2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I missed the presser but am not surprised at all to find out that Misty is back at the police department!

I still find it rather strange that Ron is standing behind Misty and saying he believes she is telling the truth. I really think he is only doing it because they both know something that we don't!

As for the donations, this is really disgusting me! You cannot pay your bills...not the publics problem. I understand that this is a very tough/rough time in their lives right now, but please...(Ok, I guess I am having no sympathy with this issue because I believe Ron and Misty are to blame here...because I probably would send a donation to a hurting/struggling family that was going through the same thing believing they were innocent...I'm not awful...just honest)

Donations to help with the search costs I can understand!

I really hope we hear something besides no comment at the 3 pm presser!

I dont think theres anything wrong with asking for donations for this family. Its not like it was made national policy or anything! The folks that dont think its right-dont have to donate but if you want to-you can.Simple as that...

Well, I mean, I hate to say it, but how did people THINK money was coming in while he was out of work? He's not working. He wants to be with his child. Of COURSE the bills are going to pile up. If he were going to work right now, while his child were missing, people would be jumping all over him.

If YOUR child were missing, would you be at work? Would you let your other kids go hungry? Would you let your cell phone get cut off? (I know I wouldn't....I'd want to make sure Haleigh could call if she knew my cell number)

I might be wrong, but I don't think this extended family has financial resources to be able to just help Ron out, because many of THEM are probably missing work, too.

What would you have him do? Hmm?

This isn't as uncommon as people think, and it DID NOT begin with Anthony case.

I can agree with some of your post. I never thought he had 1 dime to put together.

So here's my BUT! (no pun intended). BUT what bothers me is that they are ASKING for money during pressers about their missing child.

Someone somewhere that can't stand their child will decide it would be a good thing to have their child go missing and make money off of it. That is why its so wrong on so many levels. Opens up a potential future abuse.

I know....not sure where I was going with that! I have differing opinions for both those families, so for me don't prove anything!!

Geez, ever find yourself debating yourself?!?!?! :crazy::crazy:

OK, back on topic!

:confused:

Oh, well, guess I am not understanding!

Right, and my question would be -- who is this mother? Does she have a grudge? Ron takes care of Haleigh and Ron JR. -- do you think it is possible for a revenge or vengeful type situation???

Also, it was mentioned that MC might have been babysitting Rons "other" child. Was she really babysitting this "other" child and that is how they met??? But paternity has not been established???

Does she have a grudge? I would think so! He doesn't acknowledge her child as his, so he most likely does not support her or the child. Not only did he reject her AND her child, he took HER babysitter and moved her into HIS home to care for the children that he DOES acknowledge. Might be some big time anger there!

I can agree with some of your post. I never thought he had 1 dime to put together.

So here's my BUT! (no pun intended). BUT what bothers me is that they are ASKING for money during pressers about their missing child.

Someone somewhere that can't stand their child will decide it would be a good thing to have their child go missing and make money off of it. That is why its so wrong on so many levels. Opens up a potential future abuse.

But THEY didn't ask for it. Someone else did. When asked what people could do to help the family, Ron specifically said "Find my daughter."

He never once asked for donations. For all we know, he might feel terrible about not having the means to do it on his own. I know I have tons of pride, and would never ask. But the hard truth is, money doesn't grow on trees. He needs to keep his house, his other child fed, his phone on, etc.

But I agree with the last part of your post very much....I mean, someone SOMEWHERE is going to see it. People can be so....(I can't even think of the word!)

I don't really want to join the fray debating whether or not they should be asking for donations.

My heart breaks for all 3 families involved.

But THEY didn't ask for it. Someone else did. When asked what people could do to help the family, Ron specifically said "Find my daughter."

He never once asked for donations. For all we know, he might feel terrible about not having the means to do it on his own. I know I have tons of pride, and would never ask. But the hard truth is, money doesn't grow on trees. He needs to keep his house, his other child fed, his phone on, etc.

But I agree with the last part of your post very much....I mean, someone SOMEWHERE is going to see it. People can be so....(I can't even think of the word!)

Just going to chime in here...

I agree with you babycat. My family almost lost my sister in a car accident. I had to fly everyone in from out of state on the spot, people won't working etc etc... I had to pay bills for them, thank god I had the means to do that.

Now take a kidnapping 100xworse, your not working, your family is not going to work, how do you function? You coudn't!!!! And any parent could vouch for that!!!

Bolded by me.

Please do not take what I say and try to make it look different than it is intended, you could have quoted the whole paragraph!

Sorry, I guess in context, I still found it shocking...I did say that it was snipped.

Because they are focusing on the family. New lead, Misty and Ron get drug back in. New tip Misty and Ron get drug back in. Misty and Ron...stories change, LE won't say they passed polygraph. Won't release their house back to em'........all roads point back to them...IMO.

oh okay. well i missed a bit of the presser thus missing the request for monies altogether. Sounded like he was doing the asking.

It all has to be kept so separate, helping with monies for the family, pressers, media blitz on Haleigh, etc. I'm not against helping a man stay home to look for his child, just against the psycho loser out there watching TV, smoking crack thinking 'yah, there's another way to earn some dough'. :eek:

I'd like to hope that type of help could come locally from church donations, etc and doesn't need national attention. His expenses can't be that much per month????

That right someone else asked!! All he wants his "Find My Daughter"

:confused:

Oh, well, guess I am not understanding!

Lol, I just meant that not getting past the parents has happened in the past and led to the parents EVENTUALLY being cleared.

After naming 2 sets of parents, I am *kind of* backtracking, because I believe one set of parents to be guilty and one set to be not guilty, which means that my examples mean nothing.

Confusing? Totally.......sorry....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member