2009.02.22 Geraldo at Large

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true. It does make me wonder why then that neither of her parents went to bat for him either.

By the way, I think if a minor is old enough to shack up with a grown man and take care of his children, they shouldn't need parental consent for an interview..but that's just me..

Ill tell you whats really silly...My ex and I got married at 16 and he had to sign my 11th grade homework and report cards! lol....

In the beginning I was much more suspicious of bio-mom than of Ron's camp and thought Misty seemed too softspoken to have done anything intentional, but I am open to reading all these theories and now I am totally undecided, so even those of you who are one-sided or whatever, keep em coming, I am open to anything at this point. Unless there is some bombshell, I'm afraid to commit to one side again. I agree most drug retaliations would "kill" but thanking goodness about the little boy who was dropped off safe after he was taken in retaliation for his grandfather owing money, etc. There is always a glimmer of hope until we know for sure (Elizabeth Smart, etc). Nothing is out of the question.

They are building a case, in a major way, imo. It probably has something to do with why they haven't released the trailer yet. I'm still not see Ron as setting this up, though. I think Misty could be shady and hiding something, maybe not deliberately...but something's fishy.
I think they are too, Jersey*Girl. I think they might be giving hints. They keep saying no one has been cleared. Everyone is still a suspect. BUT then they say the a/c guy has been cleared and the RSO has been cleared and the cousin has been cleared. Everyone outside of family has been cleared, but no one in family. Are we supposed to read something into that? Just a thought.

Are roach clips still considered equipment too?

O/T do they still make those roach clips that had the colored feathers hanging off of suede string tied to the clip? :D I'm giving away my age.

LOL, they sure are! You can also have a spoon and a cigarette lighter in a bag with heroin and that would be deemed as equipement because all of those articles are used in administering it.

Hey, I have seen some really fancy roach clips! Some people even drove around with them on the rearview mirror of their car! LOL

Craig on Geraldo said it earlier. It came from a "source" near the police investigation supposedly about a witness who said they were with her and watched her do drugs that night between 7-9pm then claimed she staged the whole thing after finding Haleigh missing upon her return.

IIRC in the beginning of this case a cousin was mentioned as being there that evening. Could this be the "source"?

I know tons of people who got married in high school. I guess this is why I am not shocked at her age. One year we had the our entire HS cheerleading squad get pregnant. (Lots of jokes about it being in the water. LOL)

I disagree. I think the problem is the abusers.
I think more women do not report the abuse (afraid of their
abusers) than women who lie.
I will always error on the side of the one who claims abuse.
These abusers won't stop with that one person..it will continue
with the next woman, children etc.
The don't get help..I've never seen an abuser admit that he is responsible
for his own hands and mouth. They always need someone to blame
their actions on.
^i^

I absolutely am not blaming the victim. I don't think domestic abuse should be swept under the rug or ignored. However sometimes women DO lie - it's the women who DO lie about it that is the problem. I'm not at all saying Crystal is but everything I've ever seen her do or say was for her own gain - not for Haleigh. GR tried to provoke Ron and he didn't take the bait.

Like I said, if Crystal really cared about Haleigh, this throwing Ron under the bus could have waited until Haleigh got back. Until she was found. She is making this whole thing about her and her abuse - it's NOT ABOUT CRYSTAL. I don't give one flying fruit about Crystal at this moment - her DAUGHTER is missing. I think its sad when a group of strangers seem to care more about Haleigh's (safe) return than her own mother, who is concerned about getting hers (like setting up her own donation fund). thats just MOO.

Interesting thought! Now that I think of it, someone on another thread mentioned that even if someone in the same car has drugs on them someone in the same car can get arrested. I don't know how true that is tho. Maybe they weren't his drugs and the charges were dropped??? Maybe she knew someone he was with was "holding" and ratted them out??

If someone was with him, anyone at all, they would have been mentioned in the arrest record. He was alone. They took pictures of all the drugs. The following tells me he was arrested in his car, possibly pulled over, b/c it mentions transportation or transporting:

893.147(1) Principal NARCOTIC EQUIP POSSESS-AND OR USE
The statute reads:
893.147 Use, possession, manufacture, delivery, transportation, or advertisement of drug paraphernalia.

I posted the breakdown of the statute definitions some posts back. He was definitely caught with drugs...enough to warrant an arrest...not a huge lot, but enough and more than just a joint.

Like I said, if Crystal really cared about Haleigh, this throwing Ron under the bus could have waited until Haleigh got back. Until she was found. .

If I TRULY thought my ex and his connections had something to do with my child missing, I would not only throw him UNDER the bus, Id get in the bus and drive the bus Over him...

Great question Littleone, That is where investigative journalism comes in, digging and discovering what is seemingly hidden.

I know I'm about the only one here who thinks mybe Geraldo's tack might be beneficial for learning the truth about Haleigh. But your question is one that I would bet Craig is going to be delving into. Listening tonight I sensed all is not right about how the law has treated Ron. We all want the truth, eh?

When I was a kid, Geraldo did a show about state hospitals where they put the mentally ill, and also some developmentally disabled people. I remember those scenes to this day, 50 yo now. I thought he was a hero when I was a kid to expose that.
I like him, I don't agree with him often, but I think his heart is in a good place. that's jmo of course.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, I don't know how a person can watch and listen to Ron in any of the interviews or the 911 call and not realize that he is putting on an act. It is obvious to me.

I do agree with your point that it is easier to spot (an abuser, sociopath or psychopath) if you've had first hand experience with this type of person.

Susan

I don't either. I have seen many abusers and I think he is one. He has probably never had to keep his temper in check. When someone gets that angry, violence is usually the next step, IMO.

Love, you read that backwards...actually, the poster misinterpreted it. Petitioner=Plaintiff and Respondent=Defendant. It was Crystal taking Ron to court, but she never showed up...or something like that. :)

Ron took Crystal to court for the temporary custody issue and she didn't show up because she claimed the paperwork had been mailed to the wrong address. Then Crystal took Ron to court to settle the custody issue. But a totally different issue was that Crystal was charged with child abuse or child endangerment. The charges were posted early on in the original threads.

I hope I'm making sense, my mind is mush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth