2009.01.06 Nancy Grace - "Exclusive Interview with Psychic from BodyHunters"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that the defense is waiting for the court ordered disclosure of the state's findings before conducting their own examination. That has not happened yet. A motion filed today by the state is seeking to allow Baez to view the reports/photos without actually taking possession of them, out of concern that the photos may be sold to the media. It seems that is the reason for the delay.

(we have a thread about today's motion - I suggest you don a hard hat before entering)

I think that is pretty accurate description of the situation. I think LE had to wait to get their motion heard in court to prevent anyone from selling the pictures of the autopsy and I think it includes ANY autopsy done by anyone.

I have a feeling they got a tip that someone was trying to sell them before they did the autopsy.

Caylees remains are being stored in a cardbox in some type of cooler?!?!?

Personally I have never seen a card board box used as storage for a deceased. They are reserved for ship-outs. If the body has to stay at the funeral home for an extended amount time, they are simply placed in the cooler with a toe tag for identification.

The cooler looks like ( or the ones im used too ) a big metal fridge. It has three slots for a body to placed on. The coolers that I am used to, would not hold a cardboard box, as the cooler simply isn't big enough to hold one unless they move the slots or take them out.

E*E

I didn't know there was ANY place that did not use a container of some kind to cremate a body. Surely no one would want their loved one just shoved into the furnace without being in a box, or something!!

It is true, in some states, all you need is the body contained before it is cremated. Some people do use burlap bags rather than the cremation box.

I don't discount real psychics either, but as with any other profession/vocation there are those who do their jobs well and likely pay a heavy price in the process; those who skate on by; and those who are charlatans.

Yep. Some "readers" are just observing clues from clothing, jewelry, and other indicators.

There was a psychic contest on TV, over a period of weeks. They chose well. Most were very good in certain tasks. One could read crime scenes, but nothing else. One could distance read...

Then, there was this poor nurse who was psychic re: a crime ONCE. She was driving to work, and she "sensed" a murdered body in a particular area, along the fwy she was driving. She was right, She called the cops.... and they arrested her.

Ultimately, they let her go.

I thought Casey had to 'release' the remains? If so, theres nothing George and Cindy can do about it. Also, the cardboard box..well, my grandmother was cremated and when we received the remains from the funeral parlor...they were in a nicely decorated box lined with red velvet. i'm serious!

That was after a cremation and you paid for that. LOL

I got our friend's back in a gray hard plastic like box about the size of shoe box. I was shocked at how heavy they were. I am not a "cremation" believer, so that was my first experience with any of it.

Interesting. I would imagine that this autopsy was probably the most careful ever conducted by Dr. G. I can't imagine what the Defense will come up when they do the 2nd. I'm sure it will be another bombshell, though. (Shouldn't the entire universe be exploded by now?) And I wondered that myself - why would they need Dr. G's findings to examine the remains themselves?

They probably want to find some detail or fault in her report that they can jump on to discredit her findings during the trial. Until they know what her findings are, they can't prove her wrong.

Personally I have never seen a card board box used as storage for a deceased. They are reserved for ship-outs. If the body has to stay at the funeral home for an extended amount time, they are simply placed in the cooler with a toe tag for identification.

The cooler looks like ( or the ones im used too ) a big metal fridge. It has three slots for a body to placed on. The coolers that I am used to, would not hold a cardboard box, as the cooler simply isn't big enough to hold one unless they move the slots or take them out.

E*E

In my experience, many funeral homes do not have a refrigeration unit. It is too costly. Usually the orthodox jewish funeral homes do have them due to their religious beliefs, no embalming and burial before sundown.
But in all honestly, it has been reported that there is not any soft connective tissue left, therefore, really no reason to embalm. The body can be treated with external embalming solutions and/or powders. There would be no need for a refrigerator at this point. The body could stay out at room temp in a cardboard box or on a table until services. At that point she would be place in a small body bag and either cremated or buried in a casket.

You are right.

To spare our children, my husband and I have already made our funeral & final arrangements. I remember the person that sold us our cremation "package" telling us that.

We got inexpensive everything...even plaques instead of gravestones.

After going through helping my mother make arrangements for my father, I was afraid my children would want to "do well" by us and I would rather they spent whatever they are left on themselves.

I told my friends and fam, if they bury me in a $3,000 casket, I will come back and HAUNT them! Cremation and scattered ashes. No memorial service, just an Irish wake. :)

E*E
Maybe it's because Caylee's remains aren't intact and are only skeletal?

It is not really just a furnace. I have only seen one, but it had a "slide out" type bed like thing (which I assume will not burn) and it is sanitized after each body where even the remains don't get mixed. I don't know if they are all like that or not. Then they take a grinder like thing to run the bones through because they don't all burn to dust like you think.

Another thing I didn't realize is they are heavier than I would have thought.

I wasn't thinking of an actual furnace, with fire... but I know that the heat has to be pretty intense. But still... I would not want my loved one just slid into it, without being in some kind of container!
My husband's sister was cremated, but that's the only person close to us I know of that chose that means. No one in my own family has ever been cremated, but it is getting to be more common now. It is much cheaper and simpler than a funeral service.

Yep. Some "readers" are just observing clues from clothing, jewelry, and other indicators.

There was a psychic contest on TV, over a period of weeks. They chose well. Most were very good in certain tasks. One could read crime scenes, but nothing else. One could distance read...

Then, there was this poor nurse who was psychic re: a crime ONCE. She was driving to work, and she "sensed" a murdered body in a particular area, along the fwy she was driving. She was right, She called the cops.... and they arrested her.

Ultimately, they let her go.

A friend and I visited a "psychic" once for kicks. Before going in, we traded jewelry, jackets, etc. My friend is much more affluent than I am, and it showed. The readings the psychic gave us were right on target, if we'd actually been each other.

They probably want to find some detail or fault in her report that they can jump on to discredit her findings during the trial. Until they know what her findings are, they can't prove her wrong.

It seems to me the only thing they could "find" is some indication of trauma, which I suppose they would then use to say, "See, ZG did it"?

I told my friends and fam, if they bury me in a $3,000 casket, I will come back and HAUNT them! Cremation and scattered ashes. No memorial service, just an Irish wake. :)

Well there goes all all the money for booze. LOL -

My husband is Irish-Catholic and they sure do know how to throw a week long party (and call it a wake) LOL

You are a gal after my own heart...I told me family the exact same thing!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1sw33t1nsan1ty
Back