2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy's on again if anybody missed her show the first time. :)

I know I'm seeming to defend Crystal so much it probably looks like I support more than I do, but when I see certain things, I just have to react - like this, and the cousin thing, and being late that morning.

Calling her kids brats means nothing, IMO. Many of us do that even though our lives revolve around the love of our kids.

I'm sorry, but if anyone accused me of not loving my kids for that, or for not showing up earlier at such a time, they'd feel ashamed, once they saw the reality.

There is plenty to criticize about Crystal. This stuff just bugs me. :eek: And FWIW, I defended Misty for a lot of things I saw as unfair like this, too. :crazy:

I understand what you're saying about the calling her kids brats thing. However.. I think what irks people a little is more of the fact that she called two of her children brats, and referred to the other one (her baby Chloe) by name. You see what I'm saying? She didn't refer to all of her children as brats.

the false report charge..about a car that somone took and didn't return. Gosh, the way someone was going on tonight about filing false reports in the plural I thought she did a series of horrible things. Was she charged? Usually if it was intentional there would be a charge. I wonder if it was more of a misunderstanding and this was how Crystal though she could make someone bring the car back? I don't get the sense she knows much about how the system works.
I havent seen the report but I highly doubt NG would of brung it up the way she did if the report was as simply as a misunderstanding.JMO

If he knows what happened and hasn't informed LE, it is accessory after the fact.
If he knew what was going to happen and planned it before the fact, it's conspiracy.
He didn't have to be there to be involved in the actual crime.
His boasting that he was at work and for that reason knows nothing is suspicous to me. He appears happy that LE can't pin it on him, and I don't understand that since his daughter's whereabouts, and welfare are still unknown. jmoooc.
And I think he is saying it because it is true and he knows he did not do anything wrong! It is called "defending himself" and with the mob coming after him at the moment...I don't blame him for wanting to make certain this point is CLEAR to everyone.

I am just going to comment.
It is said Crystal is not seeking custody of Jr. at this time. Fine. What I see happening here is that if the state does their job for once, which most of the time they don't "IMO". And they find the allegations to be true they will place the children where they and the courts feel the children will safe. They will look for what is in the best interest of the children. So Crystal does not have to file for custody. They will go to the next of kin that can care for them or in a foster home until the parents can prove they are capable of taking care of the children. I say children because even though Haleigh is missing I am still praying that someone will drop her off tonight in fear of being caught. Enough is Enough, this child needs to be found bottom line. I am drained and shocked at how our society thinks and works so I will read for while....

Exactly. In what world does an abuser not show any sign of abusiveness during a live in type relationship for 4 years then all of the sudden he becomes this monster she is trying to portray now?! Not a chance. :hand:
She says she had the care of the kids, and at their ages then, I can see how it could be that they were never hit.

I'm going to pull back now, but I guess what I wonder is how anyone can be so sure she's lying, or about anything in this case? :sheesh:

I mean, I have expressed my suspicions, concerns, and doubts, but I really don't get the complete assurance some have that things are not a chance.

I guess because I've seen them happen, I can't agree with the reasonings people are giving for being so bold and confident that she's lying through her teeth... or at least to not consider the possibility that it's true - and cost of being wrong if it is.

Exactly. In what world does an abuser not show any sign of abusiveness during a live in type relationship for 4 years then all of the sudden he becomes this monster she is trying to portray now?! Not a chance. :hand:

If I may please say.The kids are older and he is taking care of them alot more than he did before.There was one kid not two for awhile then right?Big difference.I know.She said she took care of them most of the time.Not him.

I really feel bad for Crystal. Personally I think she seems like a nice sweet person. HOWEVER I think she is being pushed into saying and doing things she otherwise wouldn't by her mother and this new attorney.

she seems, I don't know, very simple and easily led but she strikes me as basically honest but because she doesn't seem very strong I do wonder if she can be easily manipulated. Her mother is not a big help as far as I can tell. I haven't seen that much of her but what I have is not very favorable.

I wish I could stand to watch this show, NG, but I can't stomach it! I haven't seen the attorney at all but I don't find this course of conduct, the going on TV part, advisable. I can understand a mother really feeling RJ was in danger as a reaction and wanting to do something but I don't think it needs publicity. It's not the TV audience that decides these things and I don't like attorneys who seek the spotlight. It's generally more about them than their client.

the false report charge..about a car that somone took and didn't return. Gosh, the way someone was going on tonight about filing false reports in the plural I thought she did a series of horrible things. Was she charged? Usually if it was intentional there would be a charge. I wonder if it was more of a misunderstanding and this was how Crystal though she could make someone bring the car back? I don't get the sense she knows much about how the system works.

Yes she was charged, at some point the link to the court record was published here somewhere.

I am just going to comment.
It is said Crystal is not seeking custody of Jr. at this time. Fine. What I see happening here is that if the state does their job for once, which most of the time they don't "IMO". And they find the allegations to be true they will place the children where they and the courts feel the children will safe. They will look for what is in the best interest of the children. So Crystal does not have to file for custody. They will go to the next of kin that can care for them or in a foster home until the parents can prove they are capable of taking care of the children. I say children because even though Haleigh is missing I am still praying that someone will drop her off tonight in fear of being caught. Enough is Enough, this child needs to be found bottom line. I am drained and shocked at how our society thinks and works so I will read for while....
I agree what your saying. But what if this so called a abuse with the children never happened to begin with. Even if its found out that the accusations were false by the state it will still hang over the father head the rest of his life. Thats been my point from the begining. If its true Im sure the children will be taken but if its not what happens then?

If I may please say.The kids are older and he is taking care of them alot more than he did before.There was one kid not two then right?Big difference.I know.She said she took care of them most of the time.Not him.
If he did "nothing" with or for those children during the time they were together (up until Rj was six mos old according to Crystal), I have serious doubts he would have wanted a relationship with either one after she left besides an occasional visit. I can see where Crystal may have felt like she was "burdened" and felt like she had them while he was doing nothing as most stay at home, young mothers do experience this depending on the circumstances while the other person works. It doesn't make it true.

Well.... at first Crystal also said, several times, that the kids loved Misty, she was good to them (something like that anyway) etc. etc. So again I think Crystal really tried to be "fair" time and time again. It is very possible that all the stuff about about bio mom and the kids thinking of Misty as the mom really did hurt her feelings. I agree all that stuff was really unnecessary and hurtful. Would hurt me too.

I believe her father lives in the same area as Ron. And we know from the court docs from the custody hearing that after they split, her cousin, or brother or something was in the car with him. So I think she still has enough family in the area to still have had an ear to the ground even if she lives 2 hours away.

I don't know... before this custody stuff started she seemed ok with Ron having them and I think she was thankful that Misty seemed to take good care of them before all this happened. I think now it's like trying to close the barn door after the horses have been let out... I just see her as a very sad pawn in this.

I think Ron was probably doing "ok" until he hooked up with Misty. I swear she is his downfall.

And..how do we know that her first words werent in fact correct ..the several times she said that the kids loved Misty and that she was good to them ? How we do know shes not saying different now because she wants custody for whatever reason and is trying to slam Ron any which way she can to make herself look better?

I understand what you're saying about the calling her kids brats thing. However.. I think what irks people a little is more of the fact that she called two of her children brats, and referred to the other one (her baby Chloe) by name. You see what I'm saying? She didn't refer to all of her children as brats.
I'm sorry, but no. :eek: Babies are babies - we start calling them brats when they start toddling. ;)

Just as with a lot of the early criticism of Misty, I think a lot of these things are cultural, and other things.

Like I said, there is plenty I see about Crystal that concerns me. I just hate to see her beat to a pulp over things that are ...like this and the other things I mentioned. It would be like harping on Ron for his earrings or cussing. Too harsh, IMO. Better to focus on the big stuff, of which there is plenty. lol

I dont. Her lawyer is doing her job and spinning. Thats what good lawyers do. IMO I dont think the lawyer knew anything about Crystal making false accusations in the past. And NG caught her by surprise. It was interesting to watch.

Thank you cuppy. I watched the show, and then I read what you all have discussed and I'd like to share my opinion of what happened on the show tonight in regard to NG asking hard questions of CS.

IIRC, in the past when CS has been on NG's show, NG has always treated her with a soft approach, without making CS uncomfortable.

What was different about tonight?

NG wasn't just interviewing CS. She had CS's lawyer there. NG don't hold back no punches when she deals with lawyers, because she, herself, was a lawyer.

I percieved NG's aggression towards the lawyer, trying to make the Lawyer squirm. She never let's a lawyer come on her show without letting that lawyer know who's the lady boss ---JMHO on NG demeanor tonight.

She says she had the care of the kids, and at their ages then, I can see how it could be that they were never hit.

I'm going to pull back now, but I guess what I wonder is how anyone can be so sure she's lying, or about anything in this case? :sheesh:

I mean, I have expressed my suspicions, concerns, and doubts, but I really don't get the complete assurance some have that things are not a chance.

I guess because I've seen them happen, I can't agree with the reasonings people are giving for being so bold and confident that she's lying through her teeth... or at least to not consider the possibility that it's true - and cost of being wrong if it is.
I have seen them happen to in my own experince but for some reason I just cant get behind Crystal on this because I get this feeling she isnt being totally truthful. But thats JMO.But who knows:)

Im not so sure about that - from what i can see both families seem very familiar to the police and how they work M OO

Haven't read all the posts, just have to say. . .

NG is being pretty harsh. She thinks CS is whining too much at the wrong issue.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Why isn't she trying to get custody of Haleigh too? What am I missing here?

Oh, and CS's lawyer isn't going to take any of NG's crabbola.

Thank you cuppy. I watched the show, and then I read what you all have discussed and I'd like to share my opinion of what happened on the show tonight in regard to NG asking hard questions of CS.

IIRC, in the past when CS has been on NG's show, NG has always treated her with a soft approach, without making CS uncomfortable.

What was different about tonight?

NG wasn't just interviewing CS. She had CS's lawyer there. NG don't hold back no punches when she deals with lawyers, because she, herself, was a lawyer.

I percieved NG's aggression towards the lawyer, trying to make the Lawyer squirm. She never let's a lawyer come on her show without letting that lawyer know who's the lady boss ---JMHO on NG demeanor tonight.

Hadn't thought of that myself but EXACTLY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela