2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not upset about the donations, mostly because I have read that Ron has been out searching during his time missing work. Unlike the "other" family we all know about who were never seen doing snap.

:eek: that is NOT a good thing for any children out there. If missing children become about having the public pay for your bills?? I missed that they asked for money. OMG. That is wrong on so many levels.

For paying for a search for your child, YES. For your bills? No, sorry.

Grandma Neves seems to be able to speak well. I wish she had held up Haleigh's flyer during this presser. She is a dispatcher and knows descriptions of missing children are very important. When the reporter asked about Haleigh's birthmark, it would have been good to show the flyer.

I wish LE would also point out that whereas Haleighs hair could have possibly have been cut or changed colors, that birthmark would still be easily outstanding.

But yes, the bills were mentioned and the guy did say that he had the buttons and t-shirts made up for them.

Does she have a grudge? I would think so! He doesn't acknowledge her child as his, so he most likely does not support her or the child. Not only did he reject her AND her child, he took HER babysitter and moved her into HIS home to care for the children that he DOES acknowledge. Might be some big time anger there!

So now take this coupled into - who is this other mom? Who are HER family members? Does she have any sexual predators that could be associated with her circle? I know it seems like a stretch. But think about Mom might have creepy brother, brother knows about her ill will toward Ron etc... Kidnaps the girl as punishment - this is ALL HYPOTHETICAL and just an example of how twisted I think this situation could be!!

Sorry, I guess in context, I still found it shocking...I did say that it was snipped.

I know you did and meant nothing personal towards you, just didn't want people that are skimming through to see the snipped portion and not the whole paragraph! ;)

oh okay. well i missed a bit of the presser thus missing the request for monies altogether. Sounded like he was doing the asking.

It all has to be kept so separate, helping with monies for the family, pressers, media blitz on Haleigh, etc. I'm not against helping a man stay home to look for his child, just against the psycho loser out there watching TV, smoking crack thinking 'yah, there's another way to earn some dough'. :eek:

I'd like to hope that type of help could come locally from church donations, etc and doesn't need national attention. His expenses can't be that much per month????

You know, I wonder about this...I wonder if they have, or if EVERY case should have someone in charge of actually overseeing what/when/how is paid.

Does anyone know how this works?

Ron thinks Misty is telling the truth?? About what??

Ron can't pay his bills?? He could if he went back to work. Or, if that's too much to ask, then have the family and friends help out. Begging for donations and selling trinkets with his daughters pic on them is becoming the norm in these cases, I guess. Because most people are compassionate and giving, I suppose the money will come rolling in.

I know you did and meant nothing personal towards you, just didn't want people that are skimming through to see the snipped portion and not the whole paragraph! ;)

I'm really sorry, I think I should have quoted the whole thing. I usually just snip for space. I feel I owe it to you to go back and delete my post!

So I'm gonna go do that now...

Ok - as for donations. This is a small town. Everybody probably knows everybody. If locals wanted to donate - just go out to the tent and hand RC or CS the money. That simple. IIRC there was a woman over the weekend - CS's mom is a school bus driver for another county - this woman came out and gave her money - it was in a video article that was filmed around the TES tent.

Dad works for PDM Bridge - this is a HUGE operation. Steel bridges. They have a bridge on the front page of their website that was built down here - not very far from my house. HUGE HUGE HUGE MASSIVE BRIDGE. They seem to be very reputable and a very honest organization - I would bet they have offered to pay RC - at least for a little while - maybe "use" his vacation time. I would think they (PDM) has a heart for an employee whose child has gone missing. Well, that is, unless RC wasn't so honest on his employment app and they have now found out about his "record". We simply just don't know.

If you noticed - when the Watts guy - funeral home guy - took over the mics - RC stepped back with him mom. He puts his arm around her and leaned over and was whispering to in her ear. Wonder what he was saying.

Ron can't pay his bills?? He could if he went back to work. Or, if that's too much to ask, then have the family and friends help out. Begging for donations and selling trinkets with his daughters pic on them is becoming the norm in these cases, I guess. Because most people are compassionate and giving, I suppose the money will come rolling in.

Are you honestly suggesting this man should be working instead of looking for his daughter????? :eek:

I dont think theres anything wrong with asking for donations for this family. Its not like it was made national policy or anything! The folks that dont think its right-dont have to donate but if you want to-you can.Simple as that...

I agree and it makes me a little uncomfortable that people would be so up in arms about this. How would anyone support their family and pay bills in this situation, either we as a society will help or we wont. I believe we should help and I know I'm grateful I live in a place and community where I have no doubt our family's needs would be met in such a horrible situation.

You know, I wonder about this...I wonder if they have, or if EVERY case should have someone in charge of actually overseeing what/when/how is paid.

Does anyone know how this works?

I think there should always be a 3rd party when it comes to public donations. Otherwise the not so 'nice' people of the world could have motives.

I hope the local areas or even if it's just the 'state' of Florida should be more than enough to get donations from to pay bills and put food on the table. At some point though, the man will have to go back to work. As hard as that is, he has other children to help support.

I know in my town years ago there was a young man with Down syndrome who went missing. They did find him, sadly he had hopped a slow train and when he tried to get off miles away he ended falling and fractured his skull and died..
The local funeral home set up a fund for the family. This was before he had been found. They handled any donations through there business. In this way any money that was given was accounted for as well as any monies paid out. It makes it easier for the family to answer any questions of who and what and how much later on. The family itself didn't even no who was sending them money. If Ron is not working he is not getting paid. I would doubt that the company is just going to keep sending him a paycheck and yes expenses keep going and usually you have even more expenses to deal with. When there is a crisis you can't do the things you normally do to control your expenses. This community is accustomed to people not having a lot of backup funds to deal with crises. At least they were upfront about it and clearly stated that the money would be to help pay bills. They weren’t trying to tell the public that the money would be used to search and then used to pay bills.

If LE is still keeping the home as a crime scene, then maybe they should pay the costs of keeping everything up to date, I know I would be really upset if they kept my house that long.

Babycat...you really don't have to do that! I appreciate it though...:blowkiss:

Of course it's too much to ask. I couldn't work if my child was missing. Not that I think it's just peachy to ask for donations, either, but I definitely do not expect him to work.

I would like to know if his employer has suspended his paycheck. If so, it would be nice to know which company to boycott.

Does she have a grudge? I would think so! He doesn't acknowledge her child as his, so he most likely does not support her or the child. Not only did he reject her AND her child, he took HER babysitter and moved her into HIS home to care for the children that he DOES acknowledge. Might be some big time anger there!

Maybe no paternity test has even been done to see exactly whose child it is.

If Ron and Misty turn out to be guilty of something, then everyone would think asking for donations was wrong.

If Ron and Misty turn out to have nothing to do with it then everyone would think it was right.

See where the argument starts? NOW KISS AND MAKE UP!!!!!!! lol :crazy:

I think there should always be a 3rd party when it comes to public donations. Otherwise the not so 'nice' people of the world could have motives.

I hope the local areas or even if it's just the 'state' of Florida should be more than enough to get donations from to pay bills and put food on the table. At some point though, the man will have to go back to work. As hard as that is, he has other children to help support.

Yes, I wonder if that would help combat the idea that you and I were talking about earlier...about copycats for money. Of course, if someone is stupid enough to do something like that, I'm sure they wouldn't consider the fact that there would be a third party to oversee the account.

Also, I'm sure ALL monies collected won't be through the account...people are just kind hearted sometimes, and are going to give what they can directly to the family...no way to oversee that:(

If Ron and Misty turn out to be guilty of something, then everyone would think asking for donations was wrong.

If Ron and Misty turn out to have nothing to do with it then everyone would think it was right.

See where the argument starts? NOW KISS AND MAKE UP!!!!!!! lol :crazy:

lol it's ALL relative, isn't it?

thanks for that;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads