2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great to hear:) Its surviver like you that give others hope. Oh dont worry you can keep your hubby I already have one:crazy:lol
Actully he is annoying me at this Second so you can have him LOL send him back when he is not being so annoying LMAO

You go Nancy...tell it like it is. What a terrible time to start a custody fight. Couldn't it wait until they know what has happened to Haleigh or doesn't she care. Seems darned selfish to me as she has had a lot of time to go for custody before this happened. Let's take the focus off Haleigh and put it on Crystal and her fight for RJ :banghead:

How come she didn't talk about what a terrible time it was for Haleigh's dad to have a wedding ? Or what a terrible time it was to marry the last person to see your missing child before she's been cleared as a suspect in your missing child's disappearance ? Each of the above actions benefited one person only. Ron Cummings.
There's no bad time to want your child with you, especially when you're worried he might meet the same fate as his sister. :banghead:

Me either, and who are these people coming out of the woodwork that is telling CS that Ronald is beating the kids till they are bruised and bloody, and with sticks no less? If I saw someone beating a child with a stick I would call 911, but none of these people did? I have a feeling that these woodwork people are CS's kinfolk.

It sounded to me like a mark on RJ (via a stick/switch) was reported to DFCS and according to them it fell under the lines of discipline.

When a woman leaves a man, whats the most hurtful thing he can do in retaliation? Take her children from her! After this interview with CS Im wondering if that is exactly what happened and possibly the abuse started after he had them for a while and figured out taking care of two babies isnt all its cracked up to be, especially if he wasnt a "participating" parent before the break-up. Maybe being the care-taker was too much for him and he took it out on the kids....

IMO, and from what I have seen working for DFCS in Ga., an abusive husband will eventually, most of the time, abuse their children when they get old enought to defy him. It's a control thing. Not every time, but usually.

When a woman leaves a man, whats the most hurtful thing he can do in retaliation? Take her children from her! After this interview with CS Im wondering if that is exactly what happened and possibly the abuse started after he had them for a while and figured out taking care of two babies isnt all its cracked up to be, especially if he wasnt a "participating" parent before the break-up. Maybe being the care-taker was too much for him and he took it out on the kids....

CS's claim that she was totally responsible for their care and that he had little to do with them reminds me of Misty's claim that they were with her 24/7.

The one comment made by Crystals atty that made me crazy was when she was listing the allegations of Ron's abuse, she isted living in a tent. I surely hope that she wasn't referring to his staying in the tent while he awaited news of Haliegh. I couldn't believe Nancy didn't leap on that, but then the entire list was "leap worthy".

This case just stinks all the way around! I hate the fact that this precious little girl is missing - god knows where she is, who took her, maybe she's still alive, maybe she isn't, is she being tortured at this very moment by the that may have her, if she isn't "with us", did she suffer?!?!?!?!?! Although I don't agree with everything that Marc Klaas said, I agree with most of it. This custody issue and allegations of abuse should not be playing out in the media, especially when there are no answers as to where Haleigh is as of yet - what if she is alive and some perv has her and he/she or they are getting a kick out of watching this play out on tv - seeing the grief and emotional toll that this has taken on this family(which wouldn't surprise me) and poor Haleigh is seeing and hearing all of this too - the mere thought of that sends my BP thru the roof! And what about RJ, is he okay? Is he seeing a therapist? Is he sleeping okay? I get that there are HUGE issues with Ron and with Crystal (and family members, husbands, girlfriends,...), trust me, I really do get it and I think most people (observers) do and quite honestly, I'm not even sure that either one of them should have custody BUT the reality is that one of them will be determined (or re-determined) by the court to be the primary custodial parent at some point but come on people - fight this out out of the publics' view (in a conference room at the courthouse, the basement of your local church, or even better, in the office of a psychiatrist/psychologist!) at least while Haleigh's whereabouts are still unknown and her disappearance is still a gd mystery - there is an ongoing investigation in progress, isn't there!? One additional comment about NG's comment regarding DCF; I know from indepth and personal experience that DCF's determination in child abuse cases, specifically their findings of "unsubstantiated" claims of abuse following an investigation means dittily squat. I can only speak from my experience with several different cases. (different people/parents involved, different geographical areas within the U.S, but all being child abuse claims that were reported and investigated) Whether it's Florida's DCF, Maine's DHHS, or California's Children's Services (CCS), the determinations that they make following their evaluations and investigations are wrong more than 50% of the time and sometimes they are DEAD WRONG, literally (Maine - Logan Marr, January 31, 2001, 5 yrs. old and many, many more - just happens to be one that I was involved in). Therefore they have very little (leaning toward none) credibility in my book. JMO.

Haven't read all the posts, just have to say. . .

NG is being pretty harsh. She thinks CS is whining too much at the wrong issue.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Why isn't she trying to get custody of Haleigh too? What am I missing here?

Good question.

:applause::applause::applause: Well said Dev!

I don't admire either of Haleigh's bio parents. It seems little Haleigh and her brother had the misfortune to be born to two people who are, IMO, not good parents.

Crystal has allegedly had a drug problem. RC? He left the two little children at his home at night with a young girl who was only a child herself, and who (for whatever reason) was apparently not competent to protect them. And let's not forget that, to RC, this girl (who was only a child herself) was expected to act and be like a grown up, mature, adult. He clearly did not consider that MC was only a child. Too young to be his wife, mother to his kids, etc., etc. For those on here who were already married or mothers when 17, were you as clueless as MC seems to be? I doubt it!

And his home? A child was stolen from inside it. I was once involved with a case in which a 1-year-old died (suffocated while sleeping in bed with other children and a female relative). All the other children were removed from that home by the state--they were considered to be in imminent danger of harm, simply because a child had died in the care of this female relative. If the same reasoning were used, the state could claim that RC's home is (arguably) not safe for the remaining child.

But then, it seems clear that Crystal may not be a suitable caregiver either. Poor kids--who is left? And btw--why is the little boy not staying with his father? Okay, maybe because his father is too preoccupied looking for Haleigh. Okay, but then why is the little boy not with one of his grandmothers? Why is he with a great-grandmother? Wouldn't a grandmother be of more suitable age (younger, more energy) to care for such a young child?

I'll admit that I had an unfavorable impression of RC, because he was so quick to haul off and address MC as "" when everyone was presumably concentrating on getting the info to the police so they could help. My OPINION is that it wouldn't be much of a stretch for such a person to be abusive. While I don't think anyone should try to blame RC if there is no evidence against him in this case, I am not ready to canonize him either.

NG can harp on an allegedly false police report filed by Crystal, but I still find it believable that RC may have acted in an abusive manner towards her when they were together. MOO. It's not that Crystal is necessarily such a saint; it's that RC isn't one, either. MOO. Sorry, NG, I'm not convinced. IMO, it's quite possible that RC may treat his partner or spouse the same way you treat most of your guests! And that's not good, IMO.

I don't think it is odd that she is sueing for custody. If my daughter went missing while in the home of my ex, I would sue for custody of the other child too. How does anyone know that something wouldn't happen to RJ also? I would not want to let him out of my sight. Even if Misty and Ron didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, it seems like someone who knows them does and there has been no arrest.

Crystal didn't seem to worried about his safety when she announced to the world that he had seen someone in black take sissy and even less worried when she had him on Geraldo's show saying it was now a black man wearing black to took sissy..

I'm perplexed by Nancy's hard attitude towards Crystal and soft attitude towards Ron. All these "players" have so much history of problems and such that it is hard to figure anything out to me.

I agree with you, Lori59! Nancy seems to have lost her perspective, IMO. It is sad that she seems to have chosen sides in this horrible ordeal.

This all needs to be about Haleigh and not choosing sides!

I don't think it is odd that she is sueing for custody. If my daughter went missing while in the home of my ex, I would sue for custody of the other child too. How does anyone know that something wouldn't happen to RJ also? I would not want to let him out of my sight. Even if Misty and Ron didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, it seems like someone who knows them does and there has been no arrest.

You know what, I get that totally. I wish she had just said that without throwing all these other allegations out. The throwing out stuff she was aware of all along are what makes it smell fishy to me. I think if she just laid it out like you did she would not be getting a beating right now in the press. IMO

Art Harris: seen photos of children that purport abuse; photos given to atty. by CS of children during visits to her home. He's going to put photos on his website.

Atty now clarifying that CS did know of abuse but DCF weren't able to take action. :confused:

Photos show abuse to both Haleigh & Jr., according to attorney.

If I beat my children there is no way on this earth that I would be taking pictures of them! Let's get real here. I remember Crystal and her mother holding up a picture of Haleigh where she was supposed to have been beaten by Ron. She talked about the nurse or teacher seeing Haleigh like that.

Now if a nurse or teacher saw that little girl beat up with a black eye which I think she had in that picture they would have had to legally call CPS and turn Ron in. No one did. Ron explained what had happened to Haleigh.

Most kids always have bumps and bruises and I doubt that Haleigh and RJ are any different. It's interesting that all of a sudden Crystal is so concerned about the health and welfare of the kids. And I doubt if just all of a sudden she has heard that Ron beats the kids. I just don't buy her story and don't trust her as far as I can throw her. At least in court she will have to prove her accusations.

Marc Klaas on now. Understands CS's pain, but don't take focus off Haleigh. Abuse charges have a place but not on national tv. Nancy asking him if these charges are true doesn't this put Haleigh's disappearance in a different light? Marc not agreeing. RC was at work when Haleigh disappeared.

Mike Brooks: LE can't put together a timeline because of MC's inconsistencies.

I agree with Marc Klaas. If CS was so concerned from the beginning, why didn't she bring these pictures to law enforcement to be investigated? She could have pointed out (with photos) behind closed doors to investigators there could be something wrong with RCs story?? If investigators felt it was valid they would have called DCFS quietly and had Junior removed from the home. This all could have been done without the media, quietly, and with all the attention off their custody battle.

I think the point here is that a 17 year old girl was in charge of two children, one of which is now missing, and she has YET to be cleared over a month later due to the fact that she CAN'T seem to get her story straight!!! Take away the fact of alleged abuse in that home, and we still have a child who is being cared for by this 17 year old girl who is quite possibly a supect in a missing children's case. Is this not grounds to remove RJ from the home???

Many parents have babysitters for their children when they go out. Usually the babysitter is a teenager that they know. Some parents are lucky enough to have family that babysit when they want to go do something but not everyone. Lots of teenagers babysit. My kids all babysit...some when they were younger then 16-17 yrs. I babysat when I was 12 yrs for two babies.

If some creep is going to take a child it isn't going to matter who is watching the kids or how old they are. Look at the parents who have been home when their kids disappeared. These monsters are bold. They just walk into your home and pick up your child and walk out without anyone hearing a thing. Why should parents lose the rest of their children just because they had a teenage babysitter and weren't home? If the parents are home and their child is taken and they don't hear anything should they lose the rest of their children???? Why should Ron lose his son just because he had a teenager watching his kids? Thank God the law makers don't see it that way.

Misty hasn't been accused of a crime. LE are just trying to get a timeline. I don't think that LE think she is guilty of anything. Misty isn't smart enough to pull off a kidnapping in which the child hasn't been found in weeks and weeks. If she was guilty LE would have broken her by now.

If RC was at work all night and never left until his shift ended, then obviously he didn't have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. :) MOO
I think this is not necessarily true- sleuther's have given many possible scenerios of him being involved even if he was "at work", such as him saying 8hours of work which wouldn't be 3pm-3am, something happening to Haleigh prior to him going to work (ggma could be covering for him with alibi about coming by), PDM saying he was there and that person is a relative etc. So, I for one am not counting out Ron as a POI.

I have a relative who is a dispatcher and see the opposite - she has been like their mascot, and did get special treatment, and that's in two separate states. LE gets to know and depend on dispatchers a lot.

LE officers life depends at times on dispatchers and how the call is coded. Also, in a bad situation, an officer depends on that dispatcher to get backup to the scene for him/her.

Dispatchers go through the same training as the officers in most areas. They still have to pass the academy regardless.

So, yes, in a small area like that one is, they would almost close ranks with their 'sister' officer.

JMO, as always!

Haven't read all the posts, just have to say. . .

NG is being pretty harsh. She thinks CS is whining too much at the wrong issue.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Why isn't she trying to get custody of Haleigh too? What am I missing here?

:eek:

I disagree, as I see it when Crystal was not being coached, before all this "stuff", her responses were...Ron's a good father, Ron loved Haleigh, she didn't see problems in the home (NG transcript on 2/11 or 2/12, I just read it again this am)... she also "clung" to him at one of the early vigils. I believe if she had been battered and broken she wouldn't have offered up that "good" stuff. If nothing else she would have been mute on anything Ron right in the beginning, she clearly had the ability to do that. She volunteered that info.

I totally agree. I remember seeing a picture of Ron and Crystal right after Haleigh disappeared and she had her head laying on his shoulder. If Crystal is being primed on what to say by the attorney and her mom this is all going to backfire on her. She is going to need proof and facts in court. It is also not going to look good that she owes over $4,000 in back child support. A judge will frown on that big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3