2009.02.21 Geraldo at Large

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity...what does it say?

It says that GR's interrogation of Ron was nothing short of harrassment and has nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

I don't believe LE thinks that Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance but I can't say that about his circle of friends and acquaintances including Misty and her friends and family.

It also says that LE did not sanction GR's interview/interrogation of the families.

I am glad they haven't locked this thread...because I am still watching the reruns. It was a powder keg of a show (which is exactly what they set it up to be). I think we have stayed on topic here, too. We are discussing just what was said and who has done what that was mentioned on the show.

I am more interested in everything that G***** didn't say himself.

-That CS lost custody of her own children.
-That CS never showed up in court.
-That CS never completed parenting classes.
-That her pee test was not on record--which means it was never done.

-The neighbor that claims she heard Ron yelling and fighting when Haleigh was little. -Who was Ron fighting with? IIRC she never said who. Could it have been CS herself? Why was she not a witness for CS at court then?
-CS father wrote a letter to the court saying things about Ron but he never showed up in court to testify either.
-Ron had both children and Crystal did not but she also did not have a job, nor was she pregnant with Chloe yet
-CS is behind in her child support payments and has an order of contempt for that now.

-Ron has a record of a drug bust but GR didn't bother to mention what year it was from and that it was before either children were born.
-GR made a big deal about this picture yesterday saying it showed Haleigh beat to a pulp.
The picture shows a scratch, a small cut by the lip and light bruising under the one eye that is on the same side as the scratch and cut. Then tonight instead of starting out saying that the school did confirm that she fell at school, there are records of emergency room visit and a second follow up he waits until later in his show knowing full well that anyone tuning in to watch just this story has now tuned out.
-It was apparent that he spent time with the bio-mom's camp but did not afford the same type of interview with the dad camp.
-GR was polite, calm, kept a respectful distance from Crystal and was non confrontational with Crystal but was confrontational, demanding and was clearly baiting Ron by getting right up in his face in a threatening manor.
-GR was very exact with his questions to Crystal about what and when but was vague with Ron when rapid firing questions at him.
-With Crystal he allowed others to answer for her but with Ron did not. The only reason TN stepped in was she saw exactly what GR was doing and put a stop to it. Ron did not raise his voice, his hands nor did he even step back and square his shoulders in a manor that could be taken as hostile.

-GR set up that former states attorney lady and it was clear that she had know idea going into this that these were, again allegations being made with no proof to back up the claims. He wanted her to comment on something that she was not familiar with so her answers then needed to be broad to cover whatever was tossed out there. This made her answers seem as though she was in agreement with bio-mom camp.

I love your post! I think the former states attorney was fumbling for words because she wanted to say Bio Mom obviously had an axe to grind but didn't want to say it in front of her!

All that is fine but there is a time and place for everything and right now it's about finding Haleigh. 'Finding her voice' can wait until Haleigh is found - then I don't care who she tells that Ronald abused her, ect. Right now I don't see her as finding her voice - I see her as taking advantage of the situation. She should be trying to find Haleigh. Asking for donations (when her husband/boyfriend/stepbro could be working) and bad-mouthing people is not helping in finding Haleigh. Except the publicity the story is getting. Thats JMO. :blowkiss:

I'm not on one side or the other either. I don't know who to believe but I do think Crystal is just doing this now in order to get custody of RJ, for donations, whatever else. If she wanted to call someone out, she should have called Misty out too.

I hear ya, blu, but I think she wanted this out asap b/c she's worried about something having to do with him or Misty or both. I'm not sure what to think about the other stuff. Nevertheless, I'm glad there is something being stirred up. I hope it helps!

Nothing was as bad as when he was embedded with our troops in Afghanistan and got on live TV and drew a map in the sand as to where these troops were. He was kicked out of Afghanistan and the military was not very happy with him at all. He should of been shot for doing what he did.

Oh,I just said that,didn't know you had already pointed that out,he'll never live that one down.

I hear ya, blu, but I think she wanted this out asap b/c she's worried about something having to do with him or Misty or both. I'm not sure what to think about the other stuff. Nevertheless, I'm glad there is something being stirred up. I hope it helps!

I'm glad that something happened to keep this story in the media - so they can find Haleigh - so people don't stop caring. I just wish it could have been a different way.

I know everyone won't agree and I'm not saying he had anything to do with Hayleigh missing but Ron seems like a bully to me. Maybe that's why he chooses such passive people like Crystal and Misty.
Not saying he doesn't love Hayleigh, but I believe Crystal was abused by him.
And I bet we'll soon discover so was Misty.
Wonder if she went home with a black eye, when's the last time anyone saw her?
Even the neighbor thinks he was abusive.

I agree that this environment is not what a lot of America would call normal so applying normal logic is a little fuzzy. You have to be in that world to understand. I grew up in this type of environment. I have since moved on but still remember. In some neighborhoods weed is looked at like a cigarette but in others cigarettes are looked at as a drug. My husband seen 14 yr old girls smoking weed in broad day light today and the girls don't care. They actually said they didn't give an !@$#.

I was surprised RC had the kids since in these environments usually the mom has them. Especially in Florida...down here we call it a "mother's" state. In this environment RC is a good father simply because he cares to see his kids...most don't.

I am not promoting any of the negative destructive things they do just giving a different perspective.

I am glad they haven't locked this thread...because I am still watching the reruns. It was a powder keg of a show (which is exactly what they set it up to be). I think we have stayed on topic here, too. We are discussing just what was said and who has done what that was mentioned on the show.

bold by me...That is the exact thing I told my hubby tonight. Geraldo went to FL for these interviews and that place is a "powder key" just waiting to blow.

I guess we'll find out soon the ramifications of his visit...I wonder if he went on his own accord or was asked to come? :waitasec:

Ok, I'll address that. Crystal was living not close to her family. The great grandma was her driver, and biomom said she falls asleep while driving. She also admitted at times she just didn't want to get up. honest uh?
She didn't have license or a car. Was it or was it not also Ron's responsiblty to get her to the doctor, they were living together in his world at the time. One more thing, we don't know how many appointments that she had total, or what those appointments were for or when they were missed. RJ was an infant, she could have missed them when she was very pregnant, or during his first months when she was getting up during the night.
I have no desire to defend Crystal, but I don't think Ron is the great dad that he and many make him out to be.

Well we've seen the great gramma on TV and she's still alive so I guess she hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel yet. At the time Crystal had physical custody, Ron did not. It was technically and legally her responsibility. She missed 12 appts for a child with Turner's disease. There is no justification in my opinion. None at all. And she had missed Jrs. heart dr. appt that very morning of court I believe!! The judge did not seem very happy about that and even challenged her on it.

Out of everything that Crystal said tonight about Ron it is the picture of Haleigh and the ‘I don’t believe it was a fall at school’ claim that says to me that Crystal is trying to use national TV to get custody of her children. As in the original court records if her allegations had proof to back them Ron would not have received custody or continued to maintain it.
If the school system felt that anything was wrong they would have called child services. We do know that child services have been to the home but we have no idea why. The school may have called because of tardiness or absences. Crystal may have made claims. In either case the children were not taken from Ron.
If she had anything substantial to go to court with then why has she not done so?
To use the media in this way, in the end will not help her but will be one more roadblock to her getting custody at any time in the future.

It also makes me wonder if she does not have something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. With Misty's inability to 'clearly' communicate what happened that evening Crystal possibly feels that now was the time to push issues with Ron. Maybe she is hoping for another Jose B or Brad C to come on down and take up her case for her. Is Crystal feeling comfortable with LE breathing down Misty's neck and feels she is no longer someone that LE is looking at?

I have not formed a firm opinion on Crystals involvement in this as of yet but after seeing her tonight it has made me move her up on the list of being responsible.

I've dug through Putnam county over and over and have yet to find the first thing on her. I would imagine since she lived there - that's where the charges would have been. That's where we found all RC's charges.

Wasnt she still a minor for part of that time?

my guess is tonights show provided more color on this family to LE. I've always wondered if these TV shows go in under the direction of LE to get families to talk. It's good to see these people in the ways they act,react to each other. I bet at the Sheriffs Office it is like pulling teeth to get them to say anything. But I'm just guessing at that.

I don't think he's still here. Although he could stay in the mom's camp and antagonize the other camp. Saying camp all the time is reminding me of Survivor Island. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone voted off the island tonight.

:rolling:

I know this is a serious situation, but that just struck me funny!

apparently crystal did not have any problem with ron caring for her children. Was she suing for custody? Was she investigating these abuse allegations?

I find it quite "convenient" that now that she has a tv camera...now suddenly she has had concerns about her children? Was she "concerned" before? Had she contacted dcf? Was she trying to get custody, was she trying to get more visitation?

It speaks volumes to me that ron was awarded custody....if he was a bad parent, she must have been worse?

Poor haleigh...looks like she didnt stand a chance.

you took the words right out of my mouth!

It says that GR's interrogation of Ron was nothing short of harrassment and has nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

I don't believe LE thinks that Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance but I can't say that about his circle of friends and acquaintances including Misty and her friends and family.

It also says that LE did not sanction GR's interview/interrogation of the families.
I agree. If LE has proof that Ron was at work and it was verified he could not have been responsible, they have to rely on Misty. After so many hours spent with LE, they must have a bead on her.

The fact that they are not dragging him in constantly and allowing him to go out on searches tells me that he checked out. This isn't about him being an abuser or doing drugs...it is about finding Haleigh right now. They will address other issues later.

I honestly think they have moved on to the other family and they may have something to hide so they want to throw the dirt back onto Ronald. We do know they only took statements from them early on via packets. Now the pressure is being applied and they are not liking it.

I think that is the key, in the court documents it says something about her charges being in 1997 (no clue what the charges were) she would of been a minor at that time and no records would be found.

Wasnt she still a minor for part of that time?

oh my.

Just a little FYI - I am a public elementary school teacher for 15 years. I have had kids fall, get hurt, etc. I have never had a child fall on the sidewalk for any reason and get a black eye. Noses, cheeks, palms of hands (especially) but never ever a black eye.

when I broke my nose {hit in the nose with a softball when I was younger}, besides a swollen nose, I had 1 very black eye. Nose breaks, or severe impact injuries of the nose most often produce black eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff