2009.02.24 Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who of us with kids hasn't had a great weekend and then been exhausted afterwards? Did we hire someone to come in and watch our kids the night we returned? Probably not. We went to bed early and slept really deeply. Wouldn't that be the same thing she did possibly? (She doesn't have to justify what she did over the weekend as it is not anyone's business because she didn't have the kids with her.)

About the hole in the floor thing... Just watching Nancy Grace right now and the grandmother was just using that hole in the floor as an example.

Yeah,I just watched it and I would say that is just an example.But,boy she sure freaked us out.

There is such a difference between TN and MG.It breaks my heart whenever TN talks.

About the hole in the floor thing... Just watching Nancy Grace right now and the grandmother was just using that hole in the floor as an example.

Thanks for clearing that up....

btw, HUGE twilight fan here, love your pics!

OMG...I've been trying to find some rental info on this trailer all night...if they just rented it five months ago then the add may still be out there on the interent..old I know but maybe some pics of the trailer...just a thought

Hi Myshell, I read an article this morning written on Fab 17th {if I remember right ;} on that First - News saying they moved into that trailer in November. That's like 3 1/2 months.

It was an interview with the neighbor who also rented them the trailer. It had been her parents and she evidently inherited it.

It did make me feel so good reading it. She said little Haleigh used to come over once in awhile and she was absolutely adorable. ;} Here it is:

FIRST COAST NEWS
February 17, 2009

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...=Nz02OXV/aqbpJLx5bz5QcJAyGFiYL5FO0QfKgl0GFvI=

Deputies Back in Haleigh's Neighborhood

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis. . . .

Snipped

. . . . The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November." {more @ link}

Breaks my heart that she has been gone for 2 wks & LE don't seem to know anything. Won't release any info & the case is going to go cold real QUICK!

Who of us with kids hasn't had a great weekend and then been exhausted afterwards? Did we hire someone to come in and watch our kids the night we returned? Probably not. We went to bed early and slept really deeply. Wouldn't that be the same thing she did possibly? (She doesn't have to justify what she did over the weekend as it is not anyone's business because she didn't have the kids with her.)

Yes, I'll admit, I've been guilty of that...good point! I'm really hoping it comes out that she was truly there all night and didn't leave. The thought of them being left alone really upsets me more than anything.

I cringe just typing this because I really respect your opinions and insight, however,:snooty:
Ron, the actual parent, went to work, and had someone watch his kids who was not the parent, and admitted that the 3 year old got up, but she was overexhausted and instead of checking on him, went back to sleep. This is not a mother and her own children, this is someone who they have known for 5 months, and per her own words allowed a cousin that she didnt trust, who has been "trouble all his life" to come around, most likely around the children....Did Ron know she had been molested by him? probably not, but she either told him about it and he still got into the circle there, or she didnt and, in my opinion, exhibited a case of really bad judgement...I think because of her overexhausted-ness, she didnt wake up when whatever happened to Haleigh, happened...OR because of the company she kept, which resulted in her "overexhaustedness" had something to do with it. If I had a loooong weekend, came home and was too tired to keep an eye on a three year old and a five year old who didnt belong to me, I'd call for backup. My Mom, the kids Grandma, whatever..

I thought that part was quite chilling. I hadn't even considered that the perp would know or think that JR could recognize him and hence put JR in danger. The way Grandma said it kind of implied that JR knows and told investigators more...

I saw this as Grandma's way of preparing for a potential custody battle later.
I can imagine her saying that Crystal put her child at risk by this comment.
I don't think Crystal thought of this, I didn't until she mentioned it.
I wouldn't expect CS to have the same maturity level as grandma.
I hope Jr is being supervised better that Haleigh was.

the pastor? Her dad had recently been hurt and was in the hospital in severe pain. I don't know when he got hurt, but maybe she had been at the hospital, and in chruch all day Sunday. Maybe she's a Sunday school teacher's aide? Or she was in deep prayer for her daddy. I mean, how would the "pastor" know what kind of weekend she had?
Maybe RC told Misty to go on now honey, take care of your daddy, I'll hold down the fort here.

Somehow I just cant see Mistys exhaustive weekend including taking care of daddy, prayer, sunday school teaching, and church...just saying:D

Humph.. he prolly said "make me a sammich, woman" :p

Originally Posted by Theonly1
I thought that part was quite chilling. I hadn't even considered that the perp would know or think that JR could recognize him and hence put JR in danger. The way Grandma said it kind of implied that JR knows and told investigators more...
I agree.

I cringe just typing this because I really respect your opinions and insight, however,:snooty:
Ron, the actual parent, went to work, and had someone watch his kids who was not the parent, and admitted that the 3 year old got up, but she was overexhausted and instead of checking on him, went back to sleep. This is not a mother and her own children, this is someone who they have known for 5 months, and per her own words allowed a cousin that she didnt trust, who has been "trouble all his life" to come around, most likely around the children....Did Ron know she had been molested by him? probably not, but she either told him about it and he still got into the circle there, or she didnt and, in my opinion, exhibited a case of really bad judgement...I think because of her overexhausted-ness, she didnt wake up when whatever happened to Haleigh, happened...OR because of the company she kept, which resulted in her "overexhaustedness" had something to do with it. If I had a loooong weekend, came home and was too tired to keep an eye on a three year old and a five year old who didnt belong to me, I'd call for backup. My Mom, the kids Grandma, whatever..
And for the record, I have come home after a long night of partying, picked up my child the next morning, was "overexhausted" and slept deeply. I just cant imagine someone coming into my room and taking my child while she was sleeping in bed right beside of me. There, but for the grace of God go I............

In hindsight, knowing what happened, I'd have to agree! This was an accident waiting to happen, if even half of what we hear is true. But "in the moment", in this sleepy little town, where probably nothing ever happens and life bumbles along, where people live their lives "loosely" (for lack of a better word) and Ron and Misty seem "normal" in their dysfunction, heck living pretty well in the scheme of things down there, I don't know if it was really "that" foreseeable.

In hindsight, knowing what happened, I'd have to agree! This was an accident waiting to happen, if even half of what we hear is true. But "in the moment", in this sleepy little town, where probably nothing ever happens and life bumbles along, where people live their lives "loosely" (for lack of a better word) and Ron and Misty seem "normal" in their dysfunction, heck living pretty well in the scheme of things down there, I don't know if it was really "that" foreseeable.
Yeah, you're right. "Is the crow done fryin yet??"

Re: mention of hole in floor.
Couey had cut a hole in the closet floor of his bedroom, crawled with the abducted child in a trash bag to under the back deck and proceeded to bury her alive there.
I do believe LE has lots of possible evidence.

Yeah, you're right. "Is the crow done fryin yet??"

Crow is in a big ole fry-o-lator, there's enough to go around too, as I'm sure we'll all be feasting one way or another before this is all said and done! LOL!

I am not saying she wasn't responsible for allowing the cousin around or the other things she may have used poor judgement in doing. However, she really wasn't just a babysitter to these children. She was a 24/7 mom. The kids evidently saw her in that light even if it had only been five months. Given another few months, if none of this would have happened, we don't know if she and Ronald would have gotten married (still could I guess). She would legally be their parent. I guess my point is...this is why she wouldn't call for "backup" and neither would most of us. (Altho there were times I would have paid to have someone wake up with the kids to let me sleep in!) After what TN said tonight...we may find her accounts sound bizarre because she is trying to protect both children. Maybe she didn't sleep through anything and she was home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor