DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a story from today and might explain a little:

Police: Haleigh Cummings wasn't wearing pink when she went missing

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
February 18, 2009

Haleigh Cummings wasn't wearing the pink shirt she was initially described as wearing the night she disappeared, Putnam County Sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Investigators say they don't know what she was wearing when she vanished late Feb. 9 or early the 10th from her home 80 miles north of Orlando.

"What we need to focus on is the face," Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Dominick Pape said as he held up a picture of Haleigh.

Authorities were originally told the 5-year-old was last seen wearing the pink shirt. That's the information they released to the public in the Amber Alert and on missing-person fliers about the girl, who lives in the small town of Satsuma.

On Tuesday, investigators wouldn't discuss details of the pink shirt in their possession -- how they found it, where it was and whether it will be tested for any forensic evidence.

That broke yesterday....doubt it has anything to do with what's going on at the moment.

Perhaps they are only asking the parents to come to the station so that they can participate in the press conference. Has either parent put out a public plea for info at a press conference yet? Maybe that could be what they are doing...

Both parents have put out pleas for Haleighs return, I do not recall if they were at specific press conferences held by LE, I do not think so but I could be wrong on that.

Perhaps they are only asking the parents to come to the station so that they can participate in the press conference. Has either parent put out a public plea for info at a press conference yet? Maybe that could be what they are doing...

That's what I'm hoping.

I just can't get away from thinking Misty crumbled. And it has to do with that.

My thoughts are not leaning towards good news.
I am seeing next of kin called to the station.
They probably want to tell them at the same time, but feel Ron needs to be somewhere where he won't put himself in jail when he responds to the news.

why 2 pressers in 1 day? I didn't understand that when I saw the 1st one this morning. Made me think the LE was actually 'up to something' and would have news to actually report hours later. Moments will tell.

I dont believe that they have found a body, thats not it IMO. If they had, as we know from past cases, you would see a frenzy of LE where they found the body and they would be there for hours doing forensic stuff. The press would get wind of this fast and it would already be on the news.

Me too.. and obviously between trying to keep up with the CA document release and this case, I'm not doing a very good job!

ALOT going on today.... it is very hard to keep up.... hope the presser has something.....

I just keep thinking about Ron.... and see that picture of him fishin with Haleigh..... I am REALLY worried about him........

Me either...I think my PC is going to blow up.

Shall we call one of these reporters and find out WTH is oing on, perhaps remind thenm that WE are sitting here glued to our monitors?

maybe blood or decomp found on shirt -

or as others suggested, Misty has confessed to something...

Maybe they have her on video and want to know if either parents can identify her and or who she is with in the video?

Just a guess

I just can't get away from thinking Misty crumbled. And it has to do with that.

That's sort of what I'm thinking too.
Does anyone know if Misty has been with the police all morning in questioning or whatnot?

I am afraid that Misty broke. They have not had time to go to remains and are telling the family first. I pray that I'm wrong.

why 2 pressers in 1 day? I didn't understand that when I saw the 1st one this morning. Made me think the LE was actually 'up to something' and would have news to actually report hours later. Moments will tell.

i think they had 2 pressers yesterday, too. i don't know why, though, since they hardly have anything to say.

Me either...I think my PC is going to blow up.

Shall we call one of these reporters and find out WTH is oing on, perhaps remind thenm that WE are sitting here glued to our monitors?

I know, right? What are they thinkin??!!

We need a local source to tell us whats going on there.

maybe blood or decomp found on shirt -

or as others suggested, Misty has confessed to something...

or the tip about her being out of the house came from someone she was with and that has opened up the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445