It's possible that this book escaped without mildew, mold, swelling, etc. But it's not probable.

I know it seems unlikely, but yet there is definitely something there. And I am pretty confident I see a photo tucked underneath it. I noticed that the area where the tent is (and where the actual bag and body were found) was angled down in an area lower than where the books and other debris was found. It seems like it was in an area that was lower than the front tree line. So perhaps the area where the "book" was found was not submerged - just subject to rain. I know I am grasping at straws here...it could be nothing. :crazy: But I swear I see a photo or picture...so if that survived....why not a book?

I know it seems unlikely, but yet there is definitely something there. And I am pretty confident I see a photo tucked underneath it. I noticed that the area where the tent is (and where the actual bag and body were found) was angled down in an area lower than where the books and other debris was found. It seems like it was in an area that was lower than the front tree line. So perhaps the area where the "book" was found was not submerged - just subject to rain. I know I am grasping at straws here...it could be nothing. :crazy: But I swear I see a photo or picture...so if that survived....why not a book?

I'm old. I don't see a photo! But I don't see the dust on my furniture, either, so it's a good trade-off!

I see what you are saying. What worries me is that Tim Miller and equuasearch went over the unsubmerged portion of that area and didn't see a book or photos or anything at all.

I'm not saying the book was not left in the area the entire time, although I don't believe it was. (Heck, I'm not even sure it's a book!)

I do think the book takes on a much more important, much more sinister tone if it was taken out of the Anthony home after August.

I'm old. I don't see a photo! But I don't see the dust on my furniture, either, so it's a good trade-off!

I see what you are saying. What worries me is that Tim Miller and equuasearch went over the unsubmerged portion of that area and didn't see a book or photos or anything at all.

I'm not saying the book was not left in the area the entire time, although I don't believe it was. (Heck, I'm not even sure it's a book!)

I do think the book takes on a much more important, much more sinister tone if it was taken out of the Anthony home after August.

At the risk of sounding like Casey....ABSOLUTELY. LOL. If the book was put there later that is really bad. I am honestly not sure it is a book either. Could be a metal sign or something else. It is just curious because it "looks" like it could be a book and it is yellow like Caylee's book. You just really can't tell. But I am much more positive of the photo or picture I see. But that could have been dumped later and be totally unrelated to Caylee. Who knows. I am sure when the evidence is identified we will all have a good laugh at some of the stuff we thought we saw.

I've been in lots of hurricanes, too, although I haven't lost personal possesions in any since Hurricane Betsy. That time, family photos were still hanging on the walls----but they were blank, the pics had washed off-----and the walls were two blocks from where they'd been before. Not one of my childhood books survived. They'd all been submerged, the cardboard covers were swollen and ragged, the pages were stuck together, entire books were black with mildew.

They weren't in pieces, I'll give you that! But they didn't have anything near a 90% angle edge like we see in the photo.
Been there, too, kgeaux, but in 1965, none of our books were laminated like modern kids books.

I'm not sure just what's up with the objects in these photos. I DO think what I see is a page from a book, but not the Fuzzypaws book Caylee's reading in the video. Pretty sure I see a stuffed kitty (tiger?) nearby. As for the photo lying next to it that many see, well, all I can say is :waitasec:.

At the risk of sounding like Casey....ABSOLUTELY. LOL. If the book was put there later that is really bad. I am honestly not sure it is a book either. Could be a metal sign or something else. It is just curious because it "looks" like it could be a book and it is yellow like Caylee's book. You just really can't tell. But I am much more positive of the photo or picture I see. But that could have been dumped later and be totally unrelated to Caylee. Who knows. I am sure when the evidence is identified we will all have a good laugh at some of the stuff we thought we saw.

The colors surely are similar to the colors in the FuzzyPaws book, which is one of a series. The series was written and illustrasted by the same woman, who used soft watercolors throughout the books.

On the topic of the photo: Is there an enhanced pic here on websleuths that shows the photo? I'm looking and looking, and I just can't find anything!

Been there, too, kgeaux, but in 1965, none of our books were laminated like modern kids books.

I'm not sure just what's up with the objects in these photos. I DO think what I see is a page from a book, but not the Fuzzypaws book Caylee's reading in the video. Pretty sure I see a stuffed kitty (tiger?) nearby. As for the photo lying next to it that many see, well, all I can say is :waitasec:.

This series has been out of print for some time, but not sure exactly how long. It was first printed as a part of the Little Golden books which are (guesstimate here!) roughly 6 by 8", reprinted as board books around the same size as the Golden books......those sizes have been out of print. I didn't have any luck finding out when the larger book we see Caylee reading was printed, but to be honest, I haven't had much of a chance to research it. All this is a very longwinded way to say: I don't know that the book Caylee is reading has been laminated with the modern method. If they are 20 years old, would that make a difference?

LOL: Yeah, my little books were dinky compared to the newer ones! Point taken!

I'm not sure if anyone has posted the book Caylee was reading in the nursing home but I have that book. I scanned it and put it in a photo bucket for another friend of mine. Here is a link to the book. I hope it helps.

link doesn't seem to work when I post it here don't know what I'm doing wrong.

http://photobucket.com/cayleeanthony_2009

so go to photobucket ....
www.photobucket.com and then type in search findcayleeanthony

Didn't seem to find the thread to post this, but I really would like to know what Baez took out of the house? I know LE went in with a search warrant, then Baez then LE again. He could of taken something important "IMO"..

I'm not sure if anyone has posted the book Caylee was reading in the nursing home but I have that book. I scanned it and put it in a photo bucket for another friend of mine. Here is a link to the book. I hope it helps.

http://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh426/findcayleeanthony/
Your link works fine and thank you thank you thank you for scanning the book and providing the link.

Your link works fine and thank you thank you thank you for scanning the book and providing the link.

You are very welcome! When I first heard about Caylee and saw her reading the book, I had to locate it and purchased one so I could see why she was saying no, no way. I felt much better after reading the book, she was scolding the kitty for not eating her supper so she could have a cookie. It's a sweet story. I have heard some say they thought they saw a duck on the pages found that we saw a picture of. If you notice on the last page it gives other Golden Books and one name is "Hide and Seek Duck". I'm just wondering if she had the full set?

Thanks for those book scans!

However, I can't reconcile any of those pages (remember to look at two-page spreads) with the crime scene photo of what many think is "the book". I certainly agree that the coloration and whatnot look right, but none of the page spreads match up in my mind.

Does anyone think that they see a match between the crime scene photo and the book scans? If so, which pages and which orientation? (E.g. pages 4 and 5 oriented with the bottom of the book closest to the camera.)

Thanks for those book scans!

Does anyone think that they see a match between the crime scene photo and the book scans? If so, which pages and which orientation? (E.g. pages 4 and 5 oriented with the bottom of the book closest to the camera.)

Yes those 2 pages I think are the two that match up the best. Take in consideration that as the facts now stand and as far as we know, the book was in the weather for almost 6 months and all the colors would run together. I'm really surprised the book found looks like it's in that good of condition that it actually appears to be. I would think it would have been reduced to mush and pieces, especially in the water for a long time. However the book is of hardy cardboard stock and thick.

th_Z-Page2-3together.jpg

Z-Page2-3together_plusthebookfou-1.jpg

BookFoundCompare.jpg

http://photobucket.com/cayleeanthony_2009

so go to photobucket ....
www.photobucket.com and then type in search findcayleeanthony

Thanks x1,000!!!

1) Have been wanting to take this book over to the "All about Caylee" thread since the case started in July....

2) I dunno if the book in the pic is "Frieda.." or not. I can almost convince myself that the book is upside down in the pic and that I can see the bottom side and foot of the green stove in the correct place with the page heavily damaged/torn and leaves, etc. on top of much of it. I dunno...just dunno...

ok, now i do NOT think that is the same book. of course i also didn't see the picture everyone was talking about either.

but, i still say that book looks like an animal (duck) with a pirate's hat on.

great work on the pic's for comparison y'all - so helpful.

Thanks x1,000!!!

1) Have been wanting to take this book over to the "All about Caylee" thread since the case started in July....

2) I dunno if the book in the pic is "Frieda.." or not. I can almost convince myself that the book is upside down in the pic and that I can see the bottom side and foot of the green stove in the correct place with the page heavily damaged/torn and leaves, etc. on top of much of it. I dunno...just dunno...

HOLD ON BEFORE YOU POST IT I AM GOING TO PUT THE BOOK TOGETHER
Hopefully that will help everyone see it better. I had to scan it page by page.

http://photobucket.com/cayleesbook

You are very welcome! When I first heard about Caylee and saw her reading the book, I had to locate it and purchased one so I could see why she was saying no, no way. I felt much better after reading the book, she was scolding the kitty for not eating her supper so she could have a cookie. It's a sweet story. I have heard some say they thought they saw a duck on the pages found that we saw a picture of. If you notice on the last page it gives other Golden Books and one name is "Hide and Seek Duck". I'm just wondering if she had the full set?

Thank you so much for posting the link, NetDetective. That book was printed in the 80's and is now out of print (I believe.) Wouldn't it be great if it could be re-issued as a special commemorative edition in honor of Caylee?

Thank you so much for posting the link, NetDetective. That book was printed in the 80's and is now out of print (I believe.) Wouldn't it be great if it could be re-issued as a special commemorative edition in honor of Caylee?

Yes Lacey it would be great if it could be reissued. The lady I purchased this one from sold it for about the price it originally went for and apologized because it was not in good condition she said all her grandchildren had read it. I saw where some people on ebay wanted something like $60.00 for the book. It would be good to get in touch with the author Cyndy Szekeres or
The Golden Book company to see if that is possible. It would be great to have this book dedicated to Caylee :)

According to the below link the book that was found in the woods is the book that Caylee was reading in the nursing home on June 15th 2008.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office
This undated photo shows missing girl Caylee Anthony reading a storybook police say they found in the woods near her family's

home.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,472146,00.html

And if you think about it KC has not left any wiggle room to say that Zanny could have had that book..Her statement that the police have states she gave Caylee to the babysitter on June 9th, they gave her the opportunity to change her story and she told them that this was the story she was sticking with...So I would like to know how JB thinks he will wiggle around this, he will either have to say there was no nanny as we all know, or he will have to figure out how she got the book from the afternoon of the 15th to the evening of the 15th, cause I am sure the SA knows that Caylee never left the house alive after the evening of the 15th..

Book laminated info is on page 4 added later in the day... post #95

BUS.TED!:behindbar

but, i still say that book looks like an animal (duck) with a pirate's hat on.
*snipped*
IMHO, the "pirate's hat" is actually a piece of debris laying on top of the book. It appears to me to have a different texture and color density than everything else. I thought it looked sorta like a piece of broken cardboard picture matting from one of those pics that has an oval cut-out in the middle. Just a thought....

That is odd, because the images in the book in the woods does not look like the book Caylee was reading in the video. Looked like kittens , not birds????

The book Caylee is holding in the video is all about a kitten or kittens, the one in the woods has a large brownish bird in it. The kitten book doesn't have that bird. So I don't think it's the same book. I never heard LE say it was the same book, but have heard the news media make the comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMsleuth1027
Back