2009.02.18 Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to say this" I am sympathetic to this whole family, I don't think Misty harmed this child, I believe she wasn't watching as good as she should but I don't think she killed or harmed this child. I am not mad (LIKE IN THE A's) I feel real love coming from them. I believe this little girl was very precious to them, she was not a trophy.

Big Fat Ditto! :blowkiss:

Definitely lots of love in Haleigh's family.

But I do think Misty may have acted irresponsibly and naive- maybe trusted the wrong person or partied while the kids were in her care.

Big Fat Ditto! :blowkiss:

I also agree. Just a thought here. Not sure if it belongs in this thread or not. But I thinking Pedophile theory. What if this Ped wanted the sensationalism that was granted in the Lunsford and Anthony case. It is a game to some of them, really sick game at that. Thoughts???

Hey guys, I had to jet right before presser time. Can someone give me a short version of what was said?

Please see my posts below as this was already addressed in my previous post. BOLD BY ME. Bottom line is that it's still a legitimate question and it's still a legitimate law and LE are still paid public officials...so...either it's not against the law or MC is emancipated...OR...it is against the law and LE isn't doing their job. I'm leaning towards the age of consent being 16 or that their ages are so close that it doesn't matter. Either way, the law is the law, it doesn't matter if a child is missing or not - please don't take that out of context. In other words, if any drugs were found in that trailer, then there would have been some arrests by now not even taking into consideration a child is missing. I'm just trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get to the bottom of it. Everyone was called to the station, Crystal's mom even had to leave to go get her and bring her back. They were all called there for a reason...and it wasn't released in the presser. Please don't think I'm being snarky, b/c I'm not...just trying to explain what I'm getting at. :blowkiss:

I find it to be a non issue as well. But there is a world of difference between obvious for the world to see and probable cause in the eyes of the law. Can you prove they are sleeping together? Living together doesn't make it so, being boyfriend girlfriend doesn't make it so. Misti is not pressing charges, and neither is her mother, so for the state to step in and do it they would need Misti to be pregnant and a DNA test.

LE sees laws that are broken everyday and doesn't pursue each and every one of them. I am sure they find small amounts of pot in victims houses all the time, they don't take them out in cuffs if they are otherwise law abiding citizens.

Did they announce when the next presser will be yet? TIA

Hey guys, I had to jet right before presser time. Can someone give me a short version of what was said?

-They are still looking for Haleigh. They are "frustrated but not discouraged"

-A vehicle (unknown which one) has been seized.

-Reward is set at $16,000.

Definitely lots of love in Haleigh's family.

But I do think Misty may have acted irresponsibly and naive- maybe trusted the wrong person or partied while the kids were in her care.

Yes, I tend to think this also.

I can understand them taking Ron to the police department for more questioning. I can understand them taking Crystal to the police department for more questioning. But what I cannot understand is them taking them both at the same time.

And why would they do it right before the presser? I mean, it just doesn't make any sense to me!!!

Supposedly, the media called LE and they said not to let the reward money being upped get leaked until after the presser...ok...well then why do they not care that the media let us know that Ron, Crystal and Crystal's mother were at the police department? Or is that what they were referring to when they said they didn't want it leaked, and it was too late?

I'm so confused right now!

Maybe they were brought down together because LE wants them to do something or say something that will lead the perp to believe the case is going in a specific direction?

That could well be it... Im sure they dont want Ron to be anywhere near Misty if she's confessed to anything..

well if she is confessing or in police custody, there isnt a need or reason to bring not only the father but grandmother in to protect her from ron/them.

*Hands out warm chocolate chip cookies and hot coffee*

While we wait .....

LOL...just saw your last post about eating them all yourself...had to go back and find the one where you offered! ;)

I will take 2...yes, 2...I'm stressing!!! :)

I find it to be a non issue as well. But there is a world of difference between obvious for the world to see and probable cause in the eyes of the law. Can you prove they are sleeping together? Living together doesn't make it so, being boyfriend girlfriend doesn't make it so. Misti is not pressing charges, and neither is her mother, so for the state to step in and do it they would need Misti to be pregnant and a DNA test.

LE sees laws that are broken everyday and doesn't pursue each and every one of them. I am sure they find small amounts of pot in victims houses all the time, they don't take them out in cuffs if they are otherwise law abiding citizens.

Yeah, you're right. I know this, I'm just trying to work through some theories. As far as the pot statement is concerned, taking the records into consideration - no way would LE not make some sort of arrest if they found something like that there. I'm leaning towards drugs not being there. I'm not saying they didn't dabble, just don't think it was like it was years ago when the long rap sheet was created...ya get me? I hope to gosh this baby is still alive, but I'm not very optimistic. TES wouldn't have left, imo, unless they didn't like what they found.

I also agree. Just a thought here. Not sure if it belongs in this thread or not. But I thinking Pedophile theory. What if this Ped wanted the sensationalism that was granted in the Lunsford and Anthony case. It is a game to some of them, really sick game at that. Thoughts???

I think the same thing. I also think the make-shift lean-to chair found in the search was involved.
< SHUDDER >
My only hope is that this isn't a serial pedo...or the beginning of such.

Generally if police are called by someone to come to a scene, and they incidentally find minor stuff like pot, etc. They don't arrest or charge the people. THey don't want folks afraid to call 911 in real emergencies. Granted, if you had a body stuffed in the ice box, thats a different story. But minor stuff... nah. That isnt what they were called there for.

FWIW, it does sound like something is up at the Sheriffs office.
I completely agree, Q... it is out of the PCSD's "normal" after watching them intently for a week.

Amster, one media outlet, firstcoast, did pick up on it. None of the others did:waitasec: Someone earlier posted (sorry I forgot who) that one of the commenters called first coast and asked what was to the story and they were asked to withold until after the presser (fwiw)

Hello everyone. I'm an poster who moved and lost all my login information. I haven't posted since the the Stanley girls I was Indiana at heart.

I'm back and would like to say I was in St. Johns and Flagler counties since 1991 now live back in Indiana.

I'm sadden by this little girl and it's a case that don't make feel good. Somebody has to know something. and to have 44 SO in that area I wouldn't want to raise my kids there.

I have sat day in and day out worring about this little girl and where she may be. Then I remembered this site this am and came back. I see alot of new people and lots of names I remember well. Keep up the work and lets find Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings

Hello everyone. I'm an poster who moved and lost all my login information. I haven't posted since the the Stanley girls I was Indiana at heart.

I'm back and would like to say I was in St. Johns and Flagler counties since 1991 now live back in Indiana.

I'm sadden by this little girl and it's a case that don't make feel good. Somebody has to know something. and to have 44 SO in that area I wouldn't want to raise my kids there.

I have sat day in and day out worring about this little girl and where she may be. Then I remembered this site this am and came back. I see alot of new people and lots of names I remember well. Keep up the work and lets find Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings

Well, Welcome Back!!!

I have been here awhile, but just started really actively posting within the last few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume