2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree. I am married to a police officer. Although he may know them by name, or even by the way their voice sounds. He wouldn't know who his dispatchers were if they walked by him.

edited to clarify - I do believe that dispatchers jobs are very important. At times, they are the lifelines for police officers. I am not cracking on the position at all.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Applied to this situation, not having seen something happen does not mean it doesn't. On the other hand, when someone else has seen it happen, it cannot be said to them that it does not happen.

I'm sorry, but no. :eek: Babies are babies - we start calling them brats when they start toddling. ;)

Just as with a lot of the early criticism of Misty, I think a lot of these things are cultural, and other things.

Like I said, there is plenty I see about Crystal that concerns me. I just hate to see her beat to a pulp over things that are ...like this and the other things I mentioned. It would be like harping on Ron for his earrings or cussing. Too harsh, IMO. Better to focus on the big stuff, of which there is plenty. lol
I agree her saying that never bother me. Oh but people do harp on Ron for his cussing :crazy: But I agree its the big things that should be focussed on:)

Haven't read all the posts, just have to say. . .

NG is being pretty harsh. She thinks CS is whining too much at the wrong issue.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Why isn't she trying to get custody of Haleigh too? What am I missing here?
Good question.

My opinion is that if there was abuse or neglect on Ronalds part-felt by Crystal, my first comment in the first news conferences would have been something to the effect of
"I reported to DCFS that the children were in danger, and now look...my little girl is missing" But no, she did not say anything to this effect until she lawyered up. I have felt all along that something was up with her. Just does not lay right with me..

I understand what you're saying about the calling her kids brats thing. However.. I think what irks people a little is more of the fact that she called two of her children brats, and referred to the other one (her baby Chloe) by name. You see what I'm saying? She didn't refer to all of her children as brats.
I believe it's due to her very strong dislike for RC. Maybe she just sees the children as an extension of him? MOO

I can not imagine a mother who only gets to spend 4 days a month with her children calling them brats. I have a really hard time with that. I could understand it more if the children were there all the time but they weren't.

she seems, I don't know, very simple and easily led but she strikes me as basically honest but because she doesn't seem very strong I do wonder if she can be easily manipulated. Her mother is not a big help as far as I can tell. I haven't seen that much of her but what I have is not very favorable.

I wish I could stand to watch this show, NG, but I can't stomach it! I haven't seen the attorney at all but I don't find this course of conduct, the going on TV part, advisable. I can understand a mother really feeling RJ was in danger as a reaction and wanting to do something but I don't think it needs publicity. It's not the TV audience that decides these things and I don't like attorneys who seek the spotlight. It's generally more about them than their client.

ITA!
This lawyer came out of nowhere to "help" Crystal? I think she wants to help herself. Crystal obviously can't pay her. I think the lawyer is pushing her around. I noticed her nudging Crystal when they came back from break and Crystal looked scared. She's over her head in this.

I'm not knocking her. Where was her family when she started seeing Ron? She was only 19 when she left him, so she was certainly under age when lawyer claims she was being isolated from them. Why didn't they call LE and get her away from him?

I'm not knocking Ron either. He seems focused on Haliegh and he was awarded custody. I don't think Crystal's excuse about not having a car is a good reason for not taking your baby to the doctor 12 times.
JMHO

I wonder what type of relationship her children have with Chad? Does he treat them as his own? Does he treat the baby differently because she is his and treat the other two as "steps" without much interaction? No one has asked these questions, but he is around them during those visits as much as Crystal. What was his relationship like with Haleigh? No one has gone there either!! He has been OBVIOUSLY absent during this entire time, imo. WHY? Why isn't he standing up for his fiance?

DFCS takes these reports seriously they will go out and investiage within 24 to 48 hours. They will go out and check on the children, even strip them down to look for abuse. The fact that these children were not removed after several calls says there was no abuse found when the calls were made.

The timing of this is just not right. Get Haleigh home first!!
and then we wake up.

I am sorry but this is NOT FACT. Unless they have a court order not only do you not have to allow them in your home you dont have to allow your children to even speak to them. You can not get a court order by just THINKING someone is abused. IF she thought they was abused she should of had DHS come out to HER house while SHE had the children. HOWEVER even if they had bruises ECT does not mean that the state will even do anything then.

BTW the 4 we are adopting had over 8 cases of FOUND abuse over the last 15 YEARS but yet they was NEVER taken away until I marched them down to the DHS office and DEMANDED they do something about the abuse. I marched into a court and DEMANDED help for my neices and newphew. I marched into the Police Department with the kids and told them they WAS going to listen to me.

EVEN after The police TOLD Dhs that a Knife was pulled on the oldest and that they had not been eatting but a can of veggies( BETWEEN 4 of them) except when they was at school. Even though ALL 4 children told them they was being abused emoctionally, physically and sexually they STILL almost did not remove them!!!!!

We are doing disclosure on the children now as our adoption should be final in May. Disclosure is where you get ALL records of resports on the children over the years . Basically a report of their whole lifes. We was told there was so many reports and so many founded resports ect that they have to HAND deliver it all instead of sending in the mail as there is just to much. BUT YET again the first time they took them away was 7 months ago. BTW I was also a foster child and you would not believe how many state workers teachers ect I had to tell about the abuse before I was finally removed once I said if they did not I would end the abuse by ending my life.

You know what DHS did after they removed me? Ran a Lie detector test on me to make sure I was was telling the truth. I was 12 years old and had been molisted since a baby but yet I was treated like a lier until my test came back I had passed. sorry but the state fails MANY children EVERY DAY over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

My opinion is that if there was abuse or neglect on Ronalds part-felt by Crystal, my first comment in the first news conferences would have been something to the effect of
"I reported to DCFS that the children were in danger, and now look...my little girl is missing" But no, she did not say anything to this effect until she lawyered up. I have felt all along that something was up with her. Just does not lay right with me..

So right!!! That would have been a credible "excited utterance" not "I didn't see any problems in the home." I don't see her fear of Ronald playing a role in her responses on that first day, I would think her fear of Haleigh missing would have overrun any fear for herself.

I believe it's due to her very strong dislike for RC. Maybe she just sees the children as an extension of him? MOO

Not saying I believe this but just throwing it out there... could also be she was jealous of them... they seemed very well dressed and happy... she was suppose to be paying Ron. Maybe she resented all that and her frustration came out when she was posting on Myspace.

I wonder what type of relationship her children have with Chad? Does he treat them as his own? Does he treat the baby differently because she is his and treat the other two as "steps" without much interaction? No one has asked these questions, but he is around them during those visits as much as Crystal. What was his relationship like with Haleigh? No one has gone there either!! He has been OBVIOUSLY absent during this entire time, imo. WHY? Why isn't he standing up for his fiance?

I would like to know more about this as well!!! Good questions! Esp. in light of the fact that Crystal wants full custody, seems like that would make him fair game. I wonder what NG would do with the fact that he had the restraining order against him from his ex for 2 years and the drug charge.... Poor Crystal just might be getting more than she bargained for opening this can or worms. You wonder who's advising her....

Not saying I believe this but just throwing it out there... could also be she was jealous of them... they seemed very well dressed and happy... she was suppose to be paying Ron. Maybe she resented all that and her frustration came out when she was posting on Myspace.
That's a very good possibility too. :)

and then we wake up.

I am sorry but this is NOT FACT. Unless they have a court order not only do you not have to allow them in your home you dont have to allow your children to even speak to them. You can not get a court order by just THINKING someone is abused. IF she thought they was abused she should of had DHS come out to HER house while SHE had the children. HOWEVER even if they had bruises ECT does not mean that the state will even do anything then.

BTW the 4 we are adopting had over 8 cases of FOUND abuse over the last 15 YEARS but yet they was NEVER taken away until I marched them down to the DHS office and DEMANDED they do something about the abuse. I marched into a court and DEMANDED help for my neices and newphew. I marched into the Police Department with the kids and told them they WAS going to listen to me.

EVEN after The police TOLD Dhs that a Knife was pulled on the oldest and that they had not been eatting but a can of veggies( BETWEEN 4 of them) except when they was at school. Even though ALL 4 children told them they was being abused emoctionally, physically and sexually they STILL almost did not remove them!!!!!

We are doing disclosure on the children now as our adoption should be final in May. Disclosure is where you get ALL records of resports on the children over the years . Basically a report of their whole lifes. We was told there was so many reports and so many founded resports ect that they have to HAND deliver it all instead of sending in the mail as there is just to much. BUT YET again the first time they took them away was 7 months ago. BTW I was also a foster child and you would not believe how many state workers teachers ect I had to tell about the abuse before I was finally removed once I said if they did not I would end the abuse by ending my life.

You know what DHS did after they removed me? Ran a Lie detector test on me to make sure I was was telling the truth. I was 12 years old and had been molisted since a baby but yet I was treated like a lier until my test came back I had passed. sorry but the state fails MANY children EVERY DAY over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm so sorry for what you suffered. You were very brave to save those children, I hope you are all safe now and can find some way to recover. Abuse is a terrible thing - I suffered it at the hands of my ex, but not anything like what you went through. I just ran away with my boys and he didn't fight me.
You are an inspiration. ((hugs)) to all of you.

and then we wake up.

Im sorry to hear that:( Im just as guilty at applying my personal experince with this case but it can also cloud are judgement. The thing that bothers me is what if what is being said and reported isnt true that can be just as devastating . We just dont know at this point. It can be very damaging to all in involved. Its extremely sad either way

and then we wake up.

I am so sorry for what you went through...you are a special special person to have turned this into a positive...my hat is off to you,,,,,and I too have seen cases where the "state" or whomever have failed....there is so much fear in doing the "wrong" thing that sometimes they wait too long or too late.

I'm so sorry for what you suffered. You were very brave to save those children, I hope you are all safe now and can find some way to recover. Abuse is a terrible thing - I suffered it at the hands of my ex, but not anything like what you went through. I just ran away with my boys and he didn't fight me.
You are an inspiration. ((hugs)) to all of you.
Don't be sorry everything happens for a reason in this world. I am able to help other children because of what happened to me as a child. I promise i've recovered my past does NOT defind my future nore will it my children's . FYI I married a cop and made a life for myself and I pray and hope others that have had a rough life can do the same. ( well not marry MY husband LOL!) but make a life for themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus