2009.03.20 Document Release

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't recall the SA office yet requesting anything of the defense yet though
Am I wrong

I haven't either. It should be reflected on the court docket, but there's nothing there.

I thought that too, until I read these:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3479269&postcount=28

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3480471&postcount=31
from this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81622&page=2

Now I'm worried. I just want the trial to come around so it can all be out in the open, no more secrets.
Thanks for those links, the last one reminded me of a question I have had for the longest time. Cindy's cell phone...there was only two days listed in the report of calls, messages, most likely she deleted anything prior to that. My question is, even if she did delete, would they be able to retrieve that information ? This might have been answered already and I have looked, but couldn't find a lot on her brand of phone, Motorola Razor, I think.

Thanks for those links, the last one reminded me of a question I have had for the longest time. Cindy's cell phone...there was only two days listed in the report of calls, messages, most likely she deleted anything prior to that. My question is, even if she did delete, would they be able to retrieve that information ? This might have been answered already and I have looked, but couldn't find a lot on her brand of phone, Motorola Razor, I think.

IIRC, and I did some research on this aspect because of the deleted files for KC, but I think they have ways of retrieving even deleted messages from the phone.

They should be able to in the same manner that they extracted Casey's, Tony's, Amy's, etc. They would use the same software. Question is, why hasn't it been released? I guess maybe because Baez hasn't specifically asked for it, but who knows?

They should be able to in the same manner that they extracted Casey's, Tony's, Amy's, etc. They would use the same software. Question is, why hasn't it been released? I guess maybe because Baez hasn't specifically asked for it, but who knows?
Maybe they are waiting to release the most incriminating evidence, the less time the defense has to come up with a "defense" the better, or that's my line of thinking.

This is frustrating, trying to read through and figure out what is old and what might be new...anyway, I am reading the interview w/ Melina, friend of Casey's from school. She said that at first Casey said Jesse was Caylee's father and then said that a guy named "Josh" was her father. I don't remember JP Chatt's first name, was it Josh or Joshua ? I always thought the two looked so much alike, I'm reaching here !

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974376/detail.html

I'll reach right along with you. Anyone else notice that she gave the same "died in a car accident" story but with a different name? Jesus...Josh...both "J" names. Thread of truth? Maybe the dad really is JP Chatt? another "J" name.

Maybe they are waiting to release the most incriminating evidence, the less time the defense has to come up with a "defense" the better, or that's my line of thinking.

The defense would just stall the trial, and rightfully so. The pros. could get in trouble for not turning over evidence in a timely manner.

IIRC, and I did some research on this aspect because of the deleted files for KC, but I think they have ways of retrieving even deleted messages from the phone.
Yes, I hope so. It was oh so strange that when Cindy came in on Aug 4th, everything prior to Aug 2nd had been deleted, except for some pictures of Caylee. There has got to be some text messages on there that would be "beneficial to the state".

I thought that too, until I read these:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3479269&postcount=28

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3480471&postcount=31
from this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81622&page=2

Now I'm worried. I just want the trial to come around so it can all be out in the open, no more secrets.

The defense would just stall the trial, and rightfully so. The pros. could get in trouble for not turning over evidence in a timely manner.

Sorry to quote myself, but read those linked posts. AZLawyer really did a great job of explaining it, and it made me think twice. They can't just "hold back evidence"...

What would they request? The defense doesn't have any obligation to disclose or share any information with the prosecution.
I don't recall the SA office yet requesting anything of the defense yet though
Am I wrong

I think it's pretty common for the state to stretch it out sometimes and equally common for the defense to complain about it. Also not so uncommon is the defense's ploy of coming up with their theory's in an attempt to explain away the evidence in the eleventh hour before trial starts and sometimes during the trial, even. I believe MB did something like this in the Spector trial.

discovery always works both ways far as any place on earth I've heard of

I was under the impression that the prosecution had to give the evidence to the defense in a timely manner, But that the defense is under no obligation to release everything to the public. I do believe that they can choose what to release and what to keep for trial. JMO

I'll reach right along with you. Anyone else notice that she gave the same "died in a car accident" story but with a different name? Jesus...Josh...both "J" names. Thread of truth? Maybe the dad really is JP Chatt? another "J" name.

Yeah, and told cindy her current boyfriend was "jeff hopkins"
lets not forget Juliet lewis (good work friend)

~thinks~ Hmm any more j's? OOOH j blanchard park! I see a connection ~snort~

I was under the impression that the prosecution had to give the evidence to the defense in a timely manner, But that the defense is under no obligation to release everything to the public. I do believe that they can choose what to release and what to keep for trial. JMO

No, read about the Sunshine Laws. Everything (unless ordered sealed) turned over to the defense during the discovery process is considered public record.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0119/ch0119.htm

Sorry to quote myself, but read those linked posts. AZLawyer really did a great job of explaining it, and it made me think twice. They can't just "hold back evidence"...

They cannot hold back evidence, but I do believe they can delay evidence and actually even keep evidence from the public in certain instances.

State laws vary on this, from what I understand, and AZLawyer did say that the law was very broad, but I keep my faither that there is a TON we have not seen yet:

interviews with AL
interview with AD
information on a JMH (did they ever find one?)
Interview with other friends, including JP

And so much other stuff that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back